“Nicer O'hare airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California
“Nicer O'hare airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2009

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are nicely sound-proofed against the airplane noise. We booked a regular room, but were given a small suite. The furniture was nice, and everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The shuttle service from O'hare was quick and we did not have to wait long. The personal at check-in were quick and helpful. The soap and shampoo were of nice quality. The bathroom was very clean, but a bit small given how nice the rest of the room was.

• Liked — Convenient, clean, nice
  • Disliked — charge for wireless internet, no valet parking
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

There's not much to say about this hotel, we were there for 14 hours in between flights from O'Hare. It is about 5-10 minutes from the airport by free hotel shuttle and it runs 24 hours a day every 30 minutes or so.

We we're in a corner room in Hyatt Passport wing, the room seem above average in size, but the bathroom was smaller then my hall closet. We also had an extra minifridge by the door, the one in the room was full of for pay amenities.

Room was clean had a balcony and a view of the distant city. The hotel seems quit large and had 2 or 3 places to eat, we didn't try them (they we're quite expensive). In fact we just had pizza delivered cause the weather was so awful. Although it did not appear that there was much close buy, but I believe there is a mall close by and you can take the "L" into town, but have to take the shuttle back to ORD to catch it.

According to staff the hotel is under renovation and all that is complete so far is lobby which looks nice, rooms are in the process, and we were not in a remodeled one.

If the price is right I will stay here again.

• Liked — Great rate
  • Disliked — TINY Bathroom
  • Stayed December 2008
1 Thank rkaradi
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Great stay at Hyatt Regency O'Hare. From the moment I boarded the complimentary airport shuttle the hotel's staff excelled. The employees took pride in their jobs and it showed.

Clean, efficient guest room with fast wireless internet. Shower had great water pressure and bedroom had the comfortable Hyatt Grand Bed. My room still had a box TV, but I was told by April 2009, all guestrooms will be completely refurbished including a flat screen upgrade.

Ate a decent dinner and breakfast at OH's restaurant where again the service was spot on.

High marks to the management at this property. I'll definitely be staying here on my return trips.

• Liked — Gracious service and proximity to O'Hare airport
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank baliben
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

We decided to stay at this hotel on a spur of the moment decision as we were flying out of O'Hare the next day and wanted to stay close to the airport. I had stayed here 30 years ago, when the hotel was new, and remembered it as a nice spot.

When we pulled up to the front in our car, it was very quiet. I went in, to enter into a large, cavernous space with no signage whatsoever. In front of that were stairs and escalators going up so I assumed that something (hopefully the front desk) was there. As I came up the escalators I found a lobby that reminds me of Picasso: although I can appreciate it, it definitely is NOT my taste....ultra modern with some throwbacks to almost the early 60's decor. I found it cold and impersonal. Probably in part because there were so few people around.

I waited in line for nearly 15 minutes before I was helped - although there were only 2 parties in front of me, there was just one desk clerk on duty and the other parties had issues beyond normal check-in procedures. Finally another front office staff member came to help me - he was very helpful and personable. I inquired as to room availability and got a great rate of just $89/nite. Unfortunately, it was disappointing to learn that in order to get a discount as a AAA member the hotel's policy is that it has to be booked through AAA, something of which I have never heard before.

The room was interesting. The decor was quite modern with granite counter in the bathroom, yet at the same time the toilet was the kind without a water tank and the handle connected directly to the pipes, the kind that you would see in old public bathrooms. The tub was very small, as was the entire bathroom. The amenities in the bathroom, however, were nice.

The room decor was obviously newer, and the beds were very comfortable. The sheets were soft, but a big disappoitnment is that the Hyatt has chosen to use a flat sheet (not a fitted sheet) for the bottom sheet on the beds, which results in the bottom sheet coming untucked during the night and making for an uncomfortable sleep.

Also, you have to pay for wi-fi, something that is for me unheard of in a hotel with the reputation of being a Hyatt.

We had dinner in the lobby restaurant. We were greeted and seated promptly, and the service was excellent: attentive without being intrusive. Dinner was very tasty and well presented, although a bit pricey. Decor here was a funky modern, echoing the lobby.

Checkout the next morning was fast and very professional. When I complained about wifi not being free the front desk member apologized and removed the charge from my bill, something that I did not at all expect but certainly reflects the way that I remember Hyatt staff handling matters like this professionally in the past.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Maks37
Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

We stayed in Hyatt for one night between flights and I truly cannot fault this place. OK, so it wasn't the most luxurious 4-star hotel I've ever stayed in, but it certainly met all of our needs for the short stay.
Rooms were clean and comfortable, especially the beds, the hotel itself was quiet and the staff was friendly and helpful. Plus, there's a free shuttle to and from airport.
The only thing I would maybe find little faults with was the bathroom, which wasn't exactly up to the 4-star standards that I've seen in Europe. But it was clean and served its purpose, so can't really complain about that either.
I wouldn't perhaps stay in Hyatt Regency O'Hare for a week's holiday, but for a short stay between the flights (especially for the tiny price we paid for it - £30) it was an excellent choice and I do recommend it.

• Liked — The beds in the room were so comfy.
  • Disliked — The bathroom could have been a little better.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank Applefee
Manitowoc, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

My wife and I needed a place to stay the night before a departing flight from O'Hare. I bid for a 4-star on Pricelene and I got the Hyatt. The room is really not 4-star by most current standards. For example, the Hyatt Place is about 2 notches up from this place. I have to say, this was probably a 4-star in 2005, but not anymore. Personally, the last time I stayed in a room this small was on a cruise ship! I am not kidding when I estimate the square footage of our king room at about 160 Sq. Ft. The room entrance is on an angle and the suitcase barely fit past the dresser. Also, in a 4-star hotel I would expect an LCD TV and the TV was one of those old tube kind... yawn. The carpet appears worn and the room decor is flat. I am glad I am only here for the night. Oh, did I mention, that our room has a view of a concrete wall? Room 201, do yourself a favor and don't check it out. Another thing, self-parking is $20. The $20 is in addition to the amount I paid on Priceline. Onions to Priceline for not telling me about the parking fee while booking. Anyway, I needed a fridge and that cost me another $20. The beds are...well...imagine if you took a mattress pad and put it on a bed in a budget motel and voila! that is exactly what you get at the Hyatt Ohare. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel. Lastly, good luck finding this place. Had it not been for my GPS I NEVER would have found it! Good travelling....

• Liked — Nice bar of soap.
  • Disliked — Decor, cleanliness, room configuration, amenities, bed, bathroom, etc...
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank JohnnyReview
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

Personal disclosure: I don't really like huge, convention/airport hotels. So, as far as they go, this is probably a pretty good one. We stayed at the O'Hare Hyatt with a group to attend a Northwestern - OSU game. We had a view of a highway clover leaf. It would have been better if the hotel had been configured to have atrium views/balconies, which has an interesting wheel and spoke design. The hotel was clean and had all the amenities that you'd expect from a hotel of this level. One exception -- the shower was substandard and noisy. The hotel's remote location from other eating options puts you at a disadvantage if you don't favor the $24 breakfast buffet.

• Liked — Interesting design elements
  • Disliked — Size and location in the middle of no where
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank Keithcu
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare
Doubletree Hotel Chicago O'Hare Airport - Rosemont

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!