“Local in a sea of fake gourmet”
Review of Village Pizzeria

Village Pizzeria
Ranked #46 of 87 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed June 12, 2012

It is not great but there is so little choice if you don't have a car and are staying at one of the many nearby hotels it is just fine. Go down the block and grab a six pack of good beer, take it to the pizza joint (they are happy with this) get a salad and pizza. I agree, it is not great, but having paid 3 times as much for beers and burgers across the street, I will be back.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Large cheese and sausage pizza is cheaper than the medium. that should tell you something. And part time help is offered 7.00 dollars per hour. The sause is red, no taste, cheese weak, crust cardboard. Have a salad at Village.

3  Thank john a
Reviewed March 4, 2012

My wife and I decided to give this place a try after seeing the 'All you can eat Lunch Buffet for $6.95' sign in the window and are we glad we did! We pulled into the small parking lot on a recent weekday afternoon and entered this little restaurant not knowing what to expect. The place is super clean and even though the seating was limited it was quite comfy.

We then checked out the buffet...wow what a selection! Here's just s sampling of what we observed: Mini Pepperoni Calzones, Pizza, 2 different kinds of soup, sliced mini sub sandwiches, 2 kinds of salad: spinach with REAL bacon bits and house salad, mostaccoli, Veggie Pasta, bread and cups of chocolate pudding!

Everything we had was really tasty and the staff kept bringing out more food quickly as well as kept the place tidy even while the place got busier. After sampling several of the buffet offerings, we were full and all of that was about $15 for both of us!!!!!!!

Village Pizza is located on Higgins Road just west of River Road right next to a 7-11 and liquor store on the south side of Higgins. Very close to the Kennedy Expressway, I-90 & I-294. Also close to the Allstate Arena. Give it a try!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

When your slice of Pizza weighs more than the book you are reading you know you are in Chicago. Whew get a personal for 2

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Here are the two negatives I have about this restaurant:
-parking can be tricky when it is busy
-no home brewed ice tea

Okay, here we go.
Local, and run by locals who smile when they greet you. It does take out as well as eat in.

The restaurant area is not huge, but casual, clean and comfortable.

Fountain pop as well as canned drinks and bottled beverages from a cooler.

The menu is surprisingly big. I have had everything from the various salads to an egg and pepper sandwich, Italian beef, meatball, various appetizers, burgers, fries, pastas, and pizza,

Everything is to proper temp. Solidly tasty and well-made. I can count on Village Pizza and that is important to me.

The pizza is the usual favorite of everyone. It is the pizza style I grew up with. Thin crust, mozzarella, tasty red sauce. Toppings are not heaped on, which I prefer. There is enough to get some in every bite. There are plenty of Chicago-based chain pizza places and they are good. But Village Pizza is better.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced meal, well-made by people who care, try this place.