“Not the best HIExpress but okay...”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Kelowna, Canada
“Not the best HIExpress but okay...”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

In my travels, I've stayed at many HI Express hotels but this one could use some updates. The reception was friendly as was the shuttle bus driver, but the rooms could use some help. The air conditioning unit was loud and had a bad smell - like the room used to be a smoking room and they never cleaned the unit. The bed was comfortable enough and the carpet was fine - the bathroom definitely needs some help in terms of cleanliness and just general updating. The breakfast at the hotel was good (same as other HI Express hotels) and I did appreciate the added convenience of the little store next to the reception when I needed some Advil!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Carmenzoe,
Thank you so much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! We are actually in the processes of replacing some of our older AC units as well as updating some of the bathrooms so if you can email me back with your information so I can ensure we replace that unit and look into the bathroom I would appreciate it. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.
Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Traveling on buisiness this time with 2 colleagues. Check-in was efficient. Overall appearance was clean and well kept. Room was typical, but had plenty of space. Amenities were good. Bed was large enough and comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well lit. The only issue I had was room temperature. It was too hot, then after running the A/C, it was too cold. Even with the A/C on 'auto' the room was either too hot ro too cold. Very hard to get a good night's sleep with fluctuating room temperatures. I also tried different clothing (including none) and varying the amount of bed sheets/blankets. Breakfast the following morning was another typical hotel continental breakfast. Coffee was just okay. It would have been nice to have a dark, french roast available. The good news was that the bananas were just right, not too green and not ready for banana bread.

If they can fix the room temperature issue, they would get a solid 4 stars.

Room Tip: You are close to the airport nad on amajor road. Don't expect it to be quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Barisarius
Barisarius,
Thank you so much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! We are actually in the processes of replacing some of our older AC units and if you can email me back with your information so I can ensure we replace that unit I would appreciate it. My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515. I am glad to hear that outside of the AC unit that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Have a wonderful week!
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I really liked the rooms of this hotel due to the fact that it is quite spacious, very comfortable bed a huge lcd, the bathroom is good enough and the huge windows that allow lots of natural light to enter the room and depending on where your room is you might be able to enjoy a nice view of the area outside but my only problem is that i find the staff extremely unprofessional and unhelpful and of all of the times i entered this hotel i never saw a any bell boy outside although they have many bagage carts that are lying around. Other than that they do not offer their own room service menu but the good thing is that the area is blessed with many good restaraunts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Amoudi,
Thank you very much for the review I truly do appreciate it and know the only way the hotel can improve is by having loyal guest like you letting us know. I am glad you like the property and I am sorry to hear that you thought our service was lacking. If you read the past reviews service is the strongest part of this hotel and the staff normally takes great pride in providing amazing service. Is there a way you can email me or call me and let me know how we were lacking so I can do the necessary training with my staff? My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Upland, IN
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We LOVE staying in HiExpress hotels. They have high standards that are consistant no matter where you stay. The O'Hare hotel is one of the biggest HiExpress hotels I've stayed in. Always a great bed and shower. Loved the big flat screen TV's, the pool and workout area. This hotel has a very large breakfast area that feels so comfortable. Food was great. The staff were nice and accommodating. The free shutle service was super, runs from 4 am to midnight! This hotel had everything I needed to relax and get around the O'Hare airport. I will definately stay here the next time I travel through Chicago.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
RehabGuy,

Thank you so much for the great review I truly do appreciate it!! I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff and commend them for their efforts. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express-Rosemont before an early-morning transatlantic flight, in order to be close to O'Hare but not have to spend a wad of cash. The room decor was cookie-cutter budget motel, but the room and bed were comfortable. We had a great meal in the adjoining Harry Caray's Restaurant. The front-desk service was friendly and professional. There's a little alcove near the desk with coffee, soft drinks and some food items for sale. Given the low price we paid, and the free shuttle to and from the airport, it was a great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Paul M,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!

Palmer Lake, Colorado
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Given that we only used the room to change clothes, shower and a short sleep for one night it was what we needed. Very basic but clean and comfortable. We didn't know that it was so far from the Loop or the Lake which we spent the majority of out time at, and that the cab ride was going to be so much. We couldn't take the L which was near by because our time was limited. It had a nice workout room and pool, which we didn't get to use. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice, despite being by himself when 3 parties checked in all at once. I'd stay here again if an early getaway was important from O'Hare. The shuttle driver was also very helpful when we asked about transportation to the Loop.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hallway so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
ReidArnold,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and I will be sure to share you feedback with the staff. Hopefully, next time you are in the area you will be able to stay a little longer with us and enjoy some of the amenities. Have a wonderful week!

Minneapolis
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great place to stay and have meetings. Room was nice - great beds and linens. Food the hotel catered for our event was excellent - gourmet, above and beyond my expectations. Every staff person I interacted with was unusually helpful, gracious and positive. Right down to the electrician who changed a lightbulb in our room.Wireless worked for me throughout the hotel - in our meeting rooms and in the hotel room which is not always the case with hotels when I travel! The ballroom where we held our meetings was lovely. I hope I have occasion to return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EliasandTheGute,

Thank you very much for the kind words I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Best Western At O'Hare
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
#2 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Edward Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!