“Fantastic Front Desk Check-In”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Honey Brook
“Fantastic Front Desk Check-In”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Brittany & Sam were fantastic making sure my stay was perfect! The weather in Chicago stranded me in the city for the evening, but with their help I was directed to great restaurants, and help with travel information for tomorrow. They are very knowledgeable with all the attractions in the area, and very articulate with their language making the information delivered accurate eliminating any problems. I wish all associates at your hotels were this perfect!

Room Tip: I have only been to this hotel one time, but my room faced the airport, and the room never experienc...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Stewart S,
Thank you very much for the feedback I will be sure to share your comments with Brittany and Sam and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We choose this hotel while visiting Chicago because the Magnificent Mile and the Loop were sold out that weekend and because we got a decent fare, including the parking and breakfast. The hotel is kind of far from downtown, but you are roughly one hour away by hotel shuttle and Blue Train. The shuttle runs every half an hour and the train every 5 minutes, and both are reliable. One side of the hotel is relatively noisy, overlooking a highway, but the air conditioning can generate some white noise (you may still need ear plugs). Aside that, there was no noise form the hotel itself. The other issue was the mattress. We had a king bed, but the mattress was reacting to every move; usually a king bed absorbs pretty well the movement – not this one. The breakfast is fairly good (instant omelet, sausages, Philadelphia cheese and healthier options). The hotel experienced a power outage during a storm, but managed very well the situation. In the morning, they brought coffee from Dunkin donuts and fresh orange juice. Everything else was under control on generators.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa815,
Thank you very much for the review we truly do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is if customers like you let us know. Could you please email me or contact me via phone so I can find your reservation and figure out which room you stayed in so I could replace that bed? My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
I appreciate you understanding the situation with the power outage it truly was a stressful time for everyone and we did everything in our power to try and make best with the situation at hand. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was once the place to stay at O'Hare, It is now a HI Express, it was OK, if you cant get into any other hotel chain like Marriott or Hilton I couldn't, it works. Parking can be a conundrum at times, it was raining and I had to pull across the way and walk back in the pouring rain. No valet parking that I saw. What was interesting is they have a spinning wheel at reception and you spin to see what bonus points you get. I it 5K extra points , not bad. Overall the room was fine and quiet, if you need a place do it here!

Room Tip: nothing to say here
1 Thank Jon U
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Jon U,

Thank you for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Because we do not have valet parking we offer up umbrellas for use for customers so they do not have to walk in the rain. I will see what I can do to ensure customers know about this service.

Again, thank you for the kind review and I look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My friend booked this hotel weeks in advance for a room with two double beds as we are traveling a two couples. Upon arrival at the hotel the front desk person tells us that they are completely booked but have upgraded us to a suite with a king bed and a pull out sofa. He then offered to bring us a roll away twin. Frustrated, we accepted because it was two in the morning and we were exhausted. When we entered the room there was NO BED! It was a conference room with a pull out small couch. We then called the front desk to reuse the room and find another hotel. He then tells us that he does have another room with a king bed and they will bring a twin roll away bed. Needless to say we were all very tired and upset and just over it! We moved to this room, mind you he told us earlier they were full. Just as icing on the cake, they did not have an extra pillow for us to sleep on the roll away. Very comfortable night sleep for the two of us on a single roll away. 225 price tag for this horrible experience!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Smkymtngirl
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Smkymtgirl,
Thank you so much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! I apologize for the inconvenience you had with checking into a Parlor Suite. I actually have no idea who you are since I cannot see any information through trip advisor so it is hard for me to follow up and see what happened here at the hotel. Could you please email me or call me with your information so I can look into what happened and try to make it right for you? My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515. I look forward to hearing from you and hope you have a wonderful week!!
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

In my travels, I've stayed at many HI Express hotels but this one could use some updates. The reception was friendly as was the shuttle bus driver, but the rooms could use some help. The air conditioning unit was loud and had a bad smell - like the room used to be a smoking room and they never cleaned the unit. The bed was comfortable enough and the carpet was fine - the bathroom definitely needs some help in terms of cleanliness and just general updating. The breakfast at the hotel was good (same as other HI Express hotels) and I did appreciate the added convenience of the little store next to the reception when I needed some Advil!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Carmenzoe,
Thank you so much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! We are actually in the processes of replacing some of our older AC units as well as updating some of the bathrooms so if you can email me back with your information so I can ensure we replace that unit and look into the bathroom I would appreciate it. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Traveling on buisiness this time with 2 colleagues. Check-in was efficient. Overall appearance was clean and well kept. Room was typical, but had plenty of space. Amenities were good. Bed was large enough and comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well lit. The only issue I had was room temperature. It was too hot, then after running the A/C, it was too cold. Even with the A/C on 'auto' the room was either too hot ro too cold. Very hard to get a good night's sleep with fluctuating room temperatures. I also tried different clothing (including none) and varying the amount of bed sheets/blankets. Breakfast the following morning was another typical hotel continental breakfast. Coffee was just okay. It would have been nice to have a dark, french roast available. The good news was that the bananas were just right, not too green and not ready for banana bread.

If they can fix the room temperature issue, they would get a solid 4 stars.

Room Tip: You are close to the airport nad on amajor road. Don't expect it to be quiet.
1 Thank Barisarius
Barisarius,
Thank you so much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! We are actually in the processes of replacing some of our older AC units and if you can email me back with your information so I can ensure we replace that unit I would appreciate it. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515. I am glad to hear that outside of the AC unit that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Have a wonderful week!
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really liked the rooms of this hotel due to the fact that it is quite spacious, very comfortable bed a huge lcd, the bathroom is good enough and the huge windows that allow lots of natural light to enter the room and depending on where your room is you might be able to enjoy a nice view of the area outside but my only problem is that i find the staff extremely unprofessional and unhelpful and of all of the times i entered this hotel i never saw a any bell boy outside although they have many bagage carts that are lying around. Other than that they do not offer their own room service menu but the good thing is that the area is blessed with many good restaraunts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Amoudi,
Thank you very much for the review I truly do appreciate it and know the only way the hotel can improve is by having loyal guest like you letting us know. I am glad you like the property and I am sorry to hear that you thought our service was lacking. If you read the past reviews service is the strongest part of this hotel and the staff normally takes great pride in providing amazing service. Is there a way you can email me or call me and let me know how we were lacking so I can do the necessary training with my staff? My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Adam Miller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Best Western At O'Hare
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
#2 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Edward Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!