WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare

Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Watertown, South Dakota
“Wonderful staff, accommodating and helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We arrived to find out that our reservation was mistakenly made for one week later than our arrival date. Esmeralda pointed out that the hotel was mostly full but found us rooms anyway. The rest of the staff were great also. The "wheel of fortune" at the front desk is a fun touch. I would stay here again the next time I'm in the area. Being near O'Hare airport there is a lot of noise from the planes coming and going but that's what you pretty much expect since this hotel is only about five minutes away.

Room Tip: If you want quiet rooms better ask the desk clerk for their recommendations.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
SunriseRummage,

I am happy to see that Esmeralda went above and beyond for you to ensure you were taking care of. I am glad you liked the “Spin the Wheel” game it is just another way to recognize you as a Priority Club member and say thank you for staying with us. If there is anything I can do for you regarding my hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was easy to get to, close to the Chicago O'Hare airport. It also had a small convenience room with water, soda, wine, chips, food, candies, etc for purchase. The hotel staff was accommodating and efficient. The room was spacious and clean. Free internet. Free breakfast. Great rate. Why pay more when traveling on business? Beds are also comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bluedogNebraska,

It is truly nice to see that we exceeded your expectations and that you posted a review letting others know. My staff works hard here to please all customers with our service and cleanliness and I know it is nice for them to be able to see that there hard work is paying off. Thank you once again and if there is anything I can ever do for you regarding my hotel please do not hesitate to let me know. Have a wonderful weekend!!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night, on my way from London to Seattle.

+'s:
Relatively clean and tidy rooms.
Good size rooms
Free wifi at reasonable speeds (~ 2Mbps)
Free airport Shuttle

-'s:
Breakfast was VERY disappointing...No hot food available, not even pancakes!

The hotel-operated airport shuttle is complementary...Although it was NEVER on time, it is very useful as we took it back and forth to the metro station at the airport.
The shuttle services to/ from the airport twice an hour; but If you need to catch a flight at a certain time, double check the shuttle's departure time with the reception, as I found the shuttle was 56 minutes late on the second afternoon I was there.

Room Tip: request rooms facing the airport, as you get an airport view (albeit distant!), but at least those r...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Man_MJ,

Thank you very much for the review I truly do appreciate it and know the only way the hotel will improve is by having loyal guest like you letting us know. Is there a chance you can email me your information so I can look into your reservation? My email address is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515.

I do apologize about your breakfast experience and I am not sure why you didn’t see the hot food we had out or the pancake machine. We serve biscuits and gravy along with eggs and sausage or bacon every day.

Once I get your information I will be able to look into the concerns you mentioned. Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was amazed and grateful for the consideration and thoughtfulness provided by Magda, a manager at this hotel who handled an unforseen circumstance for us. Truly, one of the most caring and cheerful hotel management personel I have ever met! Thanks so much Magda... you're a doll!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jan s,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it and will be sure Magda gets noticed for her efforts. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

A little tricky finding it but it is so convenient to Rosemont that it makes up for any short comings. The rooms are a good size and love having a fridge in the room. Lots of space for breakfast. I do wish they would give you 4 sets of towels when you have 2 beds.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Susan T,

Thank you very much for the kind review I truly do appreciate it! I am glad the hotel was able to meet your expectations and look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Please do nto hesitate to let me know if I can every do anything for you regarding my hotel. Have a wonderful week!

Rio Grande City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

it was a pleasure my staying, my kids loved the pool time
i had surgery the same day of my check in so I used the hotel like my recovery.
Esmeralda and Brittany at the front desk were the best, very nice and profesional.
But the best expirence was getting stuck in the elevator but front desk service took care of us in less then 5 minutes once again thank you Esmearlda you rock. We enjoyed the breakfast everything very warm and clean.
ps. best hotel ever

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Gerardop110,

Thank you so much for the rave review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with Brittany and Esmeralda and commend them for doing a wonderful job. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Have a great week!

Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

What a pleasure to arrive late afternoon after a busy conference week in Chicago and be greated as warmly as I was treated at the five-star Park Hyatt. I had an early flight the next morning and wanted to be close to O'Hare, so picked Holiday Inn Express. Cecelia at the front desk could not have been nicer. They had a little "Wheel of Fortune" game where you could win little prizes and for me, the wheel stopped on "Rock Paper Scissors". I played the silly game with Cecelia and won a $4 credit at the little marketplace in the lobby. The entire staff was awesome during my stay. The room was fine, the TV worked and I enjoyed the breakfast the next morning before hopping on the complimentary shuttle to O'Hare. Fantastic value for the room rate. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Shannon I,

Thank you very much for the great review we truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share you feedback with Cecilia and the rest of the staff as well as commend her for her efforts. Customer service is our number one focus and I am glad you experienced it and shared for others to see. Have a wonderful week!