“Great restaurant experience!”

Fogo de Chao Brazilian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Brazilian, South American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Fogo de Chao(fo-go dee shoun), an authentic Brazilian steakhouse. In 1979, Fogo began sharing the gaucho way of preparing meat in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Today, our gaucho chefs still expertly grill each of our 16 cuts of meat and offer you continuous tableside service.We invite you to enjoy the delicious preparations of our gaucho chefs along with our gourmet salad bar, authentic Brazilian side dishes, and award-winning wine list. Welcome to Fogo de Chao. The Gaucho Way of Preparing Meat
Bob K
“Great restaurant experience!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Fogo de Chao is a great restaurant with a different dining experience. For those of us who are used to the regular steak house, it made my friends and I a little apprehensive. However, the staff explains how the system worked and what was going to happen and we totally loved it. The staff was very attentive and kept coming to our table to check on us. The guys carrying the meat were right there when you turned over your green card. The food was very good and with this system, you get to try almost every meat they serve. I say almost because we found we couldn't eat anymore and had to give up on some selections. A word of warning, when your plate has what you intend to eat, turn your card over to red or they will just keep coming.

The atmosphere was great, the lighting was right and the tables far enough apart that we felt we could have a conversation without being listened to. If you have never been to the Rosemont entertainment center, it is a little hard to find. They will park your car for $10 or you can park in the parking lot and they will validate your ticket at not cost.

Totally enjoyed the experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Robert K

• Serbian first
Concord, Massachusetts
“A Lot of Food”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Fogo de Chao experience is consistent wherever I go. The problem is the salad bar is so big that I never leave enough room for the meat. This one was the same but it was a little more unruly. The salad bar was crowded and people were going every which way. The meat handlers were very prompt and very solicitous. They went out of their way to bring me what I wanted. I do think that it is overpriced, though.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Paul D
Chicago
“Just Ok”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I took my two boys and, frankly, for the money I think I'll pass next time. It is expensive and the food just isn't that great. I found most cuts salty and not cooked exactly to my liking. I guess if you're with a bunch of guys and it's a boys weekend or night out it might be fine - but for most nights out it's not the right fit. For the money you can get way better steak close by (Gibson's or Mortons). After all, how much steak can one person eat. The staff was fine. Wine list was poor and overpriced. Next time off to a different place.

• Visited April 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I took my husband here for his 30th birthday, along with 2 friends to celebrate. We knew what was entailed in the dining experience but you really dont know exactly what to expect until you are there. Wonderful staff, wonderful food. So wonderful being able to try so many different meats at one time. We were so excited when our "favorites" came back around. Servers were great about keeping the side dishes fresh and full on our tables. LOVED the rolls. So doughy and delicious. The birthday dessert was so decadent also. Nothing was below exceptional! The guys even asked to take a tour of the kitchen to see all of the meats cooking and the manager was more than happy to take them back. It was a wonderful experience and cannot wait to go back! We drove 2.5 hours each way to go here, and it was well worth it.

• Visited March 2014
Long Island, New York
“Unique dining experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Everything was perfect and the food awesome and delicious. The only thing I could have asked for would have been to have some fish on the menu. Most steak houses also have fish dishes. All the meat was cooked to perfection, but meat is very heavy and there is just so much meat one can eat.

• Visited April 2014