“Try the Chipotle Scramble ”
Review of Pine Grove Restaurant - CLOSED

Pine Grove Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a breakfast place along IL-72 and this one met the need. Didn't expect much, but the service was quick and friendly. Not a big kids meal choice, but everyone was happy with their meal, especially me with my choice of the Chipotle Scramble. Cheesy, spicy, and bacon-y!

Overall I'd recommend to anyone staying or driving in the area looking for a good breakfast.

Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave us this review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better train our staff and serve our guests. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast, the chipotle scrambler is one of our best sellers, and also a favorite of mine!!! We are currently updating our menu, including our kids menu, so they have a greater variety of menu items. We look forward to the pleasure of serving you again next time you are in the area.
Thanks again,
Sarah

There are newer reviews for Pine Grove Restaurant

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Is seems that the food and staff services go hand and hand. Our server was Antonio and the same great services as the other reviews was provided to us by him. He was friendly and very accommodating. Our breakfast was serve on a timely matter, our drinks were refilled. Great service!

Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

On behalf of the entire team at Pine Grove, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave this review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal, and I will pass your compliments along to Antonio. He is one of our finest servers, and a true asset to our team. Thank you for dining with us, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I visited this restaurant on Sunday early afternoon, my server was Michelle, I looked at her name tag. She was exceptionally friendly, helpful and very congenial. Beside eating at the restaurant I had a meal to take out with dessert, you could not find a more helpful and accommodating person. I do not have a grade for her because she is "above grade" it would be a different world if we had more "Michells" in it. I thank her for a wonderful experience.
Renate Bass

1  Thank Renate B
Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. I am pleased to hear Michelle took such great care of you, she surely is a true asset to our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Have been here a number of times because of the good food and friendly service. Kudos to our waitress, Melinda! She's wonderful!!!! And Pat pitched in whenever necessary - real team work!
We will be back .... Dave and Annette

Thank you Annette and Dave for the great review. So happy you enjoyed your meal!!! I'll pass your compliments along to Melinda and Pat! See you soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went here because it was closest restaurant to Holiday Inn Express. After an international flight we were tired and our brains were mush, it was about 3 am body time, around 8pm local. The place was so empty we weren't sure it was still serving, but it was.

There were a few diners who all looked as if they'd just got off a plane and all were subdued

Friendly waiter didn't seem put out by our monosyllaballic responses and when to food came it was freshlly cooked - my burgercame with some lovely big chips (=fries), Mrs. P had healthy fruit with hers. The side salad I had was a good size, nice mix of crisp lettuces.

There is a big choice of foods, with daily specials in addition to a large standard menu -- too much for our mushy brains to compute so we plumped for Angus burger.

We left feeling much revived and pleased that we'd found this little gem.It was nice and quiet and restful, just what was needed.

Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

We thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us better serve our guests. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your dining experience at Pine Grove and hope you visit us again when you are in the area.