“Best restaurant near O'Hare Airport”
Review of Rosewood Restaurant - CLOSED

Rosewood Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: River Road
Los Angeles, California
“Best restaurant near O'Hare Airport”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

-location: short walk from either the Marriott Suites or Westin at O'Hare airport
-Greeted by an exceptionally friendly host.
-Service was quick and friendly
-Bread is crispy white or raisan-pumpernickel
-I asked for olive oil instead of the butter
-2 specials on the menu were grilled baby octopus on a bed of spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms (so much better than fried octopus)
-the other special was the special cut, thick lamb chop, exceptional quality
-the teas were infusions and I love the melon-white tea
-an exceptional dessert was the apple purse which is fillet dough wrapped around succulent apples
-my friend loved his sea bass on a bed of vegetables
-the wine selection was superb
-this gourmet restaurant could successfully challenge some of the great downtown restaurants in Chicago!

Chicago
“Fell Short of Expectation”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We first heard of Rosewood while watching an episode of Check Please and as we are fans of Gibson’s we thought we would give the place a try considering the rave reviews about the place.
I made a 7:30PM reservation on a Saturday night for four of us and upon arrival we were asked if we wanted a booth or a table. We chose a booth and unceremoniously escorted to a booth that was set up for only two. No problem, so we sat and waited to be greeted by our server. Now, I have to paint a picture of the place. The place was maybe half full, remember this is Saturday night, and the clientele was on the elderly side; definitely not this well connected customers that we see at Gibson’s. So we waited a good five minutes before our server decided to come to our table and we were greeted with a hello and a “have you decided what you want”. I wasn’t sure if she meant drinks or to eat as so far at this point we did not receive menus from the hostess. Two of us order red wine, one had Bacardi and diet Coke and the other just iced tea. My wine, which was a special for $15 was okay, our friend who also had a red wine had to send it back as she felt it was spoiled as did our guest who ordered the Bacardi and diet Coke. A woman came over and efficiently replaced the drink and the wine, but after that point I had the feeling we were labeled as “troublemakers".

At this point the server brought us menus; not sure if this is the way they do things, but in every restaurant I’ve been to it doesn’t take 20 minutes to get the menus. We ordered the fried calamari, which was very good. It was tender and the batter was light. The salad that came with dinner was simple with a light dressing. We had to ask the busser for some bread since none was ever brought to the table. Again, never having dined here I am not sure if bread has to be asked for.

I ordered the Yellowfin Tuna. Now I love tuna and in my opinion it needs to be served rare with ginger or maybe a side of soy and that’s it. At Rosewood they felt the need to douse it in an overly sweet sauce, which I felt was sacrilege to tuna. Two of our party ordered Halibut, which they both though was fine but our other guest had the Seabass, which he disliked to the point of not choosing to eat it. All this time the server came by just once; bear in mind at this point the restaurant is at most 20% full, but our server spent most of her time at a single table; perhaps regulars. Service was marginal at best.

We decided to skip dessert as at this point the whole experience was not going over well. The room looks like an old supper club, which may be the intent, but there was no energy in the place. So if you’re in Rosemont and want a good steak or seafood place head to Gibson’s where the food is great, the service is attentive and fun and your made to feel special, even if it’s your first time or you’re a regular.

2 Thank aender
Park Ridge, IL
“Wonderful Food and Service”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This Rosemont spot may look from the outside to be all about banquets, and they do a commendable job on those, but this steak and seafood restaurant is a real charmer. There is an excellent wine list with a variety of price levels. Add in well prepared cocktails and friendly service and you have an outstanding spot for lunch or dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago's North Shore, Illinois
“Great for Private Dinner Meetings”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Last night we had our second dinner meeting this year at the Rosewood and I feel compelled to write a review for them. Once again we were given an appropriately sized and very quite private room, very friendly and attentive service, and excellent food at a fair price. Everyone of our 12 guests enjoyed their experience and, like myself, will be recommending Rosewood for dinner.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“WOW”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

A lot of food for a little money. A cute restaurant with a diner feel that serves great food cheap. Beef stroganoff with noodles homemade soup (loved the lemon rice) and salad and mixed vegetables and dessert all for only $9.95!

Three adults and a child and our bill was only $40 with 4 doggy bags and cheesecake to go. If only there was one closer to home!

• Visited July 2013