Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$105
$97
  • Restaurant
SpringHill Suites Chicago O'Hare(Rosemont)(Great Value!)
$149
$123
$211
$189
1,990 results
All reviewscapital grilleart gallerymccormick and schmicksrain showeroutlet mallbeautiful hotelmodern decorroom servicefree shuttleshower headbusiness meetingclose to the airportself parkingfashion outletsbed was very comfortablehotel restaurantcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

It is an Intercontinental and all that goes along with that brand. Great staff, wonderful rooms, excellent decor and a Capital Grill next door. I needed a place to stay near O'Hare and this was surely not a disappointment. I just wish there was a door on the shower.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the galleries
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back again soon - if not with us, then one of our sister InterContinentals.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I try to make a point to stay at the IC O'Hare whenever I have to stay in suburban Chicago. The staff is competent and congenial and with my Royal Ambassador I get a free room upgrade which is always nice. I also enjoy the Cosmopolitan nature of the staff as I am always inquisitive as to peoples heritage.

There is a newish restaurant in the hotel and the food was quite good, and my server from Bulgaria was not only charming but highly competent making the dining experience highly enjoyable.

My only complaint was my bill was incorrect at departure, and while the front desk people were happy to quickly correct the billing, when I returned home and checked my AMEX bill the additional charges had been added back to my statement. Not acceptable.

Luckily a quick phone call on a Sunday morning remedied the billing, and the lovely young lady at the desk from Macedonia turned a negative into a positive with her concern and actions. One cannot ask for more.

The following day one of the managers followed up to make sure everything was resolved which I consider to be highly professional and highly personal as well.

So in summary, enjoy your stay, enjoy the food, and double check your bill.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for returning to us...and we apologize for your billing troubles. We're glad that we remedied the problem quickly, but will do better to avoid the error next time.
Also, thank you for your comments on our new Mediterranean restaurant - Fresco 21. We're glad you enjoyed your dinner and your stay.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Booked in here after a long haul from Australia. The hotel was crisp and clean even had an in house art gallery. For a place so close to the airport there were 3 dining options within 20 meters. The gym was of an above average standard so all in all everything that the exhausted traveller could ask for including the comp airport shuttle.

Dear Guest,
We're very glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay after your long travels. On your next visit to the US we hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had a conference to attend at the Stephens Convention Center (SCC) and didn't have time to really explore Chicago, so selecting a hotel near the SCC made sense. I was torn between the Westin and the InterContinental, since I'm a Starwood member, but was drawn to the InterContinental because it seemed a bit more modern and had a slightly shorter walk to the SCC.

My good-sized room was on the 9th floor and had a nice view of the Park. Very quiet, very clean, great, funky modern and chic decor and really neatly designed, large bathroom. Deeper bathtub was nice to soak in after a day of travelling. My bed was a little hard, but that's my experience at most hotels.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the airport shuttle timely. I used the good-sized gym every night and was pleased to see new equipment there and that it was clean, included towels, fruit, and a water cooler. There were dumbbells, Nautilus-like equipment, approximately 4 treadmills, 4 ellipticals, and 2 cycles.

I ate at the in-house tapas restaurant (Fresco 21) one night. I wanted something light, since my conference tended to overfeed me. Good food. Service a little slow but not horrible. It's a good alternative to the heavy meat-steakhouses that flank the front door.

The only complaint I have about the hotel is that my 15" MacBook didn't fit into the room safe. Most safes these days are just large enough for a 15", so that was a surprise. It was only annoying a few times when I left for a meal or the gym, but I would guess that most people are probably here for business, so they have their laptop with them.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you selecting our hotel. Should your business bring you back to the area, we hope you stay again with us.
At this time next year, we will have a brand new 125-store shopping mall directly behind us, featuring Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, and much more - all within a 5 minute walk.
Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your return.

Regards,
Patrick Cook, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Located next to the Capitol Grill restaurant, the Intercontinental was able to help me with a last minute reservation. Sleek and modern, it was an oasis in "convention center hotel row". Having last been to the Rosemont Convention Center several years ago, it was nice to see a modern hotel in a sea of frequently used convention center hotels. The rooms were modern with great modern bathroom updates that included a rain shower. The addition of a clock radio with Iphone charger was a welcomed addition.
The only negative was sound. You could hear all halway activity as the door was very thin which was surprising as the hotel appeared to be relatively new.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you very much for the feedback. We're grateful that you decided to stay with us. As you noted, we are a relatively new hotel - four years old. Also, you mentioned Capital Grille. Maybe you had a chance to dine there? If so, we hope your meal was what you hoped for. We also offer McCormick & Schmick's seafood, and Fresco 21 Mediterranean (brand new).
We hope you let us know if you plan to return anytime soon.

Director of Sales