“Awesome Dining Experience”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 84 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Williams
Transit: Blue Line CTA
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Awesome Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ever since the Chicago stockyards were in existence, Chicago has been THE place to go for a great steak. That reputation is well maintained by numerous steak houses in and around Chicago, but, for me, the top of the list is Gibson's, probably the best (and maybe most successful) upscale restaurant chain in operation. I had their signature bone-in steak. With council from the waiter, who was helpful, fun, professional and attentive, I received a steak that was perfectly prepared, moist, succulent and filled with flavor. We started with a tomato and onion salad, nothing special, but a refreshing start, split in the kitchen for the 2 of us. As a side, we ordered the mushrooms, excellent, abundant and pricey. 2 drinks, one salad, 2 steaks, mushrooms, coffee and tip = $200. Too expensive to do every week, but well worth the price for the portions, the quality and the service for a more special night out. For me, the one problem I might have is trying different foods (the fish at the next table looked marvelous). And the desserts (we witnessed a "slice" of cake go by) could "feed a village". My steak was so incredible, I can't imagine ordering anything else

Dallas, Texas
“Definitely the place to go for an amazing lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We went twice for lunch. My husband goes here every time he is in town and has raved about it for years. I had the tuna steak for lunch. It was amazing and cooked perfectly. He usually gets the filet sliders. He said those were awesome. Second visit, I got a 4 oz spicy lobster cocktail. Amazing! Friends got steaks for lunch and said they were awesome. And he creme brûlée - that was a tub of brûlée - amazing! Totally worth the hype. Great lunch! Have to make a visit next time we are in town.

St. Thomas
“Good and expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Gibson's is expensive.........The food is good.....the portions are large......order your side dishes to share......although that is what the server will recommend anyway.

• Visited July 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Always Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my 5th time eating here and it's always good. The service is always great. I had the halibut and it was very good. The other guys in my group had steak and each one liked what they had. I wanted to get the chocolate cake but there was only 3 of us and there is no way we could have eaten it all. My only issue with this place is the noise. It's kind of loud and hard to hear the other people at your table.

Kennewick
“Outstanding food and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Be prepared to pay the price (it's worth it). Make sure you're hungry. The portions are large. The place was busy but not noisy. We had a great server.

Visited July 2013