“A nice hotel, but bad customer service”

Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I recently stayed here, and not by choice- our airline stranded us in Chicago overnight, so they put us up in this hotel. And I'll say that despite the inconvenience, staying here was better than camping out in the hotel. The hotel and grounds are great. My room was very nice, very clean and comfortable.

But I had a very bad experience with service which will deter me from ever staying here again. Despite it being early evening when check-in times are at their busiest, there were only two employees working the front desk (with one of them servicing only club members and VIPs). Since we were booked last minute by the airline, we couldn't use the automated kiosks. It took a half hour before I made it to the front desk. And when I was finally at the desk and was in the middle of my check-in process, some random "VIP" type customer walked up to the employee that was helping me and started complaining about something. That employee then asked me to hold on while he helped this other guy who decided he was too good to have to wait in line like everyone else. I waited another good 15 minutes (the receptionist literally asked me to "please stand aside and hold on while I help this other gentleman") while this rude VIP person got whatever the heck he wanted. When I finally restarted my check-in, the receptionist didn't even apologize for putting me on hold mid-transaction.

I can't imagine a more rude way to treat a guest, or poorer form of customer service. I was essentially shown that as a guest of the airline, I was not worth their time or consideration. Just terrible. Since I'm in the area regularly for business, I will never stay here again, and I will asked to be booked elsewhere if the airline needs to provide me a hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jerry E
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your information regarding your recent stay with us. We are very disappointed to hear about the recent stay you had at Hyatt Regency O'Hare. We will use the feedback you provided us as a good training opportunity to better train our associates and ensure great customer service to all of our guests despite the reason for being there. We hope we have the opportunity to show you our improved customer service in the future!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We arrived late and were very tired. Check-in was a breeze. The bell-hop was kind and courteous. The room was absolutely gorgeous. Of all the higher-end hotels we have stayed in, we always measure them by the Hyatt at O'Hare. Everything was right. Yes, there is usually something to complain about -- but not at this place. We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The classic Hyatt design is surpassed by the customer service. I love this layout with the open lobby that extends to all floors. I was here for a business meeting. Their customer service was outstanding throughout.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 19, 2014

we stayed overnight at this hotel for a funeral nearby. the hotel is very modern looking but their computers were down when we checked in and there was a long line. our room was nice and clean but they charge an arm and leg for things like parking, internet, and breakfast. there is also alot of noise from the airport. we probably would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiMerryTravels

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We are disappointed to heart that you were unhappy with certain aspects of your stay. Please feel free to reach out to the Hotel directly so we can better assist you and ensure a more comfortable stay with us in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 5 day stretch (4/11 thru 4/15) to attend a continuing education conference for my profession. The grand ballroom where the continuing education lectures were held was great. There was not a bad seat in the ballroom. The video screens displaying the presenters' slides were clearly seen from any seat in the room. The audio was great also--no glitches w/ the presenters' microphone. My room was in the "Executive Wing" of the hotel. I was on the 25th floor. The view from my room was of the highway, train station, and a parking garage (not stellar). The room itself was comfortable. I heard ZERO noise from the neighboring rooms and only occasional noise from the main floor hallway. The hotel has no swimming pool. The town where the hotel is located (Rosemont, Il) has few convenient options for dining. Almost 95% of my meals I had to eat at the hotel dining options which added up costs quickly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. Next time that you are in Rosemont you should check out the MB FInancial Park at Rosemont that has several dining options within walking distance of the Hotel. There are also several other restaurants nearby that our concierge would be more than happy to help you book a reservation at!

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The staff was incredibly helpful and attentive. I can't say that enough. Even in the O'h restaurant the staff was wonderful. Our room was of average size, not big or small. Location is about a 10 minute walk to the Rosemont stop on the Blue line. I highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Lovemymutts

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night before our trip to Hawaii & everything was great! We were able to check in early & the lady at the counter was super friendly. She told us all about the amenities that the hotel provides & also about the shuttle to O'Hare, which runs every 15 minutes.

We had a king room & was ok for one night. The bathroom is super small, but served its purpose.

We had a great view of planes coming into & leaving O'Hare and never had a problem with the noise.

I highly recommend using ParkSleepFly.Com if flying out of O'Hare for one night. We got a great rate of $139, which can't be beat. Enjoy!

Stayed: April 2014