“Good hotel near O'Hare”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
“Good hotel near O'Hare”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good place to stay near the airport. There are a few good restaurants within walking distance. They have a gym and large indoor pool. The staff is helpful. The airport shuttle is convenient. Parking is free. Breakfast is included in the room charge. The rooms are large and clean. The TV is large with HD channels. It has everything you need in an airport hotel except a bar.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Omega Explorer,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. You highlighted all our amenities and looks like you were able to take advantage of most of them. Our breakfast is one of the best around and with the addition of an Oatmeal station and turkey sausage it is now even better.

Thank you once again for the kind review and hope you have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Harrisburg, Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here again, but it was for business. I must say, since my last stay, everything has improved except for one thing. The beds are HARD AS CONCRETE! I actually think I would sleep better on concrete. As a matter of fact, just like my previous stays, I don't think I slept for more than a couple of hours. I just could not sleep. Now, if you prefer a firm firm FIRM mattress, e.g. your sleep number is 90 or 95, this is the place for you. The staff were very helpful, and friendly. There is a nice pool, but no hot tub. The lack of a hot tub is not a deal breaker, but there is a nice kiddie pool with fountains. The breakfast has improved in my opinion, however, a minor issue was she was 5-6 minutes late opening the breakfast. My watch said 6:09am, so I feel that they should work on that, but the breakfast attendant was extremely friendly. I had a few problems with the business center in that some of the computers did not work properly and a couple were slow, so I feel a computer upgrade is needed. I can't say I would want to stay here again, but only because the beds were so hard. If they got new, softer beds, or at least had rooms with some firm beds, and some softer beds, that would be awesome. Everything else about this hotel was pretty good, and I would recommend it to anybody who likes firm beds. I just have to honestly say that I could not stay here again, unless somebody was paying for it. One more thing. I was in Room 520, and the windows were terribly filthy. Not because they aren't cleaned; I'm sure they are, but the problem is that they are covered with white stuff. I think new windows need to eventually be installed. All in all, I think that the management and staff are doing great, and it has changed drastically over the past 3 years. If you stay here, you will get good service. I just wonder if you'll sleep alright.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
N717JG,

Thank you so much for the review and I am happy to see that you have seen a difference from the last time you stayed with us in 2010. We know we are not the newest hotel on the block but we pride ourselves on cleanliness and friendliness.

This is actually the first I have ever heard about our mattress being too firm. Normally, we hear that our mattress our too soft because all of the mattresses at the hotel are pillow topped. I will go up to the room you stayed in and check out the mattress.

Thank you once again for the review and I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Young lady managing the front desk, was one of the most kind and helpful hotel people we have ever met. She helped us find transportation one evening after a concert at AllState Arena, and without her, we absolutely would have been out of luck. If I could, I would give her an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10!

Room Tip: Though we did not stay here, it is near AllState, and the lobby area seemed very inviting and friend...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zville4
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Zville4,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and recognizing one of the staff members at the hotel. Esmeralda is very good at taking care of the customer and takes great pride in going the extra mile for each guest. I will be sure to commend her for her efforts and recognize her in front of her peers.

A lot of guest that are attending an event at the Allstate Arena stay with our hotel because of how close we are to it.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is the nearest to the OHare airport, so you can save minutes in a hurry. Rooms are ok, the service is good, my only complain is about the pick up shuttle, it is only every half hour, so you can be a long time waiting. Before your arrival call them to check where is the pick up area and the scheduled hours.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank brucemsn
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Brucemsn,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We pride ourselves on customer service and know that is one thing that can separate us from our competition. My shuttle is almost always on time and though we only run every half hour you can be sure that on the 15 of every hour and 45 of every hour my shuttle will be there.

Thank you once again and hope you have a wonderful week!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed overnight at this hotel. After a long day travelling it was all we needed. The standard room and facilities and the standard breakfast in the morning. The hotel provides a half hourly shuttle to and from the airport/train station into Chicago. There are two Holiday Inns close together and the shuttle for the other one was the first to arrive but the driver happily took us to our hotel after he had dropped guests at theirs. We had no trouble using the shuttle in the morning although it was very full.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adrianne K
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Adrianne K,

Thank you for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will share your feedback with the staff. We are very convenient for people flying out or coming in from O’Hare. I am happy everything met your standards and I hope in the future you can stay with us and enjoy some of our other amenities.
Thank you once again and have a wonderful rest of the week!!

Chicago
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. Nice Penthouse views for the reception. Food was good. Hotel room was OK. Wall HVAC was rusting, windows had all failed seals, cloudy. Bathroom fixtures dated and a counter clearly 6" too low. Bed was nice. Hate the small HI pillows, hope the designer got fired. Nice large flat screen, fridge and microwave. Would stay again at $99 or less if only needed an overnight room.

• Stayed March 2014
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
RonPatrick,

Thank you for the review I truly do appreciate it and will share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the wedding in the Penthouse, the staff, and our beds. We know we are not the newest hotel on the block and we do everything in our power to ensure we are one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels around.

We have been doing different types of renovations each year and since we are the second largest Holiday Inn Express in America it takes more than one year to renovate the whole hotel. Holiday Inn Express has implemented a new standard on pillows which will increase the size of all our pillows in our rooms. We have already placed the order and should have the new pillows and pillow cases in the next few weeks.

Thank you once again and I hope you will have a chance to visit us soon to see our new bigger pillows. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Apparently this Hotel was not part of the Holiday Inn refresher that recently took place. Don't get the whole thing wrong--The lobby was modern/bright and clean. The rooms were something to be desired. The furniture & fixtures looked like they were new in the 80's; they were beat up and in desperate need of replacement. The carpet looked to be just as old. Carpet was very dirty also--New socks were black on the bottom, just after a few hours in the room. Very low water pressure. Beds were old/matted down and uncomfortable. I've stayed at many HIE's, however this place again? Most likely not--They have a lot of work to do, to bring this up to the standards that HIE's are usually known for. You're better off staying at the HI that's on the other side of the street, or another chain near O'hare. Don't walk in here expecting this place to be in-line with other modern HIE's.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Favre440
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Favre440,

Thank you for the review I do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is by having guest like you letting us know. I am sorry you did not like the look of the hotel and will share your feedback with the management company. I do know that we have a lot of people who like our rooms and the look of the hotel which you can see in previous reviews guests have left. I do know there are areas we can improve on and that we are going to improve on it just takes a little time.

We do know that we are not the newest hotel but take pride on being one of the friendliest and cleanest hotels around. I appreciate your comments and hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.

Adam Miller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Best Western At O'Hare
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
#2 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Edward Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!