“Great Lamb Chops”
Review of Rosewood Restaurant - CLOSED

Rosewood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: River Road
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Lamb Chops”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been going here for years and always have a great meal and service. The Lamb Chops are my favorite! The chops are encrusted with pistachio nuts (not over whelming) nicely done.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Adriana F

Southfield, Michigan
“Excellent pick for business meal”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was charged with picking a place to eat after my team and I all arrived from the airport. The appestisers seemed quit pricey - $16+ for 4 coconut shrimp and something like $18 for a crabcake. All four of us had excellant meals though - I had the Grouper, the boss had the Scallops, there was a sea bass and veal scallopini ordered. Two bottles of red wine (them), two glasses reisling (me), and 2 free desserts because the waitress stated my fish wasn't to their satisfaction and everything was sent back. The white chocolate mousse cake was fantastic and the apple purse had my colleague humming. I would recommend this restaurant. Once complaint was that the room did seem exceptionally noisy. There were two very large tables of guests though - one looked to be a birthday and the other might have been a business meal.

1 Thank Flummery_12
San Francisco, California
“Old school Steak house does it all the y way it should be!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Rosewood is a classic gem! We travel to Chicago one a year to attend a trade show . So many more choices in the Rosemont area Rosewood stands tall. Slip back in time to a cool steak house. Meat is to die for salads are super yummy. Classic sides are very good.
I believe the jewel in the crown is the wine selection you can pick up an exquisite bottle for the most reasonable price out there.
Rosewood we love you don't change!

1 Thank SF_Bulldog
Chicago,IL
“Great spot”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had never even heard of the Rosewood even though it has been serving great food there for years. I understand it is a very hot spot for the business lunch crowd. I went with my wife and met another couple, he is a steak man only no fish etc. He loved it, cooked perfectly, great flavor the peppercorn sauce was superb. I tried it he was right. I had Halibut it was great my wife had a filet also great. The appetizers and salads were also very tasty, the prosciutto wrapped baked mozzarella cheese was good but a bit much my friend ordered it by accident. You will leave her full I guarantee you that, your wallet will be a little lighter dinner for 4 was $540 with the tip but our wine alone was $170 for 2 bottles but they were both perfect. I will definitely return but this time for a steak.

1 Thank Phamus
Los Angeles, California
“Best restaurant near O'Hare Airport”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

-location: short walk from either the Marriott Suites or Westin at O'Hare airport
-Greeted by an exceptionally friendly host.
-Service was quick and friendly
-Bread is crispy white or raisan-pumpernickel
-I asked for olive oil instead of the butter
-2 specials on the menu were grilled baby octopus on a bed of spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms (so much better than fried octopus)
-the other special was the special cut, thick lamb chop, exceptional quality
-the teas were infusions and I love the melon-white tea
-an exceptional dessert was the apple purse which is fillet dough wrapped around succulent apples
-my friend loved his sea bass on a bed of vegetables
-the wine selection was superb
-this gourmet restaurant could successfully challenge some of the great downtown restaurants in Chicago!

• Visited August 2013