First of all, do not plan to drive and park at this hotel without expecting to pay $17 per day! Right now, end of April 2007, the front entrance is under construction. You cannot pull a car anywhere near the temporary front entrance as it is blocked off. There is no parking on the street either, other than a few handicapped spaces across the street from the entrance. So ... you have to have someone stay with the car while you trek (w/luggage) up to the front entrance to check in, or you have to park & pay $17. Guests do have in-and-out parking privileges, though. (We were turning in a rental car at OHare and so we were going to be without wheels for the night.) The shuttle to and from the airport was convenient, and free.
The hotel itself is verrrrrry spread out. You will do some walking, even from the parking lot. You walk across the distance to get to the front desk, then if your room is on the other side of the property, you will have to walk all the way back again. The layout inside is terrible. We were in the executive area, but it was impossible to find the bank of elevators without having to ask two staff members along the way. No clear signs!
If you are walking, there is nowhere near the hotel to eat. Just the restaurant on site or in one of the other hotels nearby. In order to get to the "El" you have to walk a good half mile or so. So be prepared. If you are in relatively good shape, it's not bad and it's certainly a cheaper way to stay then in the Loop. However, the "el" ride into downtown Chicago takes about 30-40 minutes.
The room itself was fine - clean, large and comfortable. But I don't think it made up for the horrible logistics w/parking and all the construction. Nor the fact that there is nowhere within walking distance to eat. I'd stay somewhere else if I could do it again ... even some of the "lower star" properties anywhere n the O'Hare area would have been a better choice. At least they have free parking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare International Airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel