I recently attended the Love is Murder writers conference at this hotel. From the moment I checked in, they made me feel like the Rose Bowl Queen. The first room I was given on floor 12 was very nice but lacking a bath tub. When I mentioned this to the housekeeper, she encouraged me to call the front desk and see if a room with a tub was available. Not only was it available, the hotel sent up two employees to take my luggage and move me to the 8th floor. There I had a corner room that was even bigger. Not long after that I heard a knock on the door. A uniformed staff member handed me a complimentary "amenity" of fruit and chocolates, artfully presented, along with a welcome card signed by the manager. For the next four days (three nights), I was treated so well by everyone. The staff really goes out of its way to be helpful and friendly--and it doesn't seem forced. They make the Marriott, known for its customer care, look like slackers; they are that good. The food from room service arrived on time and was beautifully presented. The only complaint I have concerns the prices: they are higher than average for room service and in the gift shop ($5 for a small bag of popcorn?). On the other hand, I paid $93 per night, the conference rate, for the room and to this New Englander, that is cheap! I believe the regular rates aren't much higher. All in all, from the spacious, luxurious bed to the stretch sofa and contemporary bathroom with excellent toiletries, the Intercontinental wins my lasting appreciation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Loews Chicago O'Hare is the area's first luxury hotel with its very own art gallery featuring a full-time curator and monthly art exhibitions. The works of Chicago's most intriguing artists are displayed throughout the hotel. After dinner enjoy live entertainment in our very own Montrose Theatre. Architecture buffs will enjoy a visit to the Frank Lloyd Wright Home while sports fans can attend a game at nearby Wrigley Field. We are located just minutes from O Hare International Airport and 14 miles west of downtown Chicago, making us the perfect destination for business and conference guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Chicago o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Intercontinental Hotel Rosemont