“The best french toast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pine Grove Restaurant - CLOSED

Pine Grove Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Southern California
“The best french toast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn across the street and came here for breakfast twice. The french toast is great, bacon and eggs done perfectly, and good coffee. Service was a bit slow our second visit, but the staff is very welcoming. Will eat here our next Chicago visit.

• Visited July 2013
Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chicago!

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not your average motel restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were tired and hungry when we checked in to the Best Western at O'Hare, so we did not feel like going out for dinner. What a pleasant surprise! We were cheerfully greeted and seated right away in a very comfortable booth. The service was efficient and friendly. I ordered the Cobb salad and my husband had a turkey wrap. Both were excellent. We had to spend another night on our way home, so there was no question about where to eat breakfast. Carol D. was our delightful and accommodating waitress. The Cobb salad was so good that I wanted it again, but it was too early. (Carol was so good that I think she would have gotten it for me!) We both enjoyed the health club omelet with fresh fruit. I would order this again, too! Pine Grove Restaurant was a real surprise. We will definitely come back.

• Visited June 2013
Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience at Pine Grove. Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review. Our friendly service and freshly prepared food help us stand out among many similiar restaurants. Carol is one of our best, I am happy she took good care of you! We look forward to your next visit.
California, Pennsylvania
“a girl named Carol”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We walked into the restaurant and was greeted by a lovely lady it was about 9:20and this other lady Marie said continental was over and the lady heard it and told US to take a seat and she would grab us something to eat we thought it was over at 10:00 I asked her her name and she said Carol.what a great gal we would come back to see her the next time we come back .thank you again carol

• Visited May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. I am happy to hear Carol took such good care of you, she is a true asset to our team. We look forward to your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“awsome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I live a few blocks away from here and have usually come in for breakfast. this time I had a gift certificate that we used for dinner and I can not get over how good the pot roast is. the service was good and Dometris made sure we were well taken care of and when I asked to try te coleslaw to see if I liked it he was very pleasant. the Manager was also very nice and told me the pot roast was delicious(she was telling the truth).prices are reasonable for being so close to the airport..thanks for the wonderful dinner.oh and a big plus is the mashed potatoes were real.

• Visited June 2013
Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
On behalf of the entire Pine Grove team, we thank you for taking the time to leave this positive review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your meal and we look forward to the pleasure of serving you again soon.
Oak Park, Illinois
“Excellent Service, Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our second time at the Pine Grove Restaurant and the experience was a great as the first time. Our waitress, Melinda, offered great service and was wonderful both times! Food is excellent and plentiful. We'll definitely be back!
Annette & Dave

• Visited May 2013
Sarah O, Manager at Pine Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are so glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Melinda is wonderful, she is a true asset to our restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again!