“The best of this hotel is the Staff!”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed October 22, 2012

About the building and amenities:
It look like new when you get inside but when you arrive to your room you realize it is not. We were on second floor so we had not listen the noise that the party that was happening in the top floor of the hotel was making. Neither the noise of the freeway.... The room had no micro and no mini fridge. Was clean , but the curtains were gray!! no white, so need urgently cleaning. The Gym was great ! very complete and with a lot of space. We did not use the pool but it look ok.
The breakfast area was huge! and all the time the people of the hotel was filling the food area, it was clean.
Shuttle service was excellent! I don´t remember the name of the driver, and I don´t want to sound racist but he was a tall skiny africanamerican man... he was so polite, so gentle, so helpful.

In front desk Jordan was son nice and helpful, always smiling and in great mod. Definitely the best of the hotel are the people working on it.
The rooms need to be renovated.
Short drive to the airport

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in floors 1-3 to avoid noise from the events and parties on the top floor of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Alnl99,

Thank you very much for the feedback I truly do appreciate it! We do not have microfridges in all our rooms but if requested we can bring one to your room at no charge. I will ensure our front desk does a better job of communicating that to our guests. The sheers are gray and are older but we just placed and order to replace all the sheers in the hotel which should be installed in a matter of weeks. We are making improvements each year to our rooms and hopefully next time you come you will see some of the differences.

I will be sure to share your positive comments about Willy our shuttle driver and Jordan the front desk agent. I know they work extremely hard and like to hear the positive comments guest leave about them. Thank you once again for the feedback!!

There are newer reviews for Edward Hotel Chicago

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hotel was mostly updated as you expect from other Holiday Inn Express locations. The bed was great and I slept soundly - which is the most important thing for me when I'm traveling. The hotel isn't quite as new as some of the other Holiday Inn Express locations I've stayed, but it was pretty good. My main complaint is that the bathroom didn't have a ventilation fan - a problem with many older hotels. Other than that I thought it was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Erich P,

Thank you very much for the kind words I will be sure to pass your comments along to the staff. Have a wonderful day!!!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I must admit that I was getting quite concerned after reading all the reviews but my experience was quite acceptable. After a long transatlantic flight I wanted to stay near ORD before flying out next morning and the location was perfect.
International travellers please note that the hotel shuttle does not come to terminal 5 routinely. I sent couple of e-mails to the hotel to find out the pick up arrangements but never received any reply. Contacted Expedia who contacted the hotel and confirmed that I had to go to 5 E and ring the hotel to arrange a pick up. There are some payphones as soon as you come out after baggage collection. I used my mobile to make a quick call, went through couple of options and shuttle arrived within 10 minutes.
It would be nice if the hotel shows some interest in responding to e-mail queries from future guests.

Now this is a HI express and not Ritz so one has to be realistic about the level of service. I was surprised when I asked for a bellhop and was told there were no bellboys and we would have to put the bags on a luggage cart ourselves and take it up. Now some people may find that odd but it was perfectly acceptable to us and it was not a very long and tortuous journey to our room. There was hardly a queue at 4 PM Saturday for check in.

There were 4 of us ( kids 12 & 7) and I was glad that we could all fit into one room. It's getting more and more difficult to find family rooms accommodating 4 without paying extra nowadays. The room was of decent size with nothing fancy but everything working well. A/C slightly loud but not too bad and quite efficient.

I have heard about those dreaded wedding parties but we did face any problems with rowdy guests or noise. Perhaps it was wedding free weekend. After a visit to the Millennium Park and a dinner with a friend we all slept like babies. The black out curtain and firm beds certainly helped.
The breakfast is standard HIE affair. The quality of food was not something to drool over but there were decent options, both veg & non-veg and the food was acceptable. We were there @ 8 am and it was not crowded although I saw it getting much busier by the time we left.
Machine made pancakes and bagels were a bit disappointing. May be just us, as we are not great fans of pancakes & bagels. I wished there were a better selection of breads, something continental would have been nice.
The wifi was working but slow in my room. They have 2 dedicated computers in the lobby where you can check in and print out the boarding passes very easily.
The shuttle back to ORD was a medium size van. There were not many too board at 10 Am but I can see that this may be a problem in busy times with many waiting to board at the same time. A cab should cost you about $12.
You don't get Priority Club points if booked through third party.
I had limited interaction with the staff. They were professional if not overtly welcoming. Again not an issue with me. The shuttle driver was certainly a friendly and helpful guy and did not even linger around for a tip. What a change !!

So perhaps not a mind blowing experience but overall a good value for money and I won't hesitate to come back again for a one night stopover when flying through ORD.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Supratik,

Thank you very much for your review! I think your review is very fair and appreciate the honesty regarding the hotel. I did have one question regarding the email you sent to the hotel; what email address did you send email too? As you see I respond to every Tripadvisor review and can promise you I respond to every email I receive from customers, so it is very disappointing to hear that you never received and email back regarding the shuttle. We also have a much bigger shuttle that we use but at slower times during the day we will use the smaller shuttle.

My email address is amiller@hieohare.com and my phone number is 847-544-7500 ext. 7515. Once again thank you very much for the review and if you need anything please do not hesitate to let me know! Have a wonderful day and rest of the week!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed here before a flight from O'Hare. I've stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels in Europe and expected a lot more. The hotel was a bit cheaper than the InterContinental, but I should have paid the extra! The receptionist was very friendly, but once we got to our room we realised it was poor. It smelled if smoke, there was stains on one of the pillows, and the bathroom wasn't as clean as it should have been! The hotel shop also had no water for sale which was annoying.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere, unless it's really cheap!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

JohnRizzo2000,

Thank you very much for your feedback for the only way we can improve is by guest like you letting us know. We are a smoke free hotel and have every guest at check in initial that they understand that. With that being said it is extremely hard to stop people from smoking in the rooms and when we do smell smoke we run an ozone machine to eliminate the odor. I apologize that you still had the smell of smoke and in the future if you ever come across that we can always move you rooms and then do our best to make it right for you.

Regarding the cleanliness of your room; could you please contact me via email or phone and let me know when you stayed? I can not find you in my system and I would like to talk with the housekeeper that cleaned your room and give them some additional training. My email address is amiller@hieohare.com or you can reach me via phone at 847-544-7500 ext 7515.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is good for overnight stay.We stayed here for a night with the children and left to catch our flight next morning and the hotel was good for this purpose. The room was not great but was ok. Breakfast was not lavish but fulfilled the purpose. Yes, the hotel staff is really helpful.Overall a good option near the O'Hare airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

PritiLucknow_India_,

Thank you very much for the feedback; I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you if not have a wonderful rest of your week!!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

very poor people skills.to the front desk to the shuttle services. i loved people so i loved to talk and get people to laugh and smile with these people i felt like i was the employee and they were am unhappy guess. i couldnt get them to smile if there life depended on it. i guess what i am trying to say i felt like i was very unwelcome. i will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank judy c
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Judy c,

Thank you very much for the comments regarding my hotel. You stayed at my hotel in March of this year and since I have only been here a couple of months I can not comment on what happened before but apologize that you had a bad experience at this hotel. I can tell you the staff is working extremely hard on customer service and I am confident to say that if you walked into my hotel today 7 months later after you stayed, you would see the difference.

Thank you once again for the comments!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I came into Chicago for a relaxing trip, and now I am going home more tired than when I arrived. Friday and Saturday nights there were wedding receptions taking place. The walls were extremely thin and our room was vibrating. Our room was located directly below the event space, so after the reception we got to listen to tables being moved and chairs stacked until 2am. There were other guests slamming doors, screaming, and banging walls on our floor as well. I called the front desk and they were less than helpful/sympathetic. They acted like this was a common occurance/complaint and that I just needed to deal with it. Not a value for 150 dollars per night. I basically paid to get no sleep!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Happymom80
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Happymom80,

Thank you very much for the feedback I really do appreciate it! I apologize about the inconvenience with the noise from the wedding. We were completely sold out and tried our best to only block the wedding parties under the ballroom and unfortunately you were blocked there as well. We dropped the ball when it came to making it right for you so if you could please contact me I would like to make it right for you. Since you posted this on Tripadvisor I can not see your information so if you can contact me to get me your information that would be great. My email is amiller@hieohare.com or you can reach me via phone at 847-544-7500 ext. 7515.

Again, I apologize about the noise from the wedding and appreciate the feedback. Have a wonderful rest of the week!