“Great spot if you are staying at O'Hare”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed at this property for a meeting in Chicago - no rooms downtown due to a major conference in Chicago. I was surprised by and very impressed by the hotel - new, clean, stylish (great art exhibit in the lobby) and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

We're sorry that downtown wasn't available but, of course, pleased that you chose to stay with us. Thank you for your mention of the art exhibit. We have a new installation scheduled for January 18 - we hope you join us and give us your thoughts on the new work.

Best regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,908)

Reviewed December 22, 2012

After a long day of work and travel, staying at the Intercontinental O'Hare is the best possible ending one can wish for. The room comfort and cleanliness are as good as you might expect from this hotel brand, and the service is simply great. If there is one thing that separates good from great hotels, in my opinion it is the hotel's staff and their willingness to assist the guests. At the Intercontinental O'Hare, the staff goes above and beyond what one might expect when it comes to customer service.
As an added bonus, the restaurant in the hotel lobby is excellent, with the food and service a fitting compliment to the Intercontinental O'Hare's outstanding level of service and quality.
I will definitely stay there again on my future stops at Chicago O'Hare.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank geronti

Dear Geronti,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide the feedback. We will continue to do everything we can to accommodate you in the future. Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do for your next stay.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed for just one night, having flown from OHare the next morning. I have done numerous park sleep and fly stays near the airport. This one did not involve parking and leaving a car.

I have to say that the Intercontinental OHare was considerably quieter than other hotels that are also located along or just under arriving aircraft flight paths. I watched in silence as the planes came in. Must be some very good sound proofing.

The bed was very comfortable, plenty of bedding and pillows. The bathroom did not have a tub, but the shower was very roomy, and it had a rainbath shower head. It took me several tries to figure out how to turn the water on!! The faucet seemed to be loose, and it took a few attempts to turn on and adjust the flow and temp of water.

My room was a corner room (1168) and had an unusual configuration (allowing for more space). When you walked in the door, there was an 'entry' area with table and wall mirror, and then a left turn to walk past the bathroom (with sliding door) and into the 'bedroom' area. Besides the usual bed, TV, closet space, dressing area, there was also an interesting lounge chair with its own table (stand) on wheels. I assume this would be for room service, which I did not indulge in this time.

Hotel shuttles run frequently, and 24 hours a day I believe. Nice shuttle! Very comfy seating.

I would stay here again if I have the opportunity. I have not seen this hotel offered on park sleep fly, and that is what I am usually doing at OHare hotels.

There are three on-site restaurants. Capital Grille, McCormick and Schmicks, and inside the lobby is Fresco 21, which was my choice for dinner. I had a margherita style pizza and glass of Italian red wine, both of which were very nice!

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem to offer more space, and a bit of privacy from onlooking eyes when you open the do...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. With your extensive travel history, we know you could have chosen any other hotel. We are so pleased that you selected us. Thank you also for your comments on Fresco 21. The restaurant is just 3 months old but already getting excellent feedback. We're very fortunate the have 3 of the top-rated restaurants in the area - Fresco 21, Capital Grille, and McCormick & Schmick's. We hope you keep checking in on us. Our menus change frequently and our chef Cameron Grant is always encouraging comments.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Overall I have to say this hotel was superb and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. I normally write a balanced review of the good and bad things about the hotels I stay in, but I really only have one minor negative comment to make about an otherwise great hotel.

So, here is the only negative point.
In most international hotels you get the full choice of breakfast as part of the price you pay, but not here! There is a tantalising array of cereals, bread, fruit, scrambled egg, sausages etc in the centre of the buffet. But beware! The continental breakfast price only covers cereals, yoghurt and toast. Anything hot is $6 extra, so I ended up being charged that price after enjoying just one spoonful of scrambled egg! You have been warned!

The positive aspects of this hotel are numerous.
Check in was wonderful, friendly and efficient after my 8 hour flight. I felt genuinely welcomed. The rooms are huge, very comfortable, with soft lighting, a large safe conveniently stored in a drawer and a great coffee machine. Planes take off and literally fly right over and past the hotel, but the sound-proofing is so good that you don't notice them.

The rainmaker shower was wonderful, the towels were plentiful and the toiletries superb. The bathrooms are laid out in a practical yet sympathetic style. Other great features include the flight centre, where you can check in and print your boarding pass, all whilst viewing the state of your flight on one of the two large screens. Bobbi, the concierge gave me some great tips and wonderful information about my visit to downtown Chicago, all with the benefit of her knowledge and time. The courtesy bus was also great for not only transport to and from the airport, but also the local CTA station. What more could you ask for!

Overall this is a superb hotel and I will always be pleased to return.

• Stayed: December 2012
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. Since you have traveled to many parts of the world, and experienced many levels of service, we are proud that you selected us for your Chicago visit.. Please let us know when your plans bring you back to us. Our database allows us to reserve the same room for your next stay, or you might choose a different room type or view. Either way, we will be at your service.
Also, thank you for the feedback on your dining experience. We will look into our breakfast options to see if we might be able to revise our current policies.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

If you Google the distance between the Airport and O'Hare, it's only 3.6miles. When you're in the hotel it seems so much closer, yet their is little to no major air noise. The conference rooms are quite large and the onsite restaurants/bar are great. Be warned, this hotel is not close to anything! If you want to explore, rent a car. The hotel shuttle does stop at the Rosemont CTA Station. This will take you downtown.
If you want a meal outside of the restaurant, try Maria's Mexican Restaurant. When you exit the hotel Turn right on River Rd, and make the 1st right on to Foster Ave.
mariasmexicanrestaurant.com‎

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay. We're glad that you enjoyed the hotel. Regarding your comments about Rosemont, we're pleased to say that the last piece of Rosemont Park is due to open before the end of the year. With the casino, a comedy club, multiple entertainment venues and the soon to open 125 store shopping mall in our backyard, our local area has come a long way in the past 2 years.
We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have nothing negative to stay about this hotel. It is new, fresh, great decor, comfy beds, fantastic staff and a great breakfast. What you see in the pictures is what you get, and that is how it should be. Wifi is fast, and we were given it complimentary due to the unusually long stay we had at an airport hotel. The room service standard is extremely high. The ahi tuna, and house pasta were my favourites. The servers at Fresco are very friendly and professional. Complimentary airport shuttle that will also take you to the CTA blue line and entertainment complex next door if you ask. You can actually walk the block to entertainment complex if your heels aren't too high! The only niggle we had was the limited TV channels. However I understand as an airport hotel people do not usually stay over a week. This is the only hotel near ORD for me. I would 100% recommend it.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the feedback. Based on your profile, you have experienced many great hotels during your travels. We understand that it takes many years of consistent service before one can be considered a great hotel, and we are striving to do just that.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not wanting to miss an early morning flight to Cancun for vacation, my wife and I decided to book a room close to O'hare International Airport. We pulled into the very nice covered parking deck and checked into our room. While it was not enormous, it was fresh, clean, comfortable and very very nice. A great bathroom/shower to get ready in the morning. Wonderful bed linens and terrific bedding all around. The shuttle to the Airport was fast, comfortable and very courteous.

I wish we had that nice of a room in Cancun.

Room Tip: Try to book here, it is well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WorldlyTravelersIN

Guest,
We're glad that we we were your first stop on your Cancun vacation. Perhaps we'll have the chance to accommodate you again for your next vacation.