3,617 results
All reviews red bar american grill convention center sound machine close to the airport large hotel park sleep fly business conference o'hare airport king room shuttle service parking garage o hare blue line outlet mall free shuttle hotel shuttle
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed here for a business conference and found the hotel clean and comfortable. It's only about 15 minutes from the airport, and there's a free airport shuttle which runs pretty frequently, so all in all it's a pretty convenient place for business.

That being said, if you're there like I was, without a car but with some free time in the evenings or between conference sessions, it's a real shame to be staying there. There's nothing really within walking distance, and the train to downtown Chicago is about 45 minutes, so it's a real hassle and not doable when you just have a one hour slot of free time. The hotel restaurant and bar are overpriced (don't eat the pizza in the bar - it was really chewy and salty), but those are pretty much your only options (though there is a pricey steakhouse that you can walk to).

The $9.99 internet fee per day is also expensive - OK for a business trip, but not if you're traveling on vacation. The plus is that there is a nice gym free of charge (I know some business hotels charge for gym access). This gym is open 24 hours with 3 bikes, 5 treadmills and 4 elliptical machines and some free weights and nautilus machines. Much better than most hotel gyms.

2  Thank tigersandbears
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I attended a convention at this hotel with a friend. We've gone to the convention before and usually stayed at the Embassy Suites, but this time only we decided to stay at the hotel where the convention was.

Despite the convention taking place there EVERY YEAR, they were still unprepared for the number of people, and it was obvious. Our first issue was bringing our bags in. We were told to move our car every minute or so while we unloaded in the unloading zone. This seemed to be for no reason whatsoever but to make us take three times as long to unload. At a point, we had a bellman helping us with our bags. We planned to tip him, but he literally dropped our bags on the ground when an older couple pulled up in a nicer car (not that our brand new Toyota is a clunker, but they had a Lincoln). That is absolutely beyond rude. Luckily nothing broke, but we had to gather all of our stuff from the parking lot that he dropped. Needless to say, getting our stuff in was so horrible that we just carried our things in several trips to the parking garage (all the way over at the Rosemont Convention Center as the Hyatt's was full of people who presumably had not bought a room) when we left so as to avoid the idiocy.

We found that they gave us a one-bed room despite our request for a two-bed room and despite the fact that we paid extra. I had to negotiate with the front desk to get a roll-away brought in for free for our friend. Our room was tiny, smaller than my bedroom as a child, including the bathroom. It was fancy, though, and we lived. The windows were spectacular for people-watching at the convention.

More bad service... when we got to our room, we discovered that there was only one set of towels. We called the front desk and were told to go get our own towels. They gave us directions from our room all the way across the (very crowded now) hotel to the storage room. I had to get through the tiny elevators which were already packed with people all the way down to the storage room on the first floor, get our towels, and come back. The rest of the weekend, they refused to clean our room. They said that there were "too many people in the hotel to service everyone". This is, of course, despite the fact that each room paid at least $140 per night to be there.

The last day, they gave us all free lunch for our trouble, presumably so we wouldn't write a bad review, but the frustration of staying in their hotel far outweighed anything they could have done except comp our room and possibly everyone else's who they treated so badly that weekend.

After this year, I have determined that I hate Hyatt hotels and am going to make an effort to avoid their chain. They are greedy, lazy, and unprofessional as a chain. Their telephone customer service center will go out of its way to be rude to you. They charge too much for their rooms and never deliver. They have taken coffee makers out of most of their rooms (cutting corners again). They charge for Internet, printing, using their business center, probably will start charging extra to use the pool, when they even have one. Many of their hotels are dangerous or were in the past (like the Hyatt in Rosemont, with too few and too small elevators for a convention center hotel... I took the stairs all weekend because it was safer).

Overall, Hyatt sucks.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank wraithofmusic
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I organize quarterly business meetings for a small government-funded group. We pick O'Hare about once or twice a year because it's a direct flight for the groups who travel from across the country. Rosemont is most convenient, so we've stayed in various hotels here (Doubletree, Embassy, and now the Hyatt Regency). I think we've found the best one yet.

This is a large hotel that is used to catering to groups. This means their service and preparations are spot on. They were very responsive to requests and everything was provided as requested.

All the rooms have been recently renovated with ridiculously large flat screen TVs. I found the remote to be a little slow in flipping channels, but I realize that's a somewhat slight complaint. Views may be of a parking garage, trees, or the distant view of downtown Chicago. I saw the room of a coworker's: king size bed, previously mentioned large TV, etc. As a meeting planner, I had some perks and was placed in a Plaza Suite with a nice seating area and desk as well. The bed - oh my goodness. Extremely comfortable. Complimentary toothpaste in the bathroom was a nice touch - both my colleague in the standard king and I had this in our rooms. Chris P. checked me in and out of the hotel - great customer service.

Dining options are available, though I would perhaps wish for one additional restaurant option in the hotel. My grandparents tell me there used to be a lovely hotel on the top floor, but that is no longer the case. There is a gift shop with coffee and prepackaged items, the full service restaurant O'H with breakfast and lunch buffet alongside a full menu, and the hotel also had a separate quick serve line of sandwich items and other options set up for all guests during lunchtime. Room service was prompt; no problems. There was a pretty decent kids' menu - see pic.

The free shuttle is convenient and was quick when we needed it. It does stop at the Hyatt Rosemont as well fyi. As part of our room rate, my guests received free internet. Otherwise, is it a $9.99 a day charge. I got a group rate that included the full breakfast buffet with the room. It was a good choice for sure with standard meats, eggs, pancakes or french toast, fruit, lovely pastries, etc. Our group rate also included parking, but no one utilized that perk since we all took the shuttle from the airport.

The hotel was quite busy when we were there with another very large meeting (US Aquatic Society) in addition to other smaller corporate meetings. So while there were lots of people and younger ones walking around, it wasn't a problem. There was a queue when checking in, but they had a staff member directing the line and it moved at a good pace.

None of my guests had any problems or complaints. I asked my colleagues and they stated this was a good venue and would recommend choosing it in the future. Having been on the meeting planning side of it and attending the meeting myself, I would absolutely recommend this venue.

2  Thank SunnyInCleveland
Reviewed September 13, 2009

On a stopover/break in a long trip, I used Priceline to deal me out a hotel at Chicago O'Hare. I was given the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. As a Platinum-level traveler with Hyatt I was surprised to get the room pictured here.

Check-in (on a Sunday) was slow and I opted for the automated check-in. I found the third one working, and was given a room with odd instructions to find it. This was the first warning bell - basically, the room could only be accessed by going out the parking garage exit, and up a flight of stairs (no elevator, not cool with lots of luggage).

There are maybe 10 rooms in this "annex", all looking to be pie shaped, and I felt like I was at a business hotel in Japan.

This is about the smallest hotel (not motel) room I've ever had in the US. Oddly shaped, facing the airport (noisy but I sleep thru anything), and only a shower in the bath.

Apparently during the last renovation Hyatt figured out a way to get Priceline customers and "punish" them for their use of this service at the same time. Hyatt should be ashamed to put their name on such accommodation.

2  Thank JimmyMc
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Save your money. This is not a 4 star hotel. I've stayed here a couple of times now (unfortunately), and this is not a good place to stay. You can get this place real cheap on priceline.com... it's not worth it.

Date of stay: August 2009