Hyatt Regency O'Hare
$179
$158
$153
  • Restaurant
Chicago Marriott Suites O'Hare(Rosemont)(Great Value!)
$255
$154
Sheraton.com
  • Room Service
3,306 results
All reviewsred baramerican grillconvention centersound machineclose to the airportlarge hotelpark sleep flybusiness conferenceo'hare airportking roomshuttle servicegift shopparking garageblue linedowntown chicagoo hareoutlet mall
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I guess I should have had lower expectations when coming here, but I didn't. And subsequently, was disappointed. The Hyatt and I got off on the wrong foot from the get go at check in. The front desk clerk could not find my registration and told me there was no record of a reservation and flippantly said that they were sold out -- basically saying I was S.O.L.. Luckily, I had my confirmation number and she figured out that my name was misspelled in the system. Not sure why she couldn't have searched by my first name, which is not exactly common, but I digress. She then asked for my credit card and I told her that there should be one on file, as I was traveling on business and our office manager had supplied a card to take care of all charges. After going back and forth several times, lo and behold, she found it.

Overall hotel decor: A mixture of yuck and awe. Very old fashioned concrete decor with cliche green house plants lining the halls. Dark and dreary carpet in the hallways. On the other hand, there was some cool lighting fixtures and art, and the restaurants were new, modern and nice.

The room: It must have been part of the attic back in the day. Situated in the corner of the 11th floor (very hard to find) and accessible only by STAIRS. In all fairness, I was warned by the front desk about the "10 steps", but in actuality it was 18 full stairs, which when you are lugging a 45 lb suitcase, a carry-on bag and your purse, is a long way up. The room was a weird shape and smaller than my bedroom at home. The decor was a mismatch of old and new. The bathroom was the size of a closet (I actually banged my forehead on the shower wall by simply turning around if that gives you any indication of the size). Oh, and my tv didn't work either. I had to call the tech who had to reboot the system and still couldn't get it working. He said he'd have someone come up in 30 minutes. Being impatient, I fiddled around with it and fixed it myself. I called back and told them to cancel the service call, which they said they would. 20 minutes later, 2 dudes came banging at my door to fix the tv.

By that time, I was starving so I called room service who took my order and asked how I wanted to pay for it. I told him to bill the credit card on file and he said that there wasn't one. Back and forth we went and he said ok. 3 minutes later he called back: no credit card on file. So I had to call the front desk, who confirmed once again, that indeed there was a card on file. Room service showed up, the food was pretty decent and they had added in an extra appetizer at no charge for my troubles. After eating, I put my room service tray outside the door and it was still there in the morning at 9:30 am. Not good.

Next, at 8am, my friend who was also staying at the Hyatt called me asking where I was. Apparently there was a fire alarm and the entire hotel was evacuated. Now don't get me wrong, it was a false alarm and I was glad not to have lost sleep & been inconvenienced by some idiot who as it turns out, put a hanger on a sprinkler head (despite a huge sign next to it with a picture of a hanger hanging on a sprinkler head with a huge "x" over it) ... but it got me thinking. What if it was a real fire?? I am not a heavy sleeper and did not hear any sort of alarm AT ALL. In fact, I heard my phone ring but not the alarm. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said that the rooms don't have alarms but only the hallways. So consider your safety before staying in some remote corner attic room if there is a fire. #youwillbedoomed.

Coffee shop: Let's get this straight. It's NOT a Starbucks. They serve Starbucks coffee, but so what? I have Starbucks in my kitchen at home. Doesn't mean I have a "Starbucks." Anyway, I ordered an iced soy latte. When I got it, it literally had white CHUNKS floating in it! When brought to their attention, they said, "Oh it always looks like that." Look sister, I am from California and I know soy milk and I have never had chunks floating in my coffee and thought that was normal and acceptable. I was actually in a hurry and after checking the sell-by date with them, I took my chances and drank it. I'm alive and well, but they may want to change the brand of soy they use if this is a normal occurrence. May I suggest Silk?

The gym. Pretty good. Nice, new machines w/tvs, but I guess I expected more considering that I heard this hotel recently underwent 60 million dollars worth of renovations (clearly not spent on the rooms). Kind of small but it served its purpose nicely.

Restaurant: Enjoyed the breakfast buffet and all of the options. Very good.

So all in all, it was just OK ... I guess it could have been worse, but it definitely could have been much, much better. Summary: I checked out a day early and moved to the city to The James hotel (see other review) , which was the best decision I could have made.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank K4Lakers
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

We were so disappointed to hear about your stay. We sincerely apologize that we were not able to provide you with the service that we try to always provide to our guests. We would love to address your concerns and welcome you back in the very near future. Your honest feedback is essential for us to continue to improve the service we provide.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for 1 night at this hotel for my business partners from out of the country. When we checked in we expected large 2 queen bed rooms as photos on their website but what we got was very small, yes, about 150-200 square foot rooms with bathrooms as small as, well, you can barely turn around with no bath tub. Is it a Hyatt? I asked the front desk about that and he was very unfriendly and telling me that it's a standard king room with 450sq foot. Something got be wrong! and the coffee machine was small and bad. My guests were very disappointed since they've had very good Hyatt experience before..I was so embarrassed by what we can provide them in America. What makes it worse, there is a Anime conference here and the noise made my guests not able to go to sleep. They don't speak English so asked me to ask help desk if we can switch to other bigger quieter rooms. Frontdesk guy was very rude and he said that there's no other rooms available, you got what you got! I was so angry that I just can fall asleep until now, well 1:23 am in the morning! This is so so bad experience, and I've got my business partners from Asia came all the way to visit me just to tell me that they don't like it!!!!!
By the way, at the frontdesk I asked them to book me as high floor as possible and she said there's only 11 stories. It turns out that there are more than 11 stories in this hotel and there are 2100 rooms altogether. I highly doubt that they don't have other rooms. Lies , lies. Bad service bad service. I'll never ever book a Hyatt!
I hate Hyatt!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aaeehh

I am truly sorry that you encountered problems during your stay. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared, so that we can work to resolve this from happening in the future. The current layout of our hotel is built on the idea of two "towers." We have 1,096 rooms in our hotel but they are split between both the main tower and the executive wing. In all, we do have 11 stories but the executive wing guest room numbers start at 21 and continue on up from there. We sincerely hope you will join us again, giving us another opportunity.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This Hyatt is just off the freeway near O'Hare Airport. It is not an exotic location for walking to Downtown attractions, but is much less expensive and all the cool Downtown stuff is a short "El" ride away.

I find the enormous open space and greenery in the main lobby very soothing and refreshing -- it is a great place to hang your hat, have a meeting, or layover while passing through.

The staff were extremely personable and the room was great.

Excellent value!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Jeffrey U, thanks for the great review of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare! We agree that our atrium is outstanding and the fresh greenery in our lobby is something that we're very excited to have. The "El" train is a great and convenient way to reach downtown while you're staying with us. We look forward to your return to the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in the near future!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hyatt has always been an odd brand to me, relatively nice properties with a Motel 6 service and amenity set. Example: this O'Hare Hyatt is a nice place, beautiful lobby and bar, nice conference rooms, etc. Very nice television features and comfortable beds. Yet it has thin towels and a bathroom from 1970 and dated rooms overall. Conference facilities are inadequate for very large groups.

Beware that this hotel has plenty of smoking rooms, and you cannot gaurantee yourself out of them. I had to speak with a hotel manager as I was initially checked into a smoker - "which just means people can smoke in it, but really no one does, and it has an air purifier!" - absolutely reeked of smoke. I went to check out and was magically moved into a room "an airline pilot didn't check in to." I didn't ask how he gauranteed his room, didn't care, I don't plan to stay here again unless they drop the smoking rooms entirely - even the risk of one isn't worth the trouble.

Room Tip: Demand a gaurantee of a non smoking room or don't stay here, or smoke. The 4th floor rooms are smokers and 477 smells like a few hundred smokers had a party in there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Bradley A, Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel! To accommodate the needs of everyone we serve, 1% of our guest rooms are smoking rooms; which equals to around 9 rooms here at our hotel. When we are sold out, sometimes we are unfortunately dealt with the situation where we have to put a guest in a room that might not completely fit their wants. We would like the chance to make it up to you! Please email us your contact information at your greatest convenience at chiro.wecare@hyatt.com and we will be hopefully speaking soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Attended a conference here with about 900 colleagues. The hotel was nicely decorated. Beds were comfortable. Housekeeping and food service did an excellent job. Looking forward to going back next year.

Room Tip: I had one with a balcony which was nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your great feedback on your stay at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!