“Fantastic Crab Cakes”
Review of Five Roses Pub

Five Roses Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Five Roses Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 85 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The lively bar scene meets classic neighborhood pub in the heart of MB Financial Park in Rosemont, Illinois. We bring people together in the modern era with an environment that combines the best parts of pub tradition with the contemporary bar scene. For centuries, pub culture has been associated with comfort and hospitality, a tradition we've built into our modern, American pub. Enjoy Executive Chef Rafael Marquez's modern pub cuisine, craft beer, live music, and vibrant nightlife all within our warm, friendly atmosphere. Let our house be yours! Five Roses "Not Your Ordinary Pub"
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Fantastic Crab Cakes”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We were here for a 80's pub crawl yesterday (8-30-14) and they had great DJ with great music. Our group ate food which was fantastic especially their crab cakes. We will be back!

Visited August 2014

Wisconsin Dells
“Cool atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been there a couple of times. The atmosphere is real cool, has a traditional Irish Celtic vibe. The food and drinks were awesome. The waiter was a bit slow and scattered but he didn't take away from Five Roses Pub quality establishment. Great place for friends, family and co-workers! :-)

Rockford, Illinois
“Good food variety but service could be better”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

My wife and i with another couple whom we haven't seen in a while decided to a 'fun' destination dinner at the fairly new Park Place at Rosemont. There were several new and different restaurants to choose from but we decided on Five Roses because of the variety we found on their online menu. It was about 6 PM and my wife and I were early so we went to the bar where there were two other couples. The two bartenders and two wait staff were having a social gathering at the far end of the bar. I had to flag the bartender down to get his attention. I ordered a drink with a side of water while my wife looked at the drink menu.The bartender brought my drink without the water and didn't ask my wife if she was ready to order which she was. He just walked away and continued the discussion with the other wait staff. It was near impossible to get either of the bartenders' attention. Even when our guests arrived at the bar, we were ignored until we decided to go to restaurant and get our table then the bartender was attentive especially when I asked the host if we can carry over my bar bill to the restaurant. The bartender was quick to ask if we could pay it there. At dinner, our waiter was better attentive. Regarding the food, I ordered the Gaelic beef tips-medium well. When I received them they ranged from rare to very well done. The others at our table said their meals were okay but none felt it would be worth a special trip in the future.

• Visited August 2014
“Plain bad ”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I usually dont write reviews unless its for something I saw traveling. But I have to write a review on this place to let people visiting near here know how bad this place is. The waiter was not nice at all and didnt bring water. Didnt refill water and didnt offer desert. The beer is overpriced 7$ for a hoegarden. I think the worst part was that the menu on there website didn't match what the menu at the restaurant was. No lamb burger. No guiness float and missing a few other items I saw online. When our food arrived I could count the number of fries on my plate. 10. My plate was a lunch size plate for dinner and the rest of my family had extra small plates as well. For a 16$ plate and to leave still hungry, it was disappointing to say the least. The appetizer was tasty but for 8$ we only got three corn beef empenadas for 5 people. We had to go next door to lucky bowling alley for a proper desert. I will say that none of the restaurants in this area are very good. Since its a very tourist area I would say the lucky bowling alley might be your best bet since we went there and they gave us water right away with a smile.

2 Thank djrealone
Chicago, Illinois
“Mediocre food, slow service”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We first tried this restaurant when it opened, probably 4-5 years ago. The experience then was bad enough that we didn't go back until lunch this afternoon. Things have not improved. Food is pricey for what you get, drinks pretty overpriced too, other than some reasonable specials. There were five occupied tables when we arrived for a Sunday lunch at 11:30am. Two already had their food. It still took us over 35 minutes to get a salmon burger and a salmon entree. Our server told us twice that it the food would arrive "any minute." Then the manager did the same a third time. It was a little silly at that point. The food was ok to good when it finally arrived, but nothing earth shattering. The mashed potatoes were luke warm at best, and the fries were cold. The salmon was well cooked. Fried cheese curds app were drenched in grease (and not because of the curds). Lunch for two, with tip, ran us $70 (with one drink each). If you're at the Rosemont "lawn" as we call the entertainment district, try one of the other places and take a pass on this wanna be pub. If they haven't gotten their act together by now, it's not going to happen.

• Visited August 2014