“Can I marry my filet mignon ?”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 86 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Williams
Transit: Blue Line CTA
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Really, so many adjectives I can use that would also describe my girlfriend and yet I still might choose the filet instead. Well everything everyone is basically saying here is true. Food is great, service is wonderful, portions are HUGE! Need I say more, yes! Stop by the ATM before you arrive because its a little pricey.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great quality and huge portions. Knowledgable servers who are well trained. Always has a great buzz and consistentlt excellent quality and service.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We attended a meeting at the Doubletree in Rosemont and were delighted we didn't have to leave the hotel for a great Chicago steak. Gibson's is always a destination when we visit Chicago. I love the downtown Gibson's restaurant but sometimes I wish for a less exuberant mileu. We had a wonderful group business dinner which coincided with my husband's birthday. Our steaks were top quality and prepared as ordered. The creamed spinach, the mushrooms, were flavorful and just perfect. We had a great meal, outstanding wait staff and a wonderful birthday memory. The manager, Carlos Chaves personally welcomed us, watched over our dining and wished my husband a happy birthday with best wishes.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had dinner at Gibson's Rosemont the night before a flight out of O'Hare. We met some friends who live in Chicago and were just getting off of a flight, so this worked out really conveniently. The staff is really competent, friendly, and helpful. We were pretty casual, so decided to sit in the bar, which was perfect. Overall, two steaks were ordered and two steak salads. I had the peppercorn steak salad, which was good, but wasn't something super exciting for me. My husband had WR's Chicago Cut, which was quite good. The drinks were excellent. Overall, I would definitely recommend Gibson's if you are confined to the Rosemont area, keeping in mind that it does not have the same feel as the downtown location. However, it is an excellent choice, very convenient, and the staff were great.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to this place looking for a good steak and we got it. The meat was spectacular and cooked to order. But the sides were not up to par. The mashed potatoes were dry and tasteless. The creamed spinach was watery like a soup and also tasteless. It was a shame because next time we will try another steakhouse instead. As a matter of fact, we were invited to another Gibsons, at Oak Brook, two days later and it was much better all around. But that in another review.

Been to Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse? Share your experiences!