“Great Energy, Great Value”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Mission Viejo, California
“Great Energy, Great Value”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

What a pleasure to arrive late afternoon after a busy conference week in Chicago and be greated as warmly as I was treated at the five-star Park Hyatt. I had an early flight the next morning and wanted to be close to O'Hare, so picked Holiday Inn Express. Cecelia at the front desk could not have been nicer. They had a little "Wheel of Fortune" game where you could win little prizes and for me, the wheel stopped on "Rock Paper Scissors". I played the silly game with Cecelia and won a $4 credit at the little marketplace in the lobby. The entire staff was awesome during my stay. The room was fine, the TV worked and I enjoyed the breakfast the next morning before hopping on the complimentary shuttle to O'Hare. Fantastic value for the room rate. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Shannon I,

Thank you very much for the great review we truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share you feedback with Cecilia and the rest of the staff as well as commend her for her efforts. Customer service is our number one focus and I am glad you experienced it and shared for others to see. Have a wonderful week!

Adam Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Berywn, IL
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had stayed there with my boyfriend for a trip we had been on. The location was not terrible but I guess I was expecting more. The location was not bad either. But on the upside, they did have a pool which was nice and clean (as I have been to some that were terrible), they also had free breakfast which most hotels do not have and I thought was great to have. I also have to say that the staff was good, there was one employee that I would have to say was above the rest. Esmeralda had a smile on her face was very pleasant to deal with and understanding. Any questions or concerns that we may have had were quickly and pleasantly taken care of. As the gentleman that was working besides her (I believe his name was Rex) was not as knowledgeable and capable as she was. The staff in the morning when we checked out was not what I expected either as I would have thought that they would have been more lively. But all and all it was a good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Kelly H,

Thank you very much for filling out a review I truly do appreciate it. It is nice to see when customers point out staff members that really stood out while they stayed at the hotel. I will be sure to recognize Esmeralda for her efforts and ensure she reads the review you wrote.

Is there a chance you can email me with the name on your reservation because I can not see who you are and would like to ensure I do the necessary training with my staff to ensure everyone emulates Esmeralda’s efforts? My email address is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7515. Thank you once again and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The stay was excellent. Had a long layover 14+ hours in Chicago and needed a hotel. It was a great experience: the beds were comfortable and the desk workers pleasant and willing to meet my needs. I never felt uncomfortable there. To note: if you are lucky enough to check in when Brittany and Esmeralda are at the desk, you will be greeted with two beautiful women who are genuinely happy and willing to be helpful. I will only stay here when I am in Chicago as a result, and wish that I could sing such praises of hotels in other cities I have stayed in. You could ask for no better for the price.

• Stayed March 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Ajlblaylock,

Having a layover in any city for any amount of time is always tough and I am happy to see that we exceeded your expectation. I especially appreciate you recognizing Esmeralda and Brittany for their efforts. I will be sure to share your feedback with them and the rest of the staff. Thank you once again for the comments and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Have a wonderful week!

Wichita
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights on a girls get-away trip over spring break in March. I don't know that I have ever been treated so kind in a hotel before. Jordan let us check in early and we were able to enjoy breakfast as well on our first day. Our room was spotless and quite large. Our room had a desk, easy chair, mircrowave, refrigerator and HUGE TV. The breakfast buffet was good with a wide variety of items. We did have a few problems with the hotel shuttle from O'Hare to the hotel, but Jordan at the front desk went above and beyond to correct the problem. The beds were comfortable and offered 2 types of pillows. The entire hotel staff was friendly. We had to take the hotel shuttle to the airport to catch the train to downtown Chicago. It was about an hour commute, but worth it for having such a nice place to stay. We would stay there again!!!!

Room Tip: The hotel shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour and half hour. It picks up at O'Hare 15 minutes...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lhill3514
lhill3514,

Thank you so much for the kind review and the praises of Jordan. I know the staff works hard to ensure customers are satisfied and it is nice for them to be able to see that their hard work is paying off. I will be sure to share your review with Jordan and the rest of the staff. Thank you once again and have a wonderful rest of the week.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My experience at holiday inn express in Rosemont, illinois was very good. Very friendly staff. Especially the front desk. Very organized and helpful! If I ever come back to this area I willl definatly stay at the holiday inn. Great stay!

• Stayed April 2012
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Eferrante22,

Thank you very much for the review we truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. Have a wonderful week!!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great hotel great staff and great choice. I come to this hotel atleast once a month when I'm in Chicago. And I have to say that it doesn't compare to any other locations. I always check in, in the evening and Esmeralda is always the one to check me in she always gives 100% guest satisfaction customer service. I'm always given my platinum upgrade and complimentary bottle of water and my 545am wake up call. This location has improved a lot and that's Why I'll always keep coming back.

• Stayed February 2013
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
MrGeiger,

WOW!!!!! Thank you so much for the great review I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your feedback with Esmeralda and will make sure she is recognized for her efforts. We look forward to seeing you in the near future; have a wonderful day!!

Ostrander, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Best time ever at a hotel! Because the staff was so customer service oriented. Especially Brittany, she was super! The breakfast was good and quick to get us all out the door on time. We really enjoyed our stay. Looking forward to next time.

Room Tip: Away from the airport.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kevin B,

Thank you so much for recognizing one of the staff members at the hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with her along and the rest of the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Have a wonderful rest of the week!