“Nice airport hotel”

Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had to stay over at ohare as flying sydney - lax then to ORD. next day flight to east coast.
Overnight so checked out TA for advice re airport hotels.
Lots of choices in the area so chose Intercontinental because of TA.

A couple of points-bit of a hassle to get to the shuttle bus center to get the shuttle bus if you have lots of luggage like we did.wondered as we waiting for bus whether we should have stayed at hilton right next to shuttle bus center.
The shuttle bus was efficient as was check in.

Nice hotel
Good facilities
Good breakfast
Comfortable beds
Bit pricey for a airport hotel
The shuttle drops you back to your airline terminal and not that dreaded shuttle center.

All in all a nice pleasant if not forgettable stay
( to be fair its an airport hotel in the middle of nowhere- no offense to rosemont).

If i had to overnight at ORD again yes i would def be back

Room Tip: High floor better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
PKCook, Director of Sales at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear traveler,
We are very pleased that you selected us from the many hotels here in the O'Hare area. As you are probably aware, the city of Chicago does require everyone to walk to the shuttle/bus center to board the hotel transports. We know it's a little bit of a hike, but hope once you arrived there you were able to relax.
Thank you for the feedback. Let us know if you route yourself through our area again and we will do our best to make sure you are very comfortable.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,932)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Not much I can say other than perfect, comfortable, and great staff. I would highly recommend the coffee in the small gift shop located in the Lobby. This hotel is a great example of what the InterContinental brand is about --- luxury, comfort, and peace of mind.

Bobbi, one of the concierge staff, is truly wonderful and one of the most courteous people I have ever dealt with. I had been travelling for over 40 days and had a ton of dirty laundry. :) She not only provided me with the name and address of someone who would take care of it for me, but followed up with both that person and myself to make sure it was done in a satisfactory manner. Though she continuously refused my tips, I must admit, she makes that hotel wonderful. She loves helping others and it shows.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We agree - Bobbi is wonderful. In fact, last year, she was inducted into the Chicago area concierge hall of fame - the first to receive that honor from a suburban hotel. If you return to us in the future, you know will be waiting to assist you in any way!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a very nice upscale hotel. Very clean, modern, well appointed. We selected it to be far enough away from the airport to be able to sleep after a 14 hour ride from Hong Kong then clearing Customs and Immigration with an adopted child.The hotel provided shuttle takes about 10 minutes door to door with a friendly driver
The desk staff was very friendly during check in.
We didn't feel that the Capital Grille would be a suitable restaurant to take two tired , hungry toddlers so we searched for more appropriate fare nearby. Desk staff indicated there was nothing within walking distance so we either would need to take a cab or use room service. $74.55 later we were all fed. A hamburger,fries, salad, pizza, mac and cheese.
I reluctantly signed up for the internet to let our families know where we were and to check flight status for our early AM departure. $12.95 for internet? I think with tax and fees the room came to nearly $180. Another $13 for internet? Really? I think I paid $9.50 for Wifi at Ohare !
I suppose the hotel's business model is structured around business travelers with expense accounts.Families w/ littles may want something else.
Sleep? Our room was situated with a window overlooking a lower level roof area with an array of HVAC units that ran the whole stay.
Upside: The shuttle packed about 30 folks and their luggage to ORD at 0500 the next morning so we could all make our flights. Driver seemed to love his job even at 0500!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Congratulations on the the addition to your family!
We know the last thing you want after a long trip is to be bothered by anything, so we're sorry that you had to seek a restaurant in the area. Fortunately, we are now able to offer Fresco 21, our new lobby restaurant featuring Mediterranean cuisine, and all menu items are affordably-priced. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was here for two nights for a business meeting. The staff in the hotel is extremely professional and responsive. I had forgotten some toiletries and had to take a cab to a nearby Walgreen's. They called the cab and it arrived in 2 minutes. The shuttle to and from the airport worked like clockwork as well. I had a breakfast meeting in the restaurant Fresco's which worked beautifully. Coffee was a medium size French press and though I could only drink one cup, it was delicious. The catered food for the corporate events was pretty good. We had two dinners - one sit down and one buffet style - and two lunches - one buffet and one box. My favorite meal was the buffet dinner. There was a Mexican aspect to it but not at every station. I had good guacamole and great roasted turkey. My room was very large, clean and stylish. The hues are warm greys and they provide a soothing atmosphere. The art in the public areas was impressive.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We will let our executive chef that you enjoyed the meals. Please let us know when you will return and we will do everything to ensure an equally comfortable stay. Also, we will look forward to your feedback on our new art exhbit, which was installed earlier this week.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel is very tastefully decorated and modern. Staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious until you start to unpack! They only have 3 drawers for guests to stow their stuff in and one of the drawers has a safe bolted inside of it so there are really only 2 smallish drawers! The closet had a total of 6 hangers and about 8-10 inches of hanging room! I was shocked. I have never seen a room with this little storage space, not even a Red Roof Inn. I really don't like living out of my suitcase. I have no idea how they expect 2 people to stay in the room. Additionally, there were only 2 bath towels and 1 bathrobe. Maybe they only expect solo travelers.

1  Thank kim w
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear kim w,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. It delights me you found our property well decorated, our hotel staff to be friendly and helpful and our rooms spacious. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry some aspects of our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the closets and bathroom amenities you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and rest assured, these will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you say "airport hotel" you think about wearing your socks when you shower. This Hotel can go up against any resort property. Very modern decor, clean lines, and new feel (not sure how old it really is). The standard room is spacious and has super large LCD TV. Although my room faced the airport, I didn't hear one plane take off. The bathrooms are "spa like". Loads of glass tiles and frameless glass shower with rain shower head. Towels were high-end and what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were goose down. You'll sleep like a security guard (won't wake up once). I only had breakfast and the food was a 10 out of 10 with lot's of choices. The restaurant service was average (never came back to fill water and brought coffee press after I said I didn't want coffee). Not being picky, but service is the easiest part. I also believe they should include internet in the room price. BAD PROFIT. I would recommend this for anyone stuck in Chicago and/or business travel.

Dear Guest,
It's wonderful to read your very detailed review. Yes, are still fairly new - just celebrated our 4th anniversary. Yet, even though we are not brand new, we still work very hard to keep everything fresh and dynamic. In July, we opened our new restaurant in the lobby - Fresco 21, and just this week, we installed our new art exhibit in the main lobby. We hope you return to us in the very near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I travel a lot, like 80% of the time. I come to Chicago often, always come here. Nice, big rooms (ask for King room, they have nicer showers), very good service - front desk people are very nice.
Even the restaurant upscale and very very good.
Good soundproofing - cant hear the other rooms.
A VERY good place to be in/near Chicago. Ridiculous rates on Hotwire.... The only 4 1/2 stars hotel... easy to find....

Room Tip: Get a KIng room