“I guess it's a Southern Thang”

Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

trapped without wheels for the weekend at a hotel up the street, this development is withing walking distance and should provide a venue of dining options and entertainment. Among the selections are a bowling alley with food, a greek place, a bier garten (!), an upscale bar, and of course, a T Keiths. I'm not so sure about how much I loved this place. Characterized by a large 'guitar shaped' bar in the center, which you really cant see standing so cloe to it, until you see the model of it hanging overhead. Quite literally unimpressive. There are large screen tv's across the bar streaming sports, so I wasnt sure if I was in a sports bar, or a country and western venue. I guess the management just punted to be on the safe side.
Seated by the waitress station I had a wide screen's take on the comings and goings of server activity. I was seated quickly (it was early) and order taken. I started with some torilla soup which was hot and tasty. Then I waited. And Waited. And I hate to say, waited some more. I'm guessing my pulled pork sandwhich was still being pulled from the pig. After several eye opening ice teas it finally arrived. Perhaps the plate was exceedingly large, the sandwhich appeared on the small size. There was a smidgeon of sweet tater tots on the plate for which the waitress profusely apologize, and said there'd be more out when cooked (I guess they were still frozen at the time). I was underwhelmed to say the least. I had asked about the St Louis ribs but the waitress could not vouch for the fact they might 'fall off the bone' (which is a personal preference) so i'm glad I didnt go with that. I think the drink to food ratio is kinda high for most patrons, so none of the other reviews should be taken without that in mind. A large dance floor to the rear was getting geared up for live music...likely country ;-) but it was scheduled for 10, I'm guessing it didnt get going until well after that, based upon the speed of how everything else seemed to move like molasses. But that's the south for ya. This'd be an accurate replica in snowy Chi town. I did not hang around to see what was in store. It is open until 4 am. Perhaps things got more interistin' at that hour. Certainly, I hope a little less conversation.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Huge venue......sort of like being at a Country Jam 3-day event, except that the band was rock and so loud you couldn't understand what was being sung or played. $5 entry fee not bad, but this isn't what I expected from Toby Keith. There were plenty of bars and standing room, but not enough seating. There were 14 of us and we had already eaten, so were there for the atmosphere and band, both of which were a disappointment. Beer choices were good and not too expensive. Probably won't go back.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

As part of our conference we spent one night out on the town and went to Toby's. The food was very good and the Karaoke was fun. I am not much on bars and was only planning to stay an hour but we ended up staying for over two hours.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Toby Keiths Restaurant was very good. Nothing you probaly couldn't get elsewhere but 3 solid meals for a decent price. Beer was only $4 a glass. Deep Fried Pickles were good. Overall enough variety on menu for everyone.Big stage indoor for weekend live music.Would be willing to go back at night some time. First time in the Rosemont "Entertainment District" What a nightmare for parking there. Lucky it wasn't a Saturday night but I'll have an idea where to park next time. Grab your ticket because they validate parking. Otherwise it's $13

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food was great but the Oklahoma City location is exceptional! We tried the Oklahoma location several years ago and its been on my mind ever since. Here, this waitress was average but overwhelmed with a large party. While she was kind, she didn't have the time to accommodate our requests in a timely fashion. Therefore, we waited approximately 15 minutes before she took our order, rarely had our glasses full and had to ask another waitress for help. I wouldn't say our experience is a microcosm of this restaurant because the other waitresses were attentive and accessible to their patrons.

Their menu has items that are no longer served such as the Fried Hostess Twinkie. Also, the Oklahoma City location has what they call "Calf Fries" which are bull testicles. This was the reason we dined here but unfortunately, this location had no idea what we were talking about. Nevertheless, the food was great and the atmosphere was quite lively. Btw, they have fried bologna sandwiches...