“Great vibe and steak...”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Williams
Transit: Blue Line CTA
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was in Chicago for a conference being held at the Marriott O'hare. Was meeting a client and chose Gibson's for the local place over Capital Grill and Mortons. We both enjoyed the 10 oz filet, wedge salad, small caesar salad, small portion of fries and the sauted spinach, mushrooms and onions. The sides are all famliy style so order accordingly. Our wait staff was impressive in their knowledge of the menu, wine offerings and did not oversell us-which is appreciated. We were there on a Sunday evening and the place was filled to capacity. Great energy, lots of fun. Sophisticated but comfortable-more so than Mortons. My filet was cooked perfectly but lacked seasoning. I would recommend a topping if you like your beef more than "basic". Will return in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Several of us met here for a business meeting from various parts of several states. Wonderful service, great and reasonably priced food, and though we tied up a booth for nearly three hours...we were the only ones in the restaurant.... Never a word of criticism. I have to say, I love carrot cake. However their carrot cake was priced at nearly $15 as a desert. I was appalled! My colleagues said "try it, you'll see why". There was enough in the serving to feed a family of four for two days! And it was delicious! If you love carrot cake, order it, but no more than one for an entire table.
We were there to talk, so I didn't get to try the steaks. Next time.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

As my summary says, the food is awesome, you can most often spot some celebrity (local sprts people, actors, et al), and when you're done eating you can visit any number of local watering holes. It's a great time always.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Again, reserving with Open Table and requesting specific table helps tremendously when meeting a client for lunch. The restaurant accommodated my request. My client and I relaxed and caught up without the hustle of the main dining room - which can get loud. Our server was excellent from start to finish... I had the fish of the day - Halibut with extra green beans, sauce on the side, my client had Lobster Cobb Salad and we both started with the soup of the day. Everything was excellent. The cut of the Halibut was on the small side (considering the price), sauce was butter, citrus fantastic. Crisp fresh Harticot Verts accommpanied entree, I skipped the potato. My client took home a hefty piece of Carrot Cake that her team could share - yes the Dessert is that big!!! Valet Parking was quick and easy. Very nice convenient location in Rosemont/O'Hare area.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I did not have a reservation, but I arrive early, prior to 6pm and was seated quickly. Great staff and perfect food choices. I shall return.

Been to Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse? Share your experiences!