“Expected More”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: River Road
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were in Rosemont on a business trip last week. This restaurant got really good reviews so we decided to give it a shot. We liked the ambiance in the bar area and the servers were friendly. My colleagues ordered oysters as appetizers and were pleased with them. I ordered the special - a 24oz aged bone in ribeye for about $70. I also ordered the twice baked potato as a side. The steak was one of the worst pieces of meat I have ever had in a restaurant..not sure what happened to it (or where it was aged). I only ate a portion of it. The potato was overlooked and I only took a couple of bites of that. Service was also very slow. I believe they were overwhelmed with an unexpected group so I give them a pass on that, but for a $200/person meal i cant give them a pass on the food. If i could have a do over id go to Giordano's next door and spend the remaining $180 in the casino across the street!! Based on other reviews I think we must have been here on a very, very off night....

There are newer reviews for Rosewood Restaurant

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My Brother in Law too us to this place for a treat...
It was a fabulous experience ... starting from the ushers to the service...and the food
Try the Pork ribs its fabulous

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been here before and the food was very good. Yesterday I ordered the Lamb chops & shank...it was ok, but had a very different taste. I ate most of it, but would have much preferred the Rack of Lamb (they didn't make it yesterday due to the holiday)The other couple also had the lamb chops & lanb shank and she hated it, actually sent it back. My husband had the Ahui Tuna and he said it was excellent. So you never know. We also split the huge ice cream pie, we split it 3 ways and it was still alot of ice cream, it was very tasty. Highly recommend it, but only if you are going to split it. don't order it for just one person,it gigantic.
Dinner for 2 of us, no drinks came to $100.00, what you expect to pay at a high end restaurant.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Twice we celebrated a special birthday with friends. The food is tasty and presented well. Great choices. Excellent appetizers. Staff is friendly and well trained.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'm on the board of an industry association that meets at The Rosewood about every other month. We find the staff to be helpful and professional, the food to be exceptional and service is great.