“Nice for a 1 night layover” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare

Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Nice for a 1 night layover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very nice room, nice staff, had great breakfast-nice variety. Free shuttle to and from O'Hare. We ate at Shoeless Joes Ale and Grill just around the corner within walking distance and it was very good for our dinner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Cathy H,

It was very kind of you to send in a nice review about the hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and commend them for their efforts. We get a lot of guest who stay here because of how close we are to the airport and because of how much stuff there is in walking distance to the hotel.

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I enjoyed the stay here. friendly staff Esmeralda was very helpful and nice good breakfast. The rooms were small but comfortable beds and pillows. I liked the bar n grill they have behind the hotel. Shuttle driver was very nice target and other restaurant was nearby

• Stayed June 2014
909tc,

I truly do appreciate your comments and will be sure to thank and commend Esmeralda’s efforts. She is my night supervisor and is because she truly cares about the guests of the hotel and I am glad you recognized her.

We pride ourselves on being one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels around and I am happy you saw that.

Avon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Convenient location. Nice breakfast. Shuttle was a plus.
Rooms were okay, not great. It is a typical business-clientele hotel.
The shuttle does make a stop at Avis before going to the airport. It is quick, but allow time for that.
Guests were lingering around the entrance and desk when I checked in, but it was okay and they weren't trouble.

• Stayed June 2014
2CKGkids,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. A lot of people stay at my hotel because of how close we are to the airport and because of our complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. We do not normally make stops at the rental car places but if we have time and there are not a lot of people on the shuttle we will try and accommodate going to the rental car area.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

We needed the hotel room simply as an overnight recovery from traveling internationally. The beds and pillows were supremely comfortable and met our needs perfectly. Hot breakfast was available, as well as wifi, for free. Clean room, friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sahmofsix
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Sahmofsix,

Thank you so much for the kind words I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We strive to be one of the friendliest and cleanest hotels around and I am glad we met those expectations for you.

Thank you once again and hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

i stayed here a month but really only slept in the room . it wasnt a nice one but hotel was booked i could never get out of it.. breakfast is ok but even better is the location you are close to target and its shopping center behind hotel is shoeless joes bar .. and across street is mcdonalds. construction is a mess and traffic is horrible..

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Partyvice,

We do have a great location because we have a little bit of everything within walking distance of the hotel. We get quite a bit of people staying with us because of our location and how close we are to everything.
Construction in Chicago never seems to end and I agree 100% it is a mess and makes for horrible traffic.

Thank you once again for the kind review and hope you have a wonderful day!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Once again, this hotel is what it is. It's an Airport Holiday Inn Express.

So I wasn't expecting much, but the first night was terrible - fortunately the lovely staff sorted most of the problems out for the final two nights of my three night stay.

The big problem was on the first night. Got to the hotel late at night after a long flight from London. Shuttle from airport arrived quickly and whisked my to the hotel with no fuss. Checked in quickly and went up to my room to crash out.
Opened the door and went in and thought 'Great, a suite!'. Massive lounge room with a kitchenette etc.
And this is where it ended. Trying to find the bedroom I tried all three doors that were available to me. One was the bathroom, and the other two were locked doors leading to connecting rooms.
So I had a massive room with no bed.

Went down to reception where they told me that I had a sofa-bed. They sent up a dude to help me build my bed, and what I get was a terrible sofa-bed with a thin little mattress balanced upon a springy frame.
Tried to get a new room with a real bed but the place was full, so I had a terrible first night on this useless sofa-bed with a huge AC machine that wouldn't turn off.

The next evening I returned from work to find I had been given a new room. Proper bed this time, so only problem was the constant drone of the AC machine.

So, to sum up:

DO NOT ACCEPT ROOM 724!!!! THERE IS NO BED!!!!

Be prepared to sleep in a room with a huge AC machine that doesn't turn off.

The staff are all lovely though and did what they could.

Room Tip: don't accept room 724 and make sure you have a real bed!
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Paul S,

I am very happy to hear that my staff made sure the last two nights of your stay were great. I know it was not intentional to give you are parlor suite but yes you are correct when the airport closes down and the hotel fills up there are some cases where we have to use that parlor suite. Normally, when we do have to use that suite the bed is made up already and we let the guest know well before they ever get to the room that it was a parlor suite.

Could you please email me with your full name so I can look up your reservation to see who checked you in? I want to make sure that the person who checked you in understands that if we have to use that room that we let the guest know a head of time. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my direct line at work is 847-544-7515.

Thank you once again and hope you have a wonderful week!

Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week, here are the highlights
1. Close to the Airport, 4 miles.
2. Rooms are really big and nice.
3. Breakfast is awesome.
4. Lots of fast food joints within 2-3 miles radius.

Lowlights
1. A little far away from Chicago Downtown.
2. Gym is also not that great.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Haskjohri,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see that you like the rooms as well as our complimentary breakfast. The breakfast is the signature for all Holiday Inn Express and is a big reason guest stay with us over the competition.

I am always looking for ways to improve the hotel so I do have a question for you and hopefully you can respond back to me and give me a little insight. You stated my gym was not that great and I wanted a little more information regarding the gym. I have treadmills, bikes, elliptical, free weights, and a Smith Machine. Is there something else you would like to see in there? I am pretty sure you will not find a bigger gym in a Holiday Inn Express. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my direct line is 847-544-7515.

Again, thank you for the kind review and I look forward to hearing from you regarding my gym. Have a wonderful day!