“Had high expectations...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Let me start by saying every trip to Vegas we make sure to eat at TK's and love it. They play his music and have his videos playing on screens as well. We found this one in IL while driving home from Louisville. Our teen daughter was at a concert at the United Center on a Tuesday night so we decided to leave WI earlier and eat here on our way down. We had trouble finding it ( unfortunately coming from the North you can not see the sign from the freeway) and called there. The hostess stated they have alot of people encountering this and gave us the theater address and that got us there. It is located in a cute entertainment district with other restaurants, a theater and a huge outdoor area they have live music some nights. TK's is huge compared to Vegas and is probably a great venue when they have live music. We could hardly hear the music as the volume was very low. We asked the host if they played Toby's music and he said he would turn it up. Well it wasn't any of Toby's music playing once it was turned up. Not sure if the host know his music or just didn't listen to my exact question. Place in general did look impressive however the service was mediocre as well as the food. It was not busy at all being a Tuesday night and still our waiter was always gone. He was pleasant when he did come but pretty nonexistent otherwise. We had some questions about the food before we ordered and he misinformed us so our food was not what we expected. Nothing inedible but it was disappointing. Also, check the menu choices online if you are used to one of the other TK's. It does have a limited menu compared to Vegas. All in all we will save our trips to TK's for when we are in Vegas and will try one of the other restaurants in this entertainment district.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Being with great friends in a wonderful atmosphere makes for a memorable evening. Six of us went to dinner. We arrived while an outside concert was taking place, so we were quickly seated in the sparse restaurant.

Victoria took great care of us taking our orders, refilling our drinks, checking on us, and even helping us with pictures. She was charming and even delt with some of the humor of the males in our group in a very classy way. Thanks, Victoria!

Due to a big lunch, I had a Caesar salad with salmon on it. It was very good even with the barbeque sauce on the salmon (was a surprise to me). We also had the appetizer sampler which was very good.

The only negative I can say about the experience is that the food took a very long time to arrive. We were all big talkers, so it was not as noticeable as if we had been just very hungry.

Overall, it was a great dinner and a great time.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Toby Keith's is part of the new entertainment district is Rosemont. This is a great area with a bunch of bars, a theatre and some hotels. Living in Park Ridge it is much easier to grab a few drinks here than worry about going to the city. Parking here can be a little tou and there is no valet, but again still easier than going downtown. He bar itself is a country western theme and the music was OK. Our group shared a few appetizers which were typical bar fare.
I would suggest coming here is you are staying by ORD and do not have dinner or plans downtown. If you're from the area it's good too, but not somewhere I think I will frequent.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We went to Toby Keith's for my sister Birthday. Our entire party was not there so we couldn't be seated, no problem. We got a couple domestic beers from the bar, and the bartender said "We will do $6 a piece." ... Ok. Excessive for a beer in Rosemont. We get seated and the menu looks great. Very good selection of food. We got the Toby Platter, and everything on the platter was good. I didn't order another $6 beer. We all ordered our food and mostly everything was good, but the portions left something to be desired. The Bday Girl had a coupon for a free "steak." The steak was originally $25, and it was the worst cut or meat I have ever seen. All fat no meat. 1/2 the steak was uneatable. I would go back here especially if Hofbrahaus is across the street.

1  Thank weaselbob74
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Staying in Rosemont for one night before flight out we (4 of us) decided to visit Toby Keith's I Love This Bar.. for dinner. Wow, this place is HUGE, and if you like Toby it has some nice memoribilla of his.

The drinks are great, beer in a mason jar was a big mason jar, the food was good, however, my husband ordered a burger and asked the waiter several times if it comes with fresh tomato on it, waiter said no and we all mentioned that my husband is severly allergic to raw tomatoes.

Our waiter reassued all of us that the burgers did not have tomatos on them and I did not see "served with tomato and lettuce" on the menu. When the burgers arrived (I had one too) I noticed something red sticking out of my burger and immediately stopped my husband from eating his.

I looked at his burger and sure enough, raw tomato!!!!!

If had taken just one bite we would have been off to the ER, needless to say we flagged down our waiter, who blamed it on the kitchen. So my husband had to wait for another burger to be made while the rest of us ate our hot food.

Allergies can have life threating effects and the staff needs to be aware of that.

Otherwise our visit was good, would love to see this place on a Friday or Saturday night when there music and more people.