“Wipe off my steak?”

Ram Restaurant & Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
Ram Restaurant & Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 85 Restaurants in Rosemont
Transit: CTA - Blue Line & Metra Train
Chicago, Illinois
“Wipe off my steak?”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My mom and I decided to come to dinner to have some delicious steaks. We ordered our steaks...ribye steak 12oz well done with peppercorn and Gorgonzola cheese topping and to our surprise .... The steak was cooked properly but the proper was over whleming , our steaks were drenched in peppercorn front and back and inside of the steaks. We spoke to the manager and informed him , and to our surprise the manager responds " ok we can take yours steaks and rub off the pepper " ..... I reply "excuse me , the pepper is all over . How can you not re cook our steak and give us a new one " .. Needless to say we will not be back !!! How can you expect that taking our steaks and rubbing off the pepper would help ?!

• Visited October 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“Great place for a solo traveler”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Safe location, clean and friendly brewery. (Note: their porter brew was A+). I had a fantastic burger and beer for a very reasonable price!

Visited September 2013
Libertyville, Illinois
“Not so quiet even for a very good lunch”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I guess you could say that I would rather eat in an establishment that was more quiet than noisy. Where one can enjoy his meal without having to resort to yelling at his friend so they can hear him.

Is this fair? Probably not. And it was not really the fault of the other lunch patrons, but rather the use of five different television screens with five different sporting events on them that made the difference.

The food was very good and so was the chance to meet a former co-worker for lunch. But the noise levels were just a bit too high and for this I will say go there but maybe sit outside on their patio.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rey N
Chicago, Illinois
2,626 restaurant reviews
“Great restaurant, one not so great entree”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have reviewed Ram before and have eaten there many times. After trying the armadillo eggs, a real must have, especially if you enjoy appetizers such as stuffed jalapenos, we thought we'd try a new item on the menu. We tried a new bacon cheeseburger. Now this is not a cheeseburger with extra strips of bacon on it. Rather, it is a burger that is comprised of ground beef and ground pork (50/50). Our waitress did advise that you can not get this particular burger "medium rare", which is my idea of a good burger. So we went for it anyway. This burger does not have the same consistency of a regular burger, and almost seems as though there is more filler than meat. Though it was good, it was definitely not what we had hoped for. It just did not put us over the top, at all. Our server was very good about it and we spoke with her about it and she even brought the manager over, who definitely listened.
So, good service, great place, mostly (99%) good and tasty food. But, you may just want to opt for something else if you are looking for a bacon burger.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Allen21096
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great, unique burgers and sandwiches”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Ate here with a group of co-workers and every single one of us loved our meals. We all got a different burger/sandwich and they were somewhat unique in terms of the types of toppings and bread choices. I definitely would back to try some of their other menu items. Good place to eat. Definitely recommend.

Visited August 2013