“Fun Place”

Hofbrauhaus Chicago
Reserve with OpenTable
Hofbrauhaus Chicago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: German, Bar, European
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: River Road
Description: Hofbrauhaus Chicago is the first and only German micro brewery, beer hall, restaurant and beer garden to call Chicago home. Modeled after the legendary Hofbrauhaus in Munich, Germany, it takes pride giving you an experience as authentic and unforgettable as the 400-year-old original. Guests can savor schnitzels, sausages, Sauerbraten and pretzels, and some ingredients are even imported from abroad. The freshly brewed beer follows the purity law from 1516 using original recipes handed down by the Duke of Bavaria over 400 years ago. With its beer hall (Schwemme), King Ludwig Room, and Biergarten in summer, it's Oktoberfest every day. Hofbrauhaus Chicago also features live music nightly with bands from Germany and Austria. In addition, you can take a piece of Bavaria home from the gift shop stocked with authentic and unique Bavarian gifts & collectibles.
chicago
“Fun Place”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Like other reviewers we have been to Oktoberfest in Munich. The Hofbrauhaus is a replica of the beer tents there. The "Oktoberfest Beer" was great. We all drank from the litre steins. Pretty expensive but worth it. Band was mediocre but that's ok as they were fun to sing along and interact with. Food is very good, we started with the huge pretzels with cheese, 2 different types of mustard and a liverwurst spread-delicious. Then about 2hrs later had a bowl of goulash soup-very good. Then later yet, we finally ate dinner- a combination plate "Hofbräuhaus Platte" pork roast, smoked pork loin & smoked sausage with sauerkraut & mashed potatoes(hubby & I split the dish) which was very tasty. Our friends loved what they had, sorry don't remember what it was though. Our server, Mave, was delightful and attentive. Sat at a long table with other people who we eventually got to know and have fun with. Singing "Ein Prosit " and klinking our steins together. Fun place, fun time for people who like to have fun.

• Visited September 2013

Merrionette Park
“Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I made a reservation in July for September 28 for 12 people. I was disappointed upon arrival to see that our table was in a side room. I thought with a 2 month notice, we would be seated in the main dining room. The restaurant was packed. Our waitress was Tatiana. First she gave 2 diners the wrong beer. When she came back, she wanted to switch the beers with the people who were already drinking out of them! She then took the wrong beer away, instead of letting the person finish drinking it. She brought out the correct beer. When I ordered my entrée, I told her that my husband and I were also going to share a small pretzel. She asked me if I was trying to get a separate check. Really? No, I said I wasn't. Other diners at our table ordered the pretzels too, and weren't asked that. Someone asked about one of the entrees, and her answer was, it is a large plate. No knowledge of what was on it. It looked like everyone was having a great time in the main dining room, that we could only watch from a few black and white televisions. Bill came out to $80 a couple, and I was disappointed in the experience. Food was okay . Hot pretzels were cold. Oktoberfest beer was great.

• Visited September 2013
“It's beer”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Being a lover of all things German we were super excited for the Hoffbrauhaus in Chicago. The atmosphere is fun and the beer is great, but the food is pretty lackluster. Its more kitschy and not very good quality. But....they have Hoffbrau beer and that is golden! So go for a pretzel, some beer, and be prepared to sing along. You'll have a great time.

• Visited August 2013
Joplin, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“me and my mom meet my uncle for lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

a great place to meet people and the waiters were so friendly and the staff was so nice and the food was amazing and the prices were great and great service and the gift shop was great too

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, FL
“Great beer”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Since I've eaten and enjoyed the beer at the original Munich Hofbrau Haus, I was excited to visit the Rosemont version. The decor was pretty authentic. The oompah band was great. I missed the Munich version of "In Munchen steht ein Hofrbrau Haus, ein, zwei, zoofa", but it was still awesome. The food was not nearly as good as Munich, but still the experience was awesome, since I had spent 8 years, growing up in Germany. It was like going home, in a small way. I recommend it for the beer! Nothing like the Weiss beer, or wheat beer!

Visited August 2013