I recently stayed here, and not by choice- our airline stranded us in Chicago overnight, so they put us up in this hotel. And I'll say that despite the inconvenience, staying here was better than camping out in the hotel. The hotel and grounds are great. My room was very nice, very clean and comfortable.
But I had a very bad experience with service which will deter me from ever staying here again. Despite it being early evening when check-in times are at their busiest, there were only two employees working the front desk (with one of them servicing only club members and VIPs). Since we were booked last minute by the airline, we couldn't use the automated kiosks. It took a half hour before I made it to the front desk. And when I was finally at the desk and was in the middle of my check-in process, some random "VIP" type customer walked up to the employee that was helping me and started complaining about something. That employee then asked me to hold on while he helped this other guy who decided he was too good to have to wait in line like everyone else. I waited another good 15 minutes (the receptionist literally asked me to "please stand aside and hold on while I help this other gentleman") while this rude VIP person got whatever the heck he wanted. When I finally restarted my check-in, the receptionist didn't even apologize for putting me on hold mid-transaction.
I can't imagine a more rude way to treat a guest, or poorer form of customer service. I was essentially shown that as a guest of the airline, I was not worth their time or consideration. Just terrible. Since I'm in the area regularly for business, I will never stay here again, and I will asked to be booked elsewhere if the airline needs to provide me a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine from around the country. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel