“Families keep looking”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong
“Families keep looking”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had to fly out of country 2 days earlier than expected, so I got this hotel for my wife and two kids. I stayed one evening and they stayed 2 more.

FYI -Parking is $22 a day for guests. The restaurant was closed every day, so there was no where for my family to eat without running across busy intersections and walking for a mile or more in freezing weather. They also try to push their "healthy kids" agenda - which I am cool with as long as there is choice and good things for kids to choose from; you know - things kids will actually eat. That was not the case.

There was no pool and the work out room was lacking.

If you are traveling for business without your family - you may not even notice the cold, institutional, Soviet style concrete decor, but you might notice their 1980's bathroom and comparatively small double beds.

Trying to get information for restaurants in the area that deliver is a waste of time. You might as well put the phone down and just google yourself and call the different pizza places in the Rosemont area.

I have stayed in the Chicago O'hare area many times (I travel more than 300 days a year). There are too many choices for this hotel to even be considered. Honestly. Value hotels in the area are MUCH BETTER - i.e. Holiday Inn express, Four Points by Sheraton, etc. These hotels are new, clean, fresh, offer free (or much cheaper parking), and have much better selections for children menus.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express, Four Points by Sheraton, or the like.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We are so sorry that we were unable to accommodate the needs of your family. We appreciate your honest feedback and will certainly use it to better our service towards families in the future. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time in Chicago and the reason to chose the hotel was that it was close to my work place. Coming from Hyatt Dulles (my last review) this hotel was much better. Although an old building but rooms were nice and spacious. One thing which put me off that the bathroom sink wasn't working properly upon looking I saw some piece of lever/metal that was lying broken below the sink I didn't complain intentionally to see if it gets noticed which surely didnt happen before the room was prepared before my arrival or whenever it was last cleaned and it didn't get fixed for my 3 day stay there.

The breakfast buffet was off but you could order anything Of the menu. The food was great but very slow service.

There are not many options to eat near the hotel. Overall it was a pleasant stay and there are many other options nearby from which you can chose depending on your budget or loyalty programs

Happy travelling

• Stayed March 2013
I am truly sorry that you encountered problems during your stay. I can assure you that your feedback will be shared, so that we can work to resolve this from happening in the future. I sincerely hope you will join us again, giving us another opportunity.
Janesville
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent top notch hotel, shuttle service on time easy to catch. Covered parking for 14 days
Great restaurants. Check in easy, very nice people. Rooms nice. Just high class hotel.
Parking in ramp. Constant running shuttle and very clean and professional. Airport pick up very timely

Room Tip: More expensive than some but we'll worth a very nice place before travel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your review. I can only hope you will consider us again when traveling in and out of O'Hare International Airport.
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This review is about the HYATT REGENCY O’HARE, 9300 Bryn Mawr Av., Rosemont, IL

First exercise caution when boarding the hotel shuttle from ORD since there are actually two HYATT REGENCY properties nearby and grumpy drivers may not be of great help directing you to the hotel you booked.

Check-in was a little bit long (almost 5 minutes) on this Saturday afternoon at 3 PM and being the only guest at front desk but at least I was given the type of room I requested.

This property is huge with an enormous atrium at the center of which are the elevators connected to the room by aerial radiate walkways making it an interesting architectural and futuristic concept.

Rooms are somewhat outdated but comfortable. However, bathroom and especially the shower are tiny (see pictures).

Noise from nearby rooms or from airport traffic was not an issue.

Another positive point is that this hotel is within walking distance (4 minutes) to the Chicago Transit Authority station allowing to ride trains going downtown quite easily.

Room Tip: The higher floor the better
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank HOTELLMEMORE
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can only hope that you will join us again and we will be able to exceed your expectations.
Grand Cayman
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here on business while attending a conference in the convention center next door. The hotel was convenient for the conference due to the covered (and heated) walkway which leads directly to the convention hall. This was a major plus for me since it was freezing February and I had lots of stuff to transport from the hotel to the convention center.

You can tell efforts have been made to make the lobby modern and welcoming, however you cannot ignore the massive ugly concrete structure which the rooms lead off. It is a horrible gray colour even just painting the concrete would brighten the lobby up and make it feel more inviting.

The room itself was comfortable enough, but the daily breakfast buffet was great (not included but worth the money) with lots of options including made to order omelets, pastries, fruit, cereal, hot breakfast items.

Overall the staff were friendly, however service levels can definitely be improved. One morning the server asked for a tip since the day before my companion forgot to add it on as we were in a rush. We had planned on leaving double that morning due to our mistake but since he turned around as asked for a tip which was a very uncomfortable moment for both of us, we reduced the original amount. Then in the bar one evening we just wanted to grab some food after a long day at the convention, however the waitress was more interested in serving a group of gentleman than paying any attention to us, and when she did appear and we did get drinks, she got my order wrong. These incidents took away from an overall great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I am terribly sorry for your experiences at our restaurant and bar. I would truly appreciate it if you would contact me directly so that we can address the individuals. I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,
Nicole Casey
Operations Training Manager
nicole.casey@hyatt.com
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had originally booked a moderately priced hotel a little farther from the Airport. When offered a special deal I took it and did not regret the decision. For just a little more than the moderately priced hotel I got a fabulous room with good surroundings and prompt shuttle service.

The tower rooms are oddly shaped but quiet comfortable. It definitely wasn't your "cookie cutter" type of room. That is not to be construed as a criticism.

When traveling through Chicago in the future I will definitely check for special deals at this hotel before booking another one. The rack rate is more than I normally spend.

Did not try the food service but it looked to be served attractively.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. We truly hope you join us again and try any of our outlets. We are proud to offer some really incredible dishes, from fresh, hand-rolled sushi to organic, sustainable entrees, to lighter fare with perfectly portioned menu items.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was in Chicago for a quick meeting that turned into an overnight. I chose the Hyatt based on reputation and all the amenities that this property listed. It is a very nice hotel. Clean and classy. Fabulous workout area with plenty of machines and weights. A serious fitness center which I really appreciate after seeing so many token ones. Room was a comfortable size and the bed was perfect. This is a good hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind review! Your recommendation means everything to us! If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please do not hesitate to let us know.