“Great Staff”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We needed a hotel near the airport because we were sending our daughter off to Germany. Had two rooms booked and our parties checked in at different times with no difficulty. Front desk staff were exceptional. Very helpful with advice and maps to take the train into town to catch up with others in our party. Used the free shuttle to go to the train and back and forth to the airport. Shuttle staff were also very helpful and fun. We need to head back to Chicago at the end of the month to pick our daughter up from the air port and plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

DawnRN66,

Thank you very much for the kind words and I will be sure to share your feedback with everyone of the hotel and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

2nd visit to this property after a number of years and despite my reservations regarding the lack of Bar / Food in the evenings - Coprate policy dictated the stay. However happy to report its as clean, comfortable and welcoming as experienced before and what is lacking - Bar etc, is more than short walking distance. One downside however was returning on a Friday evening to see the lower lobby/reception swamped with local Rosemont police as a function there had obvioulsy got out of hand..sure it happens but you don't want to see squad cars and polce dogs in full voice after returning from a night out - wouldn't do its reputation any good..but overall a good place and would return. Free Parking is a bonus givenn other establishments in close proximity charge...recommended and if I was asked if its worth staying there for a short break.

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from where the Cleaning staff locate their supplies - they like to start earl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

OverlandandseaLhr,
Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I completely agree with you that coming back to your hotel and seeing police squad cars at the hotel is not very appealing and hopefully it shows that we as well as Rosemont Police Department take the safety and security of all guests to the upmost importance. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed at this location due to a cancelled flight and I was given a voucher to a holiday inn but your property wasn't the correct one But Esmerelda and Freddie where very helpful abfo ccommodating that rthey llowed me to stay at this location using the same voucher. I'm very greatful to have met such amazing people that show concern for others in desperate situations. I will most definitely come back to this location and look for those 2.

• Stayed: July 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

jthompson27,

Thank you very much for the kind review and I will be sure to share your feedback with both Esmeralda and Freddie and also commend them for their efforts. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We arrived at ORD very late at night so we stayed at this hotel for one night. Pay attention to the shuttle driver because we didn't and ended up at the other Holiday Inn in Rosemont. Make sure your shuttle is for Holiday Inn Express in Rosemont. Because I was accidentally at the other Holiday Inn, I can tell you that this Express location is MUCH newer and cleaner.
The room was clean and spacious, totally adequate for a short stay. The bathroom was nice, but didn't have a fan. The check-in staff was courteous and we spun a wheel for a small prize. Free breakfast had muffins, yogurt, juice, coffee, eggs and sausages.
Shuttle back to the airport blue line was convenient. I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

ekswl,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!!

SIncerely,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Before staying here, I read many reviews and generally they were good. The hotel itself is great. The location is perfect (close to the airport), everything is new and clean, and the staff were the nicest people. However, my stay was FULL of problems. When I got there, the room I was given was not clean at all (beds messy, stuff on the floor). I told the main desk and was immediately given a different, cleaner room. 10 minutes after moving in, I realized the AC was leaking a lot of water and making crazy noises. I had to complain again and was forwarded to the technician who was the nicest guy and personally made sure that my THIRD new room was spotless. Turned out the bathroom lock was broken in this one, but because he had been so kind, I let it go.
Point is - I had to move into three different rooms in one night after a 14 hour drive!!! On top of all that, I was in Chicago for a wedding and was late due to these issues that shouldn't have happened in the first place.
Overall, if you're looking for a clean and affordable stay by all means choose Holiday Inn Rosemont. The breakfast was good and the customer service made up for all the anxiety. If it weren't for the technician, the manager, and the friendly cleaning staff...the whole experience would be a nightmare.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Anum A,
Thank you very much for the review and the only we can improve is by loyal guest like you letting us know. I do apologize to hear that on that first night we failed you but it is nice to see that the staff responding is such a great manner. There are going to be times when issues arise and as I tell the staff it is how we respond to those issues that will separate us for the competition. Thank you once again and have a wonderful week!!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was a guest at this hotel for just one night.But, it is a great hotel. It is so close to OHare and the expressway. It is a relatively short drive to downtown Chicago.The rooms were large and comfortable. The staff could not have been nicer. They were very helpful in providing transportation to rental car agency. I was extremely impressed with their professionalism. That alone will ensure a return visit to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

david L,

SIncerely,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our last night, and a great selection. Older but very well kept and solid hotel. Indoor pool, workout room, and free breakfast. They also have a shuttle to the airport. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is also near the car rental returns, really near! Next door is a family restaurant, Shoeless Joe Jackson Bar and Grill, and across the street is McDonald's and Harry Carrey Steakhouse.

Room Tip: The car rental return location of this hotel is a plus.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

JeffBransford,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it!! I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the staff and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonderful week!