“Ignore All Other Pizza Places - This is the BEST”
Review of Giordano's

Giordano's
Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I am a Chicagoan, but live abroad, and every time (honestly, every time) I land we go straight to Giordano's for a deep dish pizza. I love the deep dish cheese, but everything is good. It's great for dining in, take away, and frozen (be sure and butter the tin, because otherwise it won't taste right).

It is truly Chicago-style pizza at its finest. Get a large - it's good for breakfast too!!!

1  Thank Ecojojo81

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I love to read the reviews that complain about this pizza having too much cheese. It must be the "heart attack" in me, but I just can't imagine any such thing.

I had the pie delivered to my room at the Intercontinental Hotel, and considering that a medium (14", serves 3-4 - seriously; 2 of us ate half, and we were very hungry) plus a couple cokes ran me $27, I consider it a good value.

The pizza itself is consistent, as it's been for years. I prefer the sausage to the pepperoni, because they use the large, flat pieces of pepperoni, but you can't go wrong no matter what you choose for toppings.

But, yes, as one of my non-Chicago colleagues mentioned, it was "like Lasagna" to him. It's thick; it's filled with cheese, the tomato sauce is on top.

It's completely delicious; we had it to our room in under an hour on a NCAA football Saturday.

If you like Chicago (STUFFED) pizza, you'll love this place. They offer thin-crust if you don't, but you can get that anywhere. Also, if you eat in the restaurant, please remember it takes 45 minutes to bake this monstrosity ... so relax and have a drink. :)

2  Thank nathanmedic2003
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This place has the thickest pizza I've ever eaten, Two crusts even. This truely is a PIE, not just toppings on a crust. Two slices will absolutely fill me up, and I'm a big eater. This is the kind of pizza pie that even tastes better the next day when you heat up the leftovers... Oh Yea...there WILL be leftovers. MMMMM!

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We ordered the Chicago deep dish pizza and a couple of side salads. Food was so-so, we were expecting more flavor based on the reviews.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I am a New York style pizza kinda guy but I decided to try Giordano's since it was next to the hotel I was staying at. The atmosphere was very good upon entering. Nice red checkered table clothes throughout. Basically you have two types of pizza to choose from: Stuffed or Thin. Stuffed pizza is about 3" thick and just jammed with all your toppings on the inside. I choose to have the thin since I was not starving. But this pizza was about 2" thick. It was OK. I was expecting more sauce than it came with. Lots of toppings but short on sauce. I order the 10" and I still left 2 pieces on the pan. Very filling. Took about 30 minutes to get served which was about average for good pizza.
If I go back I need to get the stuffed pizza, the pizza that made them famous. It has more sauce on it anyway.

1  Thank rjcvg