“Food average, but service great”
Review of Villagio - CLOSED

Villagio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Food average, but service great”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Service was attentive and awesome. The people were great. Atmosphere makes the best use of a mall setting and was pleasant. The food was good, but not great. I had a meatball and a caprese salad, average. My wife had home made ravioli with a pink tomato sauce, definitely small and below average. Everyone else liked their food, no raves though. Nice touches like pizza for free for the table as an appetizer with drinks, and a shot of limoncello for everone on the house at the end. I think the food could use more flavor.

• Visited January 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Dinner at Villagio”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

It was my first time to go to the Fashion Outlet Mall of Chicago I went there because we're going to have our Christmas dinner at Villagio. I just love the restaurant in fact I've been telling my friends and relatives to try it - food was great, the staff's friendly and very nice service.
The restaurant atmosphere is very nice and it has a patio too.

• Visited December 2013
Algonquin, Illinois
“Amazing Restaurant, don't be deterred by it being in a mall!!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Let me start off with the setting, it is in a mall with an open view of the mall. So at first glance may not seem like the quality will be there. They do have an outdoor patio that looks very nice, however I was there in the winter so I was unable to try it.
The service is top notch. Genuinely friendly staff that are attentive and on top of their customer service. This alone made it a place I would want to go back to.
The menu is outstanding. I have been there twice and tried different things and every time I was blown away by the food. It is most definitely high quality and I loved it. The porions are generous and the taste is amazing. If you like cappuccino make sure you try it there. I loved it, if I was in the mall I would go there just for that and the tiramisu.
Overall, very well worth the cost for the service and quality of food. I will definitely be returning several times. Give it a shot and you will not be dissapointed.

• Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely excellent!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Delicious food and top notch service! Absolutely amazing lunch and the staff was so attentive and polite! Definitely will be back!

Wisconsin
“Top Notch Service, Superior Food, Worth the Visit”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Are here based on TA reviews. Stayed nearby and parked in the covered parking. It is attached to the end of the fashion outlet mall, yes, but doesn't matter. The food was superb and service matched it.

There were wait staff all over the place helping you. And your main waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. Some of the best I've seen. Well organized and seamless service with men wearing ties and suits.

The food was top notch. I had a lobster seafood pasta dish on special, and wife had a macadamia nut encrusted grouper. Both were absolutely outstanding. About 30 dollars each.

They serve complimentary bread and pitas baked with onions also.

Very satisfied with this choice.

The decor is also very upscale and swanky.

Of most important note for the future was the service, which was top notch.

• Visited January 2014