“Great stay for business”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Houston, Texas
“Great stay for business”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Hotel is located few minutes from o'hare airport. Nice and quite. Free parking, free breakfast and free wi fi Internet. Also, complementary shuttle available to and from airport. Pleasant customer service. You will receive nice meet and great. Recommended for overnight stay business

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amany B
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Amany B,

I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel; I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We are considered an airport property but offer so much more that business travelers can take advantage of. We have a state of the art fitness center which we get rave reviews about from almost all our guests.

Thank you once again for the kind review and hope you have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We've been given a very nice suite. I'm not normally keen on staying at HI Express as the brand differs from one country to another, however, it was certainly an excellent choice this time.

There is a hotel shuttle, we rung and confirmed our airport exit number and were promptly picked up. Upon arrival, I was impressed by an informal atmosphere and very professional check in staff. The hotel has a swimming pool and very nice suites. I would have honestly stayed at this hotel for a week or more.

All in all, this hotel, as the title of the review suggests is much much more than your usual Airport hotel.

P.S all platinum members' benefits and entitlements are honoured by the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
German L,

WOW!! Thank you for such an amazing review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am happy to see that you noticed that we are more than just an airport hotel and that we have a lot to offer up to customers coming to stay with us.

Being a Platinum member is very important to us because we know you stay at hotels more than 75 nights a year and you choose to stay at IHG Properties all over the world. I state this saying in almost all my reviews because it is the backbone we use here at the hotel; we pride ourselves on being one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels around!

Thank you once again for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Upper Arlington, Ohio
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is a nice mid-priced hotel near O'Hare. The staff is very friendly, and it has convenient parking if you drive in. The hotel itself is old, but the recent remodel of the lobby area is very nice. The breakfast area is large, as this used to be a full service hotel in a prior life.

Rooms are large, although the decor is getting somewhat dated. Overall the hotel is in good shape and well managed and represents a good value for a hotel this close to O'Hare.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
43220,

Thank you so much for the kind words we truly do appreciate it and I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We like to pride ourselves on being one of the cleanliest and friendliest hotels around. The Smart Breakfast bar is one of the signature items for all Holiday Inn Expresses and is why a lot of our guest chooses us over our competition.

We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future! Have a wonderful week.

Sierra Foothills
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My best friend and I wanted a reliable place to stay during the 2013 Chicago Marathon. Yes, staying near an airport is noisy, but with ear plugs, it wasn't that bad. Our double-queen room was spacious and clean. We utilized the hotel shuttle to the airport/train station. It was always on time. The hotel staff works diligently to
keep the check-in line moving, questions answered and breakfast dining room hosted and well-stocked.
The Holiday Inn Express met our needs for value and location. (Besides Chicago, we took a day trip to Spring Green, Wisconsin.)

Room Tip: If there are rooms that do not face airport runways, get one if you want a better night's sleep...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
JanskikP,

I am happy to see we met your needs while staying in Chicago. It is really easy to get to the train station to go downtown and I am glad to see you took advantage of that amenity we offer up. We pride ourselves on being one of the best hotels in the area regarding cleanliness and service and are happy you saw that. We do have a wonderful breakfast and my breakfast attendants do a wonderful job getting food cooked and out on the buffet like quickly and efficiently. One of the standards by all Holiday Inn Expresses is a great breakfast that customers love!

Thank you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future! Have a wonderful week.

madison
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

First off this location is very difficult to find especially when you have nearby hotels of the same brand within the Same area
Second this is a very Nice location,larger than most holiday inn expresses I've stayed in. Great fitness center free Parking WiFi is great and customer service is a A plus. I was checked in by a young lady by the name of Esmeralda who was very pleasant and very helpful.
I'll definitely return to this location.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SanchDee13,

Thank you so much for the kind and thorough review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We are the second largest Holiday Inn Express in America and a lot of guest mistake us for a full service hotel since we are so big. I am happy you enjoyed our state of the art fitness center as well as our Wi-Fi internet we have at the hotel. It is a standard for all Holiday Inn Expresses to offer up all these amenities and I am glad you were able to take advantage of them.

I will be sure to commend and recognize Esmeralda for her efforts! We work extremely hard to show customers that they are important to us and I am glad Esmeralda was able to make that lasting impression.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future! Have a wonderful week.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed at this property two weeks ago and again today, both times I was very impressed by very positive level of customer service and experience. Brittany specifically was very engaging, positive, helpful, and all around pleasant. Through work I spend a good share of time in hotels and see good customer service often, but further here and on both occasions I was very pleased to be welcomed warmly and experience what is obviously Brittany's excellent developed craft and professionalism.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
J M,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us; I truly do appreciate it! I am happy to see Brittany made your stay an enjoyable one and stood out enough for you to give her such a raving review. I can assure you she will be recognized for her efforts.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future. Have a wonderful week!

Knoxville
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The service at the hotel was great. We arrived too early and planned on leaving our bags at the desk, however they already had rooms available and we were able to check in. If you are an IHG rewards member they have a prize wheel you can spin, with prizes like free points or a free pizza.
The hotel was very clean. The rooms felt a little older, but all of the public areas that we used (pool, workout room, breakfast area) looked more updated.
The airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes. All the other hotel shuttles sit outside for a few minutes at the airport, this one never waited more than 30 seconds, so if you aren't standing outside freezing, bags in hand, waving them down they won't wait. We stood right inside the glass doors, watching him pull up, but as we walked out the driver had already left.
Overall our stay was great. we used the shuttle all weekend once we figured out their habits to get to the blue line and downtown.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
R M,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and giving us a great review! I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We try our best to get any guest in as early as possible and I am happy to see that we were able to accommodate you. We pride ourselves on being one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels around and I am glad you saw that.

Our shuttles should be waiting for a couple of minutes when coming to the bus/shuttle center and I will be sure to reiterate that with them. We have a lot of guest who stay here to do the same thing you did by using my shuttle to go to the train station to go downtown. It is very convenient and once you understand it pretty easy.

Thank you once again for the kind review and hope you have a wonderful week!