“Good value for an overnight near O'Hare” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare

Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Los Angeles, California
“Good value for an overnight near O'Hare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express-Rosemont before an early-morning transatlantic flight, in order to be close to O'Hare but not have to spend a wad of cash. The room decor was cookie-cutter budget motel, but the room and bed were comfortable. We had a great meal in the adjoining Harry Caray's Restaurant. The front-desk service was friendly and professional. There's a little alcove near the desk with coffee, soft drinks and some food items for sale. Given the low price we paid, and the free shuttle to and from the airport, it was a great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Adam M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Paul M,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Korean first
Palmer Lake, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Given that we only used the room to change clothes, shower and a short sleep for one night it was what we needed. Very basic but clean and comfortable. We didn't know that it was so far from the Loop or the Lake which we spent the majority of out time at, and that the cab ride was going to be so much. We couldn't take the L which was near by because our time was limited. It had a nice workout room and pool, which we didn't get to use. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice, despite being by himself when 3 parties checked in all at once. I'd stay here again if an early getaway was important from O'Hare. The shuttle driver was also very helpful when we asked about transportation to the Loop.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the hallway so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
ReidArnold,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and I will be sure to share you feedback with the staff. Hopefully, next time you are in the area you will be able to stay a little longer with us and enjoy some of the amenities. Have a wonderful week!

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a great place to stay and have meetings. Room was nice - great beds and linens. Food the hotel catered for our event was excellent - gourmet, above and beyond my expectations. Every staff person I interacted with was unusually helpful, gracious and positive. Right down to the electrician who changed a lightbulb in our room.Wireless worked for me throughout the hotel - in our meeting rooms and in the hotel room which is not always the case with hotels when I travel! The ballroom where we held our meetings was lovely. I hope I have occasion to return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EliasandTheGute,

Thank you very much for the kind words I truly do appreciate it and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Big issue with Internet connectivity, even at computers in the business center, super slow. Hotel blames provider but I do not believe it. Gym equipment old and outdated. If you can leave without those two rooms are average and so is location.

Stayed April 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hernan M,

Thank you so much for the review I truly do appreciate it and know the only way we can improve is by having customers like you let us know. I do apologize about the internet and completely understand your frustrations. We are in the process of upgrading our internet line coming into the hotel which will increase the speed immensely.

I know the equipment is only a couple years old in the fitness center but I will be more than happy to try and look and see what I can do to upgrade some of the machines. Was there a certain machine that you used that you thought was older then the rest? My email is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful week!!

Watertown, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We arrived to find out that our reservation was mistakenly made for one week later than our arrival date. Esmeralda pointed out that the hotel was mostly full but found us rooms anyway. The rest of the staff were great also. The "wheel of fortune" at the front desk is a fun touch. I would stay here again the next time I'm in the area. Being near O'Hare airport there is a lot of noise from the planes coming and going but that's what you pretty much expect since this hotel is only about five minutes away.

Room Tip: If you want quiet rooms better ask the desk clerk for their recommendations.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
SunriseRummage,

I am happy to see that Esmeralda went above and beyond for you to ensure you were taking care of. I am glad you liked the “Spin the Wheel” game it is just another way to recognize you as a Priority Club member and say thank you for staying with us. If there is anything I can do for you regarding my hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was easy to get to, close to the Chicago O'Hare airport. It also had a small convenience room with water, soda, wine, chips, food, candies, etc for purchase. The hotel staff was accommodating and efficient. The room was spacious and clean. Free internet. Free breakfast. Great rate. Why pay more when traveling on business? Beds are also comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bluedogNebraska,

It is truly nice to see that we exceeded your expectations and that you posted a review letting others know. My staff works hard here to please all customers with our service and cleanliness and I know it is nice for them to be able to see that there hard work is paying off. Thank you once again and if there is anything I can ever do for you regarding my hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night, on my way from London to Seattle.

+'s:
Relatively clean and tidy rooms.
Good size rooms
Free wifi at reasonable speeds (~ 2Mbps)
Free airport Shuttle

-'s:
Breakfast was VERY disappointing...No hot food available, not even pancakes!

The hotel-operated airport shuttle is complementary...Although it was NEVER on time, it is very useful as we took it back and forth to the metro station at the airport.
The shuttle services to/ from the airport twice an hour; but If you need to catch a flight at a certain time, double check the shuttle's departure time with the reception, as I found the shuttle was 56 minutes late on the second afternoon I was there.

Room Tip: request rooms facing the airport, as you get an airport view (albeit distant!), but at least those r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Man_MJ,

Thank you very much for the review I truly do appreciate it and know the only way the hotel will improve is by having loyal guest like you letting us know. Is there a chance you can email me your information so I can look into your reservation? My email address is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.

I do apologize about your breakfast experience and I am not sure why you didn’t see the hot food we had out or the pancake machine. We serve biscuits and gravy along with eggs and sausage or bacon every day.

Once I get your information I will be able to look into the concerns you mentioned. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Adam Miller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago O'Hare Rosemont
Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare? Share your experiences!