“Awful Pool and not great service!”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Just stayed here with my daughter. We picked this one mainly for it's proximity to the AllState Arena where we were going to see Selena Gomez and because it had a pool. We came early so we'd be able to swim- unfortunately the pool was freezing cold and looked murky and dirty. There wasn't a hot tub so we couldn't even do that. My daughter purchased a Gatorade out of the machine on our floor and it had expired 5 months ago. It cost $2.50 so I took it down to the receptionist. He was busy texting on his phone and wasn't responsive at all. He said, "Oh ok I'll let them know". I asked if we could get a refund and he said no, they were not affiliated with the hotel. Well excuse me, if you have the machines in your hotel then you should be refunding them. I am not able to do that, when I have to go back to Wisconsin! Other than that the room was decent and seemed to be clean and breakfast was average.

1  Thank Elaine D
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Elaine D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while attending the Selena Gomez concert at the Allstate Arena. I am sorry you didn’t like the temperature of the pool; I am not sure why it was not warm because we do have a heater for it. I am also concerned about who you spoke with regarding your Gatorade that you purchased because we refund for any machine in this hotel. Or we will exchange it for another drink in our Market Place right next to the front desk. Could you please email me your information so I can look into your reservation and see what happened? I would also like to know if you could tell me when you came down to the desk to talk about the beverage you received out of one of the vending machines? My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my direct line is 847-544-7515.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pros: convenient to airport, king suite was very spacious. Extremely large breakfast area. Responsive front desk staff and Willie the shuttle driver was great.

Cons: bathroom size was ridiculously small for a suite - with no fan. So multiple people trying to get ready in the morning proved to be challenging. No soundproofing - windows or walls. Felt like we were sleeping on the highway. And we could hear the voices of those in the room next to us even though they were speaking at a conversational level. When their clock radio alarm went off at 4 am, it took me a few minutes to realize it was not OUR radio alarm going off by mistake. And the room on the other side - their loud beeping alarm went off at 6 and continued for the next hour. Our phones weren't working so I finally went down to the lobby and mentioned it and they sent someone up to turn off the alarm (there were no occupants in the room). Couch has seen better days. A large empty space near the "bar" sink would have been perfect for a table/chairs so that there was someplace to eat in the suite.

With so many options in the area, I doubt we'd return. Which is disappointing as we've always had good experiences with HI Express in the past.

MarieB1196,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is having loyal guest like you letting us know.

I am excited to see that the service my staff provided to you was excellent and that Willie my shuttle driver stood out to you. We pride ourselves on service and know that there are things we can control and things we can’t but the one thing we can is how we treat our guests.
I do apologize about the room and the size of the bathroom; I have heard guest who love it and some guest who do not. Could you please email me and give me your information because I would like to look into what room you stayed in so I can see about the sound proofing? All our rooms are sound proofed and for the most part keep out all sounds and if you look at the previous reviews a lot of guest comment on how pleasantly surprised they were by how quite the rooms are. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my direct line is 847-544-7515. We upgraded our entire phone system and we were getting a couple rooms where the phones needed to be replaced so I do apologize about that.

Thank you once again for the review and I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful week!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for a single night after attending the muscle car show at the convention center. Grandson loved the pool, the exercise room is decently equipped, the room was clean and quiet and the breakfast was very good. Sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, bagels, etc. 1st room we got the heat didn't work, front desk quickly gave us another on the same floor and the heat worked as it should.

Only slight negative I can find is the water pressure on the 3rd floor is a bit low, but still o issues with taking a shower. Overall a nice place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dyna47,

Thank you so much for the kind and thorough review, I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. A lot of families stay here because of our pool area because we have a kiddie pool for the kids to enjoy.

Breakfast is a signature amenity for all Holiday Inn Express and I am glad you enjoyed it. I really do like the pancakes which you will not find at all Holiday Inn Expresses.

We know here at the hotel that there will be issues that arise and it is how we respond to those issues that will separate us for the competition. I am happy to see that the staff responded quickly and positively when you had an issue and resolve it right away.

Thank you once again for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Staff was very professional and friendly. Brittany waited on me and was professional and very friendly. She was a pleasure to deal with. Every time I come in she remembers my name and has a smile on her face. I have stayed here many times and will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Ccoan,

First off, let me thank you very much for being a regular at the hotel. We truly do appreciate the repeat business and know that it is people like you who keep us employed by your loyalty. I will be sure to recognize Brittany for her efforts as well as thank her for taking care of the customers that come into this hotel.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel is a very nice, but the staff did a very good job to make you feel as close to home as they could. Brittany and Esmeralda were very friendly and like joking with us . I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Randy t,

We like to pride ourselves on being one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels around and work extremely hard to ensure our customers see that. I am very happy to see that Brittany and Esmeralda help make your stay enjoyable. I will be sure to recognize them and commend them for their efforts. I hope you had a chance to enjoy our complimentary Fresh Start Breakfast; it is amazing and is a big reason customers choose the Holiday Inn Express brand over our competitors.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is an interesting example of an HIX as it is in an older building that once housed a different brand. It is the only Holiday Inn Express that I have ever stayed in that had multiple meeting rooms and a Grand Ballroom on the top floor.
Rooms are standard HIX quality with everything that you need for a comfortable stay.
If you are on the higher floors you can look out and see most of O' Hare airport and all of the comings and goings. This is kind of neat to see.
The property is also within easy walking distance of a few restaurants such as Shoeless Joes and Harry Carays steakhouse.
Dont hesitate to book if in the area.

Room Tip: choose a high floor number and an even numbered room if you want a view of the airport.

Wildcat1897,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We are the second largest Holiday Inn Express in America and because we are so big a lot of people consider us a full service hotel. I am happy to see you were able to notice some of the things in walking distance of the hotel. There is also a whole strip mall that houses Target, Subway, Chipotle, Starbucks, and a whole lot more within walking distance. The Allstate Arena is also in walking distance which is great for guest who stay at the hotel and walk over to the arena.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I recently switched my loyalty from Hilton Honors to IHG due to increased international travel and stayed here for the points. It is a very good hotel and you cannot get any closer to the airport without staying at the airport Hilton. Across the street was the runway but the building is well insulated and I was not bothered by any aircraft noise. The internet access is good with a decent speed and the hotel has a nice fitness center. The room was large and clean. Comfortable bed. I would stay here again however I have trouble recommending it since, for the same price point, you can stay at the nearby Hilton Garden which is a superior property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Duane1969,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. A lot of our guests truly do like how close we are to the airport and that the airport noise is very minimal.

I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy our complimentary breakfast we serve here at the hotel. One of the big reasons why people choose us over our competition is because we have a very nice size breakfast buffet that for the most part meets everyone’s needs.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!

Best Regards,