“Nice but not as nice as other HIE”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
atl
“Nice but not as nice as other HIE”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed for two nights while visiting Chicago. Can't believe how expensive hotels in the area are. It was decent, not as clean as the other Holiday Inn Expresses I have stayed at recently. Bathroom was kind of small in the two queen room we had. Breakfast is always great (pancakes!), staff very friendly. Target within walking distance. It's only about a twenty minute ride to the museums or Millennium Park area. Would stay again.. But hopefully for less than $175 a night!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Jenne-25,

I do apologize about the rates and during our busy season our rates can get up into the $175 range but they are always that high. I am right there with you regarding the pancake machine; it is fantastic and a lot of our customers love it.

Thank you again for the feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Markham, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The rooms and common areas were adequate - nice touch that there was a "tuck" shop open 24/7 & computers in lobby for public access. The only thing I did not like was that everything & I mean everything at the breakfast was disposable! My 3 breakfasts here produced more garbage than I would generate in month of normal living at home.

Room Tip: If mobility is an issue, get a room close to elevators - otherwise could be a long walk
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Katem1099_49,

I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and our breakfast here at the hotel. It is truly one of the best around and gets a lot of use. We are looking into a recycling program at the hotel to ensure we are a green hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and appreciate your comments.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Madison
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Coming in late to O'Hare and needed to sleep before driving home. The hotel was clean and very close to the airport. Biggest bonus was I found a Buena Beef less than a mile away off Manheim at Touhy. What a delicious late night treat. Hotel has very small bathrooms, but for one person, it wasn't a problem. It took a little while to check out as there was no one at the desk for about 5 minutes. Otherwise all was good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
JK2748,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will share your feedback with the staff. I love Buena Beef as well and the nice part about my hotel is that it is near not only a Buena Beef but a Culvers, Chipotle, Apple Bees, Starbucks, Pot Bellys, and many more other restaurants that are in walking distance of the hotel.

If you receive a bill under your door at any hotel and the bill is correct you do not have to check out at the front desk. I have a person on the front desk at all times but that doesn’t mean a guest will not preoccupy their top a little longer than normal.

Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Great location near the hi way and direct access to the airport. Breakfast is included but the lines are very long during the weekend so get down early. Plenty of room in the lobby and other places in the hotel except for the room. Barely enough room to open the bathroom door while you are standing at the sink or want to access the shower.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Meceebee,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Our weekends can get a little busy with wedding parties and groups that come down in the morning. We are normally pretty good at having certain times that the groups come down so we can let our regular guest know but they do not always come down at the exact time we would like them too. I am happy to see that you like the location and that you like the size of the lobby.

One thing we will address at our next renovation is the size of the bathrooms and how to create a little more room. They are not the biggest bathrooms but they are standard for most Holiday Inn Expresses.

Thank you once again for your review and hope you have wonderful week!

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very nice room, nice staff, had great breakfast-nice variety. Free shuttle to and from O'Hare. We ate at Shoeless Joes Ale and Grill just around the corner within walking distance and it was very good for our dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Cathy H,

It was very kind of you to send in a nice review about the hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and commend them for their efforts. We get a lot of guest who stay here because of how close we are to the airport and because of how much stuff there is in walking distance to the hotel.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I enjoyed the stay here. friendly staff Esmeralda was very helpful and nice good breakfast. The rooms were small but comfortable beds and pillows. I liked the bar n grill they have behind the hotel. Shuttle driver was very nice target and other restaurant was nearby

• Stayed June 2014
909tc,

I truly do appreciate your comments and will be sure to thank and commend Esmeralda’s efforts. She is my night supervisor and is because she truly cares about the guests of the hotel and I am glad you recognized her.

We pride ourselves on being one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels around and I am happy you saw that.

Avon, Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Convenient location. Nice breakfast. Shuttle was a plus.
Rooms were okay, not great. It is a typical business-clientele hotel.
The shuttle does make a stop at Avis before going to the airport. It is quick, but allow time for that.
Guests were lingering around the entrance and desk when I checked in, but it was okay and they weren't trouble.

• Stayed June 2014
2CKGkids,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. A lot of people stay at my hotel because of how close we are to the airport and because of our complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. We do not normally make stops at the rental car places but if we have time and there are not a lot of people on the shuttle we will try and accommodate going to the rental car area.