“Needs a little TLC but otherwise a fine choice for Ohara airport.”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Cleveland Ohio
“Needs a little TLC but otherwise a fine choice for Ohara airport.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Two big benefits are reasonable price and good proximity to Ohara airport. A clean property with spacious rooms, mostly comfortable beds and nice breakfast.
It is showing some wear and tear. Carpets, wall paper and furnishings all need some updates. That fact alone wouldn't prevent me from staying here again. Every thirty minutes they have a shuttle going to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Getsmart,

Thank you for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Since we are such a big hotel we are doing different types of improvements and upgrades all the time. We just finished putting in a top of the line internet service which customers who need the internet truly do love. There are quite a few other projects going on right now but I can assure you that the improvements that you stated will be addressed shortly.

I am glad to see you enjoyed our Express Start Breakfast bar; it is the signature item for all Holiday Inn Express and we pride ourselves on serving a great product that guest love.

Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Lobby, exercise room and pool are large.
Hotel room is good size and well laid out.
Bathroom is good size.
Beds new and great.
Only issue is that it's a bit of a challenge accessing the hotel. Persevere as it will be worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Heather P,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. A lot of customers really like our beds and I am happy to see that you enjoyed them as well.

Thank you once again for the review and have a wonderful week!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a 1nt stay and chose this property based on location as it was walking distance to the event. Excellent value for a modest rate property. All staff from courtesy airport shuttle to front desk, were excellent, courteous, professional and helpful. I arrived early and was able to get into my room. The hotel design is a bit dated but they have done a pleasant job of keeping decor pleasant and clean. I was impressed with thoughtful amenities for travelers -- coin laundry, top notch fitness equipment/gym, pool, their merchandise mart. On request microwave. They had a very large breakfast area that served an excellent free breakfast for guests. Restaurant next door which also offered room service. 15 minutes from ORD. I would recommend this property without hesitation.

Junglejody,

Thank you so much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I am very happy to see that my whole staff from top to bottom made you feel welcomed and gave you great customer service.

We have a lot of great amenities and I am happy to see that you were able to take advantage of most of them. Breakfast is very important to our guest at the hotel and we work extremely hard to ensure that the quality is top notch.

Thank you once again for the review and have a wonderful week!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We just had one night stopover at Chicago, before flying out. Therefore we chose this hotel. From the airport, the hotel provides transport. The hotel is located well. Right opposite the hotel, there is a big MacDonald restaurant and very close to the airport. The rooms were good and spacious. The breakfast was typical Holiday Inn menu. But was good. Hotel also provides transport back to the airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
SivaDubia,

I am happy you chose to stay with us during your one night stop over before flying out. I am glad the hotel met all your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully, next time you can stay a little longer with us and see all the hotel and area has to offer. We have a state of the art fitness center, lap size pool with a kiddie pool, and a game room inside the hotel. The Allstate Arena is literally walking distance to the hotel which a lot of people choose our hotel to stay and walk to the venue.

Thank you once again for your feedback I truly do appreciate it and hope you have a wonderful week!

Camano Island
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Julian helped assure that our first visit to Chicago was a special event. Our son and his wife live about 1 one mile from the hotel. but they live in a vey cramped apartment. Having the suite as our major get together spot was very comfortable. Also, you morning brunch area was a most pleasant surprise. We would definitely stay with you all again and highly recommend to others.

Bill and Kathy from Camano Island, Washington

Room Tip: If you have family that you will visit, make sure you get a suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kathy H,

I truly do appreciate the very kind review regarding the hotel and one of the staff members. Julian does a great job with our guests of the hotel and I am glad to see you recognized him. I will be sure to share your feedback with him and commend him for his efforts.

I seem to talk about the breakfast in almost every review I comment back on and it is because it is such a great spread and customers truly do enjoy it. I am happy that you enjoyed it and to let you know that all Holiday Inn Express have a similar breakfast so you can expect that anywhere you go.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We missed our flight and had to find a place to stay for a night. We believed in Holiday Inn and the offered price is reasonable. They are out of some necessary amenity items that night and there were not any convenience store around. There was only a family restaurant closed by and a McDonald across the street. However, the room wall was thin and we can hear people talking in the hall way. The breakfast was great and the service starts from 630 am.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
asdaSap,

I do apologize and understand it must be very frustrating to miss your flight. I am extremely happy to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is a brand standard throughout all Holiday Inn Express and is one of the biggest reason people choose us over the competition.

Within walking distance there is a Target, Chipotle, Subway, Panda Express, Shoeless Joes Sports Bar, and quite a few other places. I would imagine coming in later after a missed flight walking anywhere might not be something you would want to do so we have a room service menu in your room which is delivered by Shoeless Joes Sports Bar which has very good food.

Thank you once again for your feedback I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!

Conway, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Having missed my flight and being mistreated by the airline, I was pleasantly surprised at the up beat and friendly service given. The shuttle was nice and the driver was engaging. As soon as I entered the hotel I was greeted with a huge smile and an assurance that I would be taken care of by Mr. George Galloway, and I was. George's friendly demeanor and energy immediately relaxed me. I have always received great service, but he went above and beyond. The room was awesome, the hotel itself is very clean and modern. Having missed my flight with no luggage, I took advantage of the shop. If I am ever opinion need of a room by the airport , this will be my first stop. I said it 1000 times, but thank you George for turning my night around with your wonderful service!

Room Tip: Ask for George
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Shonda A,

George is a firecracker and is always in a positive mood; I can’t help but be happy around George because he is always happy. I can assure you we will recognize George for his efforts and commend him for all the hard work he does.

When I respond to the online reviews I always use the saying we here at the hotel want to be known as one of the friendliest and cleanliest hotels around and I am glad we met your expectations. Thank you once again for the kind review and I hope you have a wonderful week!