Hyatt Regency O'Hare
$212
$171
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare(Rosemont)(Great Value!)
$255
$154
Sheraton.com
  • Room Service
3,309 results
All reviewsred baramerican grillconvention centersound machineclose to the airportlarge hotelpark sleep flybusiness conferenceo'hare airportking roomshuttle servicegift shopparking garageblue linedowntown chicagoo hareoutlet mall
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Hotel was nice. Was in town for a business conference. Easy to grab the shuttle from the airport. Was able to check in on the shuttle so could go straight to my room. Room was nice; nothing special about it. Airport noise wasn't too bad, but they do have ear plugs and a sound machine in each room if you are noise sensitive. You can walk to the metro stop (about 10 minutes) and go into the city.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Emily M
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night and did the Park and Fly package. I choose this hotel over the Marriott because they allow you to park in the parking structure instead of outside. The last thing I wanted to do when I returned from vacation was dig my car out of the snow. The hotel itself is beautiful with a great location in Rosemont and clean/fancy rooms. I have to say that I am most pleased with the service. Ron, the front desk manager, made our stay fantastic. We waited to check in for no longer than 2-3 minutes while Ron was taking a business phone call. This did not bother us at all, however Ron stated that he was sorry the call took long and upgraded us to an Executive Suite for free!!! This is the qualities of a great manager who has great customer service skills. It definitly started our vacation out with a smile. The shuttle over to the airport was on time and the driver was very friendly. I am a Marriott rewards member and usually stay at Marriott's, however with the service I recieved at this Hyatt property I will be now be a Hyatt customer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian N
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review and we are very pleased to hear that Ron was able to show you authentic hospitality during your recent stay with us! It is also great to hear that you will be staying at Hyatt properties more often, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! We hope that you enjoyed your vacation!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

After a flight cancellation, I stayed here one night in December 2013. The hotel certainly met my needs for a reasonable price.

The hotel is very close to ORD and offers shuttle service every few minutes from the bus and shuttle center. The shuttle drivers were polite and helpful; they did a good job keeping everyone's bags organized on a very busy shuttle.

Check-in at the hotel was welcoming and efficient. My Hyatt Diamond status was recognized by the team member and I was assigned a room that met my preferences. Check-out was similarly easy. I appreciated that the hotel offered me 4p late checkout (as to all Diamond members); that really helped me get work done the next day.

The room was fine, but there were some issues. The television entertainment system wasn't working--I could watch TV, but not rent movies, etc. (I was in the mood to rent a recent release on a night that I hadn't expected to stay in a hotel). The heating in the room was poor--you could feel the draft coming in strongly through the closed window, and the HVAC system responded very poorly to any attempted variation in the settings. The room's decor was nice, but there was some "rough around the edges" signs in the hallways--chipping paint on some doors, black marks on some walls, etc.

I am a bit perplexed by the layout of the hotel. The hotel's "executive wing," where the rooms are apparently larger, is where elite members of Gold Passport are placed. That's a nice touch. However, the Regency Club lounge is immediately behind the front desk--a VERY long walk from the executive wing. So, if you wanted to enjoy breakfast, grab a cup of coffee, etc. from the lounge, you had a very long walk to get there and then to get back to the room. I'm surprised the hotel doesn't put the Regency Club lounge closer to where guests who are using it are staying. The Regency Club lounge itself was fine--a decent spread at breakfast and in the evening; it's a pretty small room with no windows.

Overall, it was a fine stay, especially for an airport hotel. I would not hesitate to book again--but I would also look at other ORD properties as I evaluated where to stay again at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the valuable feedback you provided us regarding the Regency Club, guest rooms, as well as some of our walkways/hallways. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly so we can work together to fix the issues and concerns in the guest room you stayed in as well as regain your confidence. Please feel free to call the front desk at your earliest convenience! Otherwise, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I didn't plan to stay here but had to stay the night due to a flight cancellation so had only arrived quite late. Staff were very helpful in checking that we had everything we needed and checking in was fast and efficient. Had something to eat in the bar which was very nice, nice friendly staff in there also. Room was nice and very spacious. Had to leave very early the next day to get a flight but a pleasant stay...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyatt Regency O'Hare next time you are passing through Chicago!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hotel is spectacular. It is a large hotel with many amenities catered to conferences. Top notch service, staff is polite and professional, and the location is nice for airport travel. You should not have a problem with the room (I stayed in executive wing). Large, spacious, and includes a great desk with all the accommodations a businessman needs, including printing you can send from your Smart TV which is half TV half Computer (includes wireless keyboard and mouse). Next to the bed is a speaker that can play ocean, thunder, river, white noise, etc to help with those who need background noise when sleeping although hotel is not noisy at all. If that is good enough, there are packaged earplugs for your use next to the bed as well (If your husband snores I guess). I did not need it. Honestly there is not a single thing to complain about as far as accommodations and beat my already high expectations.

With that being said, beware of hidden costs. Parking is $25/day if you drove. Internet is not free. Basic internet is $10/day, premium $15/Day, and premium plus $20/day. I recommend the premium, basic is much too slow. These are not unreasonable hidden costs and the only ones I ran into thus far, but I thought it would be good information to have when booking. Even with the hidden costs, still a great value (I paid $109) compared to other hotels in the area and would highly recommend this hotel.

I am a Medical Student who stayed here for one night to take Step 2CS boards, traveled by car and would recommend to all Medical Students who are looking to do the same. Testing site is 5 min from Hotel. My review is based on my opinions and moderate experience staying in hotels.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Minnesotaguy121

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you feel our accommodations exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your feedback about our parking and internet charges. These charges are very similar to what you would expect to find at other Hotels in the market. Valuable feedback like yours, however, is very helpful in improving the experience for all of our guests. Thank you again for your review. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future!