Another annual trip for a church-based convention, this time to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. This property has been around awhile, but the owners have kept it in very good shape. It was easily able to host our medium-sized (400 attendee) five-day gathering, plus a modeling agency weekend casting call just before us and a big anime convention afterward -- along with the steady parade of flight crews checking in and out, and assorted business types that are this property's bread and butter.
As part of our convention staff, we stayed in a "plaza suite" in the executive wing -- one side with a seating area and large table serving as a desk, with a separate bedroom; there was also a connecting standard room with two beds. The main suite had an open mini-fridge plus another for a mini-bar (didn't use the latter), and two 32" HD TV's with a large channel lineup. All functioned well. Beds were very comfy. The rooms were clean as a whistle. Only the slightest bit of wear and tear on some furniture.
Bathrooms are Hyatt Regency standard, which are a bit small but functional and well stocked with toiletries. Good, steady shower that stayed hot with full pressure.
Staff was friendly and helpful all-around. No significant issues. Climate control was excellent everywhere; that was a problem at a Hyatt in Columbus where our group met last year.
It's a Hyatt, so you're paying a bit more than you would elsewhere, but our convention cut a pretty good deal. Parking is expensive, as is on-site dining. In-room WiFi is extra, as it is also in meeting rooms unless your group negotiated a deal (ours didn't), but WiFi in the lobby and adjacent common areas is free and good, and there are many seating areas in the expansive lobby area that are designed mainly for computer users, including a pair of counters downstairs. Electrical outlets there are abundant, the most I've ever seen in such a setting. All were well used for computers and for charging phones and tablets. It is obvious that this is a business-minded hotel.
Location is superb, with O'Hare only a shuttle bus away. The Rosemont L station (Blue Line) is in walking distance. Other dining is in the area, and the hotel is right next door to the Stephens Convention Center. Noise from airplanes and L trains was evident at sometimes, especially in outer meeting rooms.
All in all, an excellent job. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an iconic O’Hare airport hotel with cutting-edge design and dramatically transformed public space and guestrooms. Groups of all sizes appreciate the grand venues offering innovative catering and unrivaled services at our hotel. Invite friends to join you for cocktails at the enticing Red Bar, or dine in the hip, contemporary O’H American Grill serving mouthwatering traditional American cuisine from around the country. Plush Hyatt Grand BedsTM, deluxe amenities and welcoming touches await you in the remodeled rooms of our exceptional hotel. Guests love our stunning lobby and sunny atrium, easy check-in service, friendly staff and bright, elegant rooms with contemporary décor and high-tech features. Warm yet classy, Hyatt Regency O’Hare boasts an impressive modern aesthetic that speaks to business and leisure travelers alike. With quick access to both O’Hare airport and downtown Chicago, Hyatt Regency O’Hare is the ideal accommodation for every visitor to the Windy City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency o`Hare Hotel Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Rosemont
- Hyatt O'hare
- Hyatt Rosemont
- Hyatt Regency Ohare Hotel