“Great HI Express”

Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
NC
“Great HI Express”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Compared to downtown hotels this property is a great value. Super clean and a great location when trying to get into the city. Be sure to plan for a one hour commute to downtown during rush hour but the money you'll save is worth the additional time.
Property is clean, well maintained and the staff is professional. This is my 2nd time staying there and is now on my "best value" list

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side to reduce the traffic noise
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed for a few nights and breakfast was free it was awesome...Customer service was great...

• Stayed June 2011
Sparta, North Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Didn't get to spend too much time at the hotel as we were only there because we missed a flight due to weather. We waited for quite a while outside the airport to get picked up in the shuttle and apparently everyone else who missed flights booked the same place because the shuttle was packed. Took about 8 or 9 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport. Check-in was pretty smooth and the folks at the front desk were pleasant enough. Thought the beds were really comfortable and linens were nice as well. Despite the frustrations caused by a wrinkle in our travel plans, we got a very restful nights sleep and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I'm ever stuck in Chicago. The shuttle driver that took us back to the airport the next morning was probably the most pleasant person I talked to during my entire trip. Speaking of shuttle, it runs every 30 minutes starting at 5:00 am.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HHindale, Manager at Edward Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
It's certainly never pleasant when one misses a flight due to weather issues. We are very pleased that we could at least make your frustrating day better. Thank you for your very thoughtful review.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were visiting Chicago for one day as our family member was flying into O'Hare. Great proximity to the airport with no airport noise! Our sister brought her two year son and he LOVED the play pool the hotel had. Such a great idea!! Breakfast was good and for being such a large hotel food was properly stocked and no lines! Will stay again for sure!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I've stayed in a LOT of Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one is the best of the bunch!

It feels like a 4 star hotel from the moment you enter the hotel lobby, and it's much bigger than any other Holiday Express I've been in too!

The room was very nice, and much bigger than the average room in most other hotels also.

The indoor hotel pool was also huge and had a separate wading pool for toddlers, which was GREAT for our 2 year old! It had a little fountain and a bunch of water spouts that were a ton of fun. It was also fenced off from the rest of the pool, which helped contain the toddlers... :)

We had to catch an early flight but the breakfast started at 6 am and was hot and fresh and yummy! The hotel is just a couple minutes from the airport so there was no problem returning our rental car and getting to the airport.

a 4 star hotel at a 3 star price with some extra perks, what a find!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Happy Guest:

Thank you for your glowing review. I'm glad your little one enjoyed the kiddie pool. It is a great feature that no other hotels in the O'Hare area offer. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area you will stay with us again.
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed August 15, 2011

After a two hour delay at O'Hare, it was a pleasent surprise to be pick-up quickly and shuttled to our hotel destination. The hotel staff at the Holiday Inn Express were very accommodating, and got us checked-in and to our room in record speed. My family and I enjoyed the fabulous breakfast and the delightful service we received at the hotel. I would definately recommend this property to any and all visitors that want to be pampered and have a wonderful experience. We will be returning!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 12, 2011

A June 17 - 19 trip to the Windy City was one for the ages ! My goal was to enjoy the sites and sounds of Downtown Chicago. Beginning with my arrival at O'Hare International Airport, the hotel van was very punctual in picking me up and delivering me to a most courteous staff at the front desk led by the Operations Manager. My room was clean and ready to use to rest my weary body from the flight. All my housekeeping requests were answered and implemented in a timely matter. The operations manager made some great suggestions as far as dining, shopping, transportation, sports and entertainment whereabouts are concerned. Heck, my trip to Wrigley Field to enjoy a Cubs/Yankees game capped a great weekend. I will definitely come back to this hotel again and again !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Best Western At O'Hare
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
Wyndham Chicago O'Hare
#2 of 9 in Des Plaines

Been to Edward Hotel Chicago? Share your experiences!