“Very good - but loud”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Williams
Transit: Blue Line CTA
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The food here is always good. I've eaten in the bar and in the dining room on a number of occasions. The only downside is it doesn't matter where you sit - it is always REALLY loud and sometimes difficult to carry on a conversation. But overall I still think it's very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We've frequented Gibson's Steakhouse in downtown Chicago and have always been pleased. This Gibsons in Rosemont, Illinois is near O'Hare and the Steven's Convention Center. Started out with perfect martinis. My cosmopolitan came in a glass etched with the Gibson's name on the inside of the glass so while you're indulging, the name Gibsons is prevalent. Chopped chicken liver appetizer was presented well and rivaled delis we find in New York. 10 oz , filet mignons were cooked to each preference and the double baked potato is almost a meal in itself. The lettuce wedge with blue cheese dressing was delicious and split by our waiter so we each had a share. Spinach veggie side was prepared to perfection. The choices of steaks and chops is impressive so everyone should find something to their liking. If you dine here, ask for Trey who was most knowledgeable and made our dining experience fun. Thanks, Trey for a fun evening.

1  Thank TravelJewels45
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Visited as a party of one in jeans. Flight was canceled and really needed some nice service. From the moment I walked in to the time I left I was taken care of in every way. A great way to end a long day. My waiter Joe was outstanding!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Absolutely enjoyed listening to the piano man and eating lobster, shrimp and possibly the best burger I have ever had!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

On a recent Sunday afternoon we stopped here after leaving a convention at the convention center. Since my date had never eaten here before I knew she would be in for a treat! The restaurant was busy as always but we were seated right away. The waiter was top notch as always explaining the menu to us and showing us the meat tray. My date was new to the pricing of high end steak houses and the waiter explained that gibsons had their own farm where they controlled everything that went into the cattle they served. She ended up with the filete, a choice I was happy she made! I wasn't that hungry and had soup and a large chop salad. Things were going good until she got her steak! As she took the first couple bites there was a change in her demeanor, she became quiet and she had to wipecawayva tear from her eye! I asked if she was ok, not sure what was happening. She replied that it was the best steak she had ever eaten in her entire life! My salad was really good but couldn't compete with that. I reached for a bite and was returned a look that I might lose that hand if I try and take it without her permission! A bites was given and it brought back memories of the last steak I had there. Tender and full of flavor, what a memory. Now when we go into high end steakhouses as we travel for business every steak is compared to her gibson's filete.

Been to Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse? Share your experiences!