$176
$159
$143
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

$179
$161
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$139
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$180
$158
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

$149
$169
  • Restaurant
All reviewsholiday inn expressfree breakfastyogurthour and half hourfree parkingworkout roomclose to the airporto'hare airportstate arenaovernight staystayed one nightthe shuttle driverbusiness centerconvenient locationhotel shuttlepark and flyblue line
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel on June 18th, 2010. Since we were doing the park, stay and fly, we arrived on the 11th, dropped off the car, left our details at check-in, and hopped on the waiting shuttle to go to O'Hare. The shuttle driver was very friendly, and my daughter and I enjoyed listening to his experiences driving the shuttle. It was a nice relaxing moment before the hustle and bustle of the airport.

I called the hotel from LA, checking to see where to meet the shuttle, and she told us to just head to the shuttle pick up area at O'Hare, and that it would be easy to spot the shuttle. Admittedly, traveling with a grumpy kid and sitting on the tarmac already had me grouchy, but the only thing that irritated me was that the shuttle area was HUGE, and I had no idea where to head. Calling the hotel didn't help, as there was no answer the first four times I tried. Finally, I got through, and the woman told me to head all the way up towards the left. Within a few minutes, we were picked up.

Our check-in was fine, although I will say there was only one lady working the desk, and it was very busy. She was very friendly, and moved as quickly as she could, but I felt as though either the management should be working the desk also, or they need to staff additional people.

The hotel is beautiful, though, and my daughter and I were both impressed with its decor and the clean, fresh appearance. Our hotel room was small, but so beautiful (and yes, that may be strange to say, but it really is gorgeously decorated), and had every amenity we could need.

My daughter loved the pool, and I was thrilled to see a hot tub after a long day of travel. The pool is well maintained, and a very good size.

The best thing was, it was the most wonderful sleep I've EVER had in a hotel, and I would love to know the brand of the wonderful mattress and pillows. As someone who struggles to sleep at all in hotels, I slept like a baby, waking refreshed and cheerful.

The hotel does provide a complimentary breakfast, and it is a very good selection. We enjoyed sitting in the outer dining area and watching the travelers come and go as we had some biscuits and gravy, oatmeal and juice. Then, it was time for me to start our drive home, while we both agreed we would definately like to stay at this hotel next time we visit Chicago.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Lizaboo78
Jsetliff, Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel property. Please be advised that our hotel DOES NOT have a hot tub in our pool area but we do have a very nice kiddy pool with a water sprayer for all kids to have fun with. We enjoy having guests do our park and fly packages along with our reverse pack and fly packages as well. Our breakfast is a very huge hit with our guests and we will always continue to offer this for our guests and families. Our mattresses and pillows are all new and this makes for a very nice and comfortable stay. Thanks once again for the review and look forward to having your family come and stay with us again.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

This hotel is one of the worst hotels we have been to. First of all the keys don't work. They work for one day and then you have to go down to the desk and have it re-coded. The machine they use is antiquated and needs to be updated. But worst of all, we had ants in our room. We discovered a couple of stray ants in the bathroom but the next day we saw hundreds of ants in the garbage can that was in the room. We took pictures of them. They didn't have any plastic liners in the waste baskets so if someone put food in it, you see why ants would be attracted. We were there for a convention and they didn't have any large garbage bins to through your waste in, just one in the main lobby. The air conditioners units are very loud at night so it is hard to sleep with the constant noise. We asked for a roll-away and they brought it to the room standing up and the guy just left us to pull it down. No sheets so we had to call the front desk again. The only thing that was good was the breakfast but not enough for us to ever return to this hotel or another Holiday Inn Express chain again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank cellOphane99
Jsetliff, Operations Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2010

Thank you so much for your review here on trip advisor. The issues that have been brought to our attention have been addressed and taken care of here at the hotel property. We have taken the necessary actions to fix both the issues with the room and also the air unit. We have also discussed the correct policies and procedures with our roll away beds and making sure they are set up properly for our guests. I am glad to here that you did enjoy our breakfast here and hope that you will come back and give us another chance to show you we are a great hotel property. Feel free to call or e-mail me with an additional comments and concerns. Thanks once again for your response.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

1-I picked this hotel at the beginning of our Alaska travel mainly because it was close to O'Hare and supposed to have an airport shuttle, they claimed their shuttle comes every 30 minutes, but we had to wait 90 minutes in airport and the worst part is that they easily lied to us. While waiting we had to call hotel many times, they only picked up the phone in two of our 20-30 attempts to call and front desk finally said "The past 2 shuttles have not been able to come to domestic terminal because they had become full in International Terminal". The driver however carelessly said that he had been passing there and just didn't see us which is impossible because two of us were carefully watching the whole time. We saw other hotels including other holiday inns shuttles passing by more than 3 times before we saw the first one from this place.
When finally arriving at the hotel we saw why they are not even picking up the phone, they are simply understaffed. Only two ladies with huge line of guests and they carelessly confessed that unlike other neighboring hotels they only have one small shuttle which is not enough for such high traffic hotel and they started by reminding us that shuttle is a complimentary service and not a responsibility for the hotel
2-I reserved a 10,000 point package through PriorityClub.com and paid almost $60 more than the other available rates just to get that 10,000 points, and the 10,000 points package was even reflected correctly in my confirmation email. I received the standard email of "thanks for your stay" two days after checkout but then two weeks passed and even my stay was not posted in my PC account let alone the 10K points. The stay finally posted four weeks after my checkout and only after 3 complaining emails to priority club with only 1680 points. Then I sent two other emails to priorityclub about the 10,000 points. It is now almost two weeks after their last response that said they are communication with the hotel regarding my 10,000 point. This 10K points was not one of those "hit or miss" PC bonuses, it was clearly advertised and I chose that expensive rate that explicitly included these points, so I can't understand what is unclear here that should be resolved?

By the way, I just checked my email and I can see a guest satisfaction survey email sent to me after every single one of my stays in the past 3 years except for this single stay that I happened to have a serious complain about it. So this is what I think because I just see the same thing about Hyatt too (I mean not receiving the survey for the one and only stay with problem) and I think by excluding the negative datapoints from their survey data which seems to be an industry norm, corporate managers are trying to look flawless in the eyes of stockholders am not sure if this is the real explanation, this is just my only guess!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oberonin
Jsetliff, Operations Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor. We have addressed the issues and concerns here at the property with all of our staff. Our shuttle always is trying to stay ahead of traffic in and around O’Hare and our drivers do their best to stay on a consistent schedule. We are always working hard to find new ways to make sure all of our guests are picked up on time from the airport. Please feel free to contact me to address any other issues or concerns you might have had. Thanks

Reviewed June 9, 2010

Had an overnight here due to missing a flight connection so had a brief say here.
The hotel has a new fresh feel to it, the rooms are roomy, modern and clean.
Check-in and check out were easy, however even though I am a Priority Club member and presented my card, it was not entered on my reservation. And no priority Welcome pack was offered.
Quick, free airport shuttle.
If you leave before the breakfast begins there is no ‘to-go’ option which many airport hotels now offer.
As it was a brief overnight stay, I did not use any of the hotel facilities (gym, business center) and am unsure of what local amenities are available.
I would stay here again if transiting through O’Hare.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to here that you enjoyed your stay here with us while traveling through Chicago. I am sorry to here about the Priority Club points not being posted to your account. If you would like to contact me directly I can go ahead and make sure that is taken care of for you. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed April 9, 2010

Live in Wisconsin and we were flying out of O'hare. Got to hotel late that night. We did not use any of the amenities. This hotel was basically a place to crash for the night since we had an early flight the next morning. We got the "stay, park and fly rate" which was $90.95 plus tax. The good thing is that our parking for 5 days was included in that rate. If you park at one of the lots at O'hare Airport the average price is $17 a day. So that is a big savings to be able to leave your car at the hotel. They offer a free shuttle bus to get you back and forth to the airport which was very nice. The down-side to our room was there was mold in the shower, the drain on the tub did not work so when you showered you ended up standing in water up your ankles. There was no vent in the bathroom so you end up with foggy mirrors and the only outlets to plug in our cell phones and to iron were connected to the lamp. Not horrible, but bathrooms need updating. Hot, free breakfast in the morning was good!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
TaraHogan, Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel. We do apologize if you had experienced any inconvenience during your stay with us. We take great pride in providing an exceptional expereince and high levels of customer service. We do hope that you stay with us again in the future to allow us to provide you with this type of service. Thank you again for your stay with us and allowing us to be your home away from home during your travels.