“Good for overnight stay.”

Edward Hotel Chicago
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is good for overnight stay.We stayed here for a night with the children and left to catch our flight next morning and the hotel was good for this purpose. The room was not great but was ok. Breakfast was not lavish but fulfilled the purpose. Yes, the hotel staff is really helpful.Overall a good option near the O'Hare airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

PritiLucknow_India_,

Thank you very much for the feedback; I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you if not have a wonderful rest of your week!!

There are newer reviews for Edward Hotel Chicago

Reviewed October 6, 2012

very poor people skills.to the front desk to the shuttle services. i loved people so i loved to talk and get people to laugh and smile with these people i felt like i was the employee and they were am unhappy guess. i couldnt get them to smile if there life depended on it. i guess what i am trying to say i felt like i was very unwelcome. i will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank judy c
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Judy c,

Thank you very much for the comments regarding my hotel. You stayed at my hotel in March of this year and since I have only been here a couple of months I can not comment on what happened before but apologize that you had a bad experience at this hotel. I can tell you the staff is working extremely hard on customer service and I am confident to say that if you walked into my hotel today 7 months later after you stayed, you would see the difference.

Thank you once again for the comments!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I came into Chicago for a relaxing trip, and now I am going home more tired than when I arrived. Friday and Saturday nights there were wedding receptions taking place. The walls were extremely thin and our room was vibrating. Our room was located directly below the event space, so after the reception we got to listen to tables being moved and chairs stacked until 2am. There were other guests slamming doors, screaming, and banging walls on our floor as well. I called the front desk and they were less than helpful/sympathetic. They acted like this was a common occurance/complaint and that I just needed to deal with it. Not a value for 150 dollars per night. I basically paid to get no sleep!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Happymom80
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Happymom80,

Thank you very much for the feedback I really do appreciate it! I apologize about the inconvenience with the noise from the wedding. We were completely sold out and tried our best to only block the wedding parties under the ballroom and unfortunately you were blocked there as well. We dropped the ball when it came to making it right for you so if you could please contact me I would like to make it right for you. Since you posted this on Tripadvisor I can not see your information so if you can contact me to get me your information that would be great. My email is amiller@hieohare.com or you can reach me via phone at 847-544-7500 ext. 7515.

Again, I apologize about the noise from the wedding and appreciate the feedback. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our experience at this Holiday Inn Express left a bad thought in mind for future Holiday Inn Express bookings. We ALWAYS stay at a Holiday Inn Express when we travel and this site in Chicago was a bad experience for us.1st, off the hotel was having not 1 but 2 wedding receptions on the upper floor and there was NO parking,2 nd,when we did find somewhere to put our Avalanch Truck we had to fit in a very tight spot and as it would be when my husband backed out he scrapped the side oh the vehicle on a post,which caused much damage. 3rd, we had to pay for parking there we also had to pay for the damage on the vehicle,the hotel manager just DIDN'T care about our problem.4th,the elevator was not working and the stair doors were locked,we had no way to get down stairs to the lobby.5th,the breakfast was very skimpy and limited ,we had breakfast elsewhere,and finally the noise in the hall way during the nite from the wedding guest was awful.We expressed our concerns to the manager along with many outher people and we all got the same reaction,would not recommend this Holiday Inn Express site to my worst enemy!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sue M
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Sue M,

Thank you very much for the feed back it only helps us improve as a hotel. First and foremost, I am very sorry to hear about your experience at my hotel and would like to respond to some of your comments.

We only have one ballroom on the upper floor so it is physically impossible for us to have two wedding receptions at the same time on that floor. I do apologize about the parking and I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to find parking. We do not charge for parking at the hotel so I am not sure why you paid for it. I would be glad to reimburse you for your parking!

You said you spoke with the Hotel Manager; I am the General Manager of the hotel and this is the first I have ever heard about your experience at my hotel. I can assure you if you would have spoken to me I would have tried to make it right for you.

The stair doors do not lock so I am not sure why you had trouble coming down the stairs but I personally will look into it.

The breakfast buffet has many different options which include, cinnamon buns, all different types of breakfast breads, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage or bacon, assorted cereals, assorted yogurts, hard boiled eggs, pancakes, assorted juices, milk, and coffee. If you think there is something more I could add to ensure it is up to your satisfaction as well as other guest please let me know. I have had many great comments about our buffet but there is always room for improvement.

I still would like to make this right for you so if you could please contact me personally at 847-544-7500 ext 7515 or through email amiller@hieohare.com. I unfortunately do not know who you are and since you posted it through Tripadvisor it does not give me your information.

Again, I apologize and can assure you that we are doing everything in our power to take care of our customers and it is very upsetting to hear when we fail.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We arrived in on an international flight and wanted somewhere to stay before picking up our rental ar the next day.

This hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport, which is fairly close nearby. There is another Holiday Inn less than a block away but the shuttle driver was very considerate and dropped at both. The only challenge we had was getting through to reception to let them know to send the shuttle to pick us up, as they were busy dealing with a large number of wedding guests staying at the hotel. This only caused a few minutes delay however.

The staff were friendly and efficient, despite dealing with said wedding. The manager mentioned they have a wedding there every Saturday, and sometimes two. However we didn't experience any problems (noise or disruption) due to the lively group there the same evening as us.

The room was fine and so was the bathroom - what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. They have a good breakfast with the standard hot and cold items

When returning to O'Hare the morning bus driver kindly dropped us directly at our car rental company saving us the extra bus ride from the terminal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Adam M, General Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Surreyglobetrotter,

Thank you very much for the kind words; I truly do appreciate it! I will share your feedback with the staff! Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located in Rosemont. It has regular free airport shuttle pick-ups. The rooms are clean. I love that fact it has an indoor pool and a full gym! I like the free daily breakfast. What more could you want?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

traveljunkiesf,

Thank you very much for the kind words I truly do appreciate it! I will be sure to share your comments with the staff! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Spent 2 nights early Sept '12
Enjoyed my stay.
Friendly staff.
Room was good but a little noisy (facing the highway)
Breakfast was fair, with choices of industrial omelettes, sausages, biscuits, toasts, cereals, yogurt, juices, milk and coffee.

Room Tip: Choosing a room facing opposite the highway will be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

matga,

Thank you very much for the kind words; I will ensure I share your experience with the staff!!