“Great location, reasonalble price but lost in a sea of nearby great restaurants”
Review of Park Tavern

Park Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 86 Restaurants in Rosemont
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bryn Mawr
Transit: Rosemont Blue Line
Description: Park Tavern offers a contemporary spin on the gastropub experience, serving craft beer and authentic food in a casual, urban lodge setting. In warmer months, enjoy a refreshing craft cocktail and the view of The Park from our Sky Bar rooftop lounge. Park Tavern is the perfect meeting place for lunch, dinner or unwinding after work. Whether you are a busy professional grabbing a bite before your flight, or a Rosemont regular, Park Tavern offers dishes you haven't tasted before. From our house-smoked meats to our famous Animal Tots, we have the specialties that will have you coming back for more.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I regularly have meetings in Rosemont and nearby Schiller Park. Park Tavern is located very near the Aloft Hotel. Last night when I flew into O'Hare, my flight was delayed and when I arrived at the hotel, the temperature was below freezing and it was snowing! I opted for the Park Tavern since I was tired, wanted something light and it was so close.

It's in a large, airy space with a large bar, lots of tv's and 20 to 30 different beers on tap. Eating alone, I opted for a seat at the bar. Two young lady bartenders were attentive and very pleasant. I'm not a beer drinker, but my usual grey goose martinis were served cold and well shaken. Blue cheese stuffed olivers are available on request.

The menu was sparse and somewhat unusual. For example, it offered deviled eggs with buffalo sauce as an appetizer. It also offered a number of salads, including a pear roasted mixed green salad. It offered two 1/2 lb steaks (strip and filet) with mashed potatoes. It also offered a variety of burgers each with a different topping accompanied by fries. It also offered a foot long cheese sandwich (I found hard to imagine) and a mac and cheese of the day as an entree. When I asked, the mac and cheese was mixed with chicken. A number of menu items are foot noted as being available in a vegetarian format.

I tried the deviled egg appetizer (six halves - more than I could eat) which were really quite tasty with the buffalo sauce drizzle giving it a very nice, but gentle, kick. I also had the mixed green salad with grilled pear. It was huge. The dressing was really quite good and the roasted pear was perfect. Again, I couldn't eat the entire salad.

As for wine choices, simple but very nice for a sports type bar. I had a clos de bois chardonnay and enjoyed it as a nice accompaniement to my grilled pear salad.

Everything was quite nice and somewhat unique. The problem is that it's lost in a sea of great restaurants! Had the weather been better, I would have chosen to eat at Capital Grille, McCormick and Schmicks or Gibson's Steak House, all really great restaurants and all within walking distance of the Aloft Hotel and the Park Tavern. In fact, yet another restaurant has popped up right next to the Aloft, a Brazilian Steak House. I haven't eaten there yet, but I recently had the pleasure of eating at a Brazilian Steak House in Memphis and look forward to eating at another!

If a comfortable meal at a reasonable price in a bar like environment with lots of beer on tap is what you're looking for, you have found the right place.

1  Thank Thomz12345

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I came across this place through Open Table. It is in a mall area near OHare. You park in a parking garage & they will validate your ticket.
I really enjoyed the PBR beer can chicken. Very tasty & moist. Also had the brussell sprouts. They were very good as well-very large portion. My only complaint would be that the brussell sprouts were covered in sea salt-there was too much. Not too busy, lots of TVs for sports.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Everytime I'm staying in the Rosemont area I stop by and at least have a drink. Always a good selection of beer on tap, with some changing constantly. The food always comes up great with no disappointment. Never can go wrong with the Mac n Cheese. On the weekends the place gets crowded and exciting with a house DJ.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We got here and were told that it would be an hours wait for a table. We gave our number, went and spent our money at another place, then came back to Park Tavern. We asked about our table, was told it would be a few minutes, then were seated. The table we were seated at had "reserved" signs on it, and it was already placed for 5, when there were three of us. After some confusion between the host and the server, they took our drink orders and removed the reserved signs. We ordered our food, it took a long time. We had drinks while we waited, so it seemed ok. The odd part was, after our food arrived (almost an hour), we received a text stating that our table was now ready. What saves this from being a mediocre review is that we all actually loved the food! It was hard for me to give this place as good a rating as I did, but the food was good.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Unless you're a smaller person, don't bother even trying to go here! Unbelievable how many seats they have crammed into this place! We were seated at a booth on the far side of the restaurant, so we had to literally squeeze between people at the tables and the people seated at the bar! Needless to say, your butt is gonna either graze someones head or somebody's bar stool (that is...hoping they're facing the bar! LOL!)! God forbid you have a bad bladder like me, you'll have to cross the room again! Ugh! I had the ¨Beer Mussels¨ which did have good flavor and I ate them all! For my entree, I ordered the ¨House Smoked Baby Back Ribs¨...skip it! VERY disappointing since this is supposedly supposed to be a ¨smoke house¨! LOL! For my two sides, I ordered the ¨Mashed & Truffled Gravy¨...just awful!! We got better mashed potatoes with our school lunches as a kid! And the ¨Jalapeno Bacon Mac¨...laughable!! No taste at all...my mac and cheese is better than this!