“Convenient Conference Center Hotel near Transit and Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Moab Utah
“Convenient Conference Center Hotel near Transit and Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Nice layout. A covered convention center walkway, connects the Hyatt Regency with the convention center, which is welcomed since it snowed my visit.
Extensive 'convenience' collection to keep or borrow for many amenities a traveler may have inadvertently left behind.
Three blocks away you will find entertainment, restaurants, megaplex movie theater and, in winter, an ice skating rink.
This Hyatt has a free airport shuttle. I reserved an Airport Express shuttle and the airport express employee steered me to the Free Shuttle. It is at Door 1 every 15 minutes. Starts at 4:00 AM. Glad my flight didn't require me to go that early.
The Hyatt is a block, two blocks to the Blue Line Train into downtown Chicago, a 40 minute ride one way.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Our shuttle is actually a 24 hour shuttle, running every 30 minutes overnight and every 15 minutes beginning at 4am, but we're glad your flight didn't require you to be so early too! We are proud to offer the extensive conveniance collection for our guests. Thank you for writing this review and we would love for you to stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am a Platinum Member of Hyatt and I stayed at Hyatt Regency O’Hare en route to Istanbul.
My flight arrived after 8 PM in the cold Chicago winter weather but the shuttle to the hotel was waiting outside the terminal and it is heated.
At the hotel Front desk lane for Priority Members was closed—I waited a while before they could check me in, but I was upgraded to the Executive Wing.
The room itself has a minibar- work table – plenty of outlets – true HD programming on the flat screen and bathrobes for guests. I made myself tea with the in room coffee maker. Wi-fi is complimentary for Platinum members. The King bed I got was very comfortable and plenty of pillows with extra in the closet.
The hotel lounge serves food until 12 midnight. I had the Angus Burger w/fries while I watched the Lakers lose again. Very good food at reasonable prices.
The next morning they delivered USA Today to my door which I picked up on my way downstairs for breakfast (I used my AAA membership for free breakfast). They don’t have a morning buffet so I had Cornbeef Hash Omelette which is served with toast and juice or coffee/tea.
The hotel shuttle leaves for the airport every 15 minutes beginning at 5 AM. Late at night it runs every 30 minutes.
Helpful staff and nice property—very big hotel used for conferences and such. I would stay here again if plans require it.

Room Tip: Ask for Executive Wing if you are Member of Hyatt.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our hotel. We hope your travels bring you back when the weather has grown warmer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was an amazing hotel! Was able to check-in from the shuttle bus on the ride from the airport to the hotel. The food, the room and service were amazing! Other than the inconvenience that the hotel is rather far from downtown Chicago, it is minutes walk away from the train.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
We understand that many of our guests have already been waiting before they arrive at our hotel: waiting to fly, waiting for luggage, waiting for the shuttle, etc. The mobile check in is just one of our innovative answers to providing the most quick and efficient service. We are delighted you appreciated it and hope you'll see us again.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed 5 days at this Hotel in September 2011. The rooms were fine but, for the price paid per room, there could have better and free Internet services. I also didn't appreciate ordering salmon in the bar and getting canned salmon! Food in general was so-so and unfortunately few family restaurants in the neighborhood. I thought they might have a pool or hot tub to relax in but NO.

Room Tip: To avoid a long walk from reception, ask for a room immediately next to the elevator. This area can...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We do offer complimentary Internet throughout the guest rooms, public spaces, and food and beverage outlets. In conjunction with our policy of Food. Thoughtfully Sourced, Carefully Served, we are proud to offer Loch Duart. I can assure you that you were not served canned salmon. I apologize if we were unable to meet your expectations.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice, huge, clean hotel. Our room was in one of the round corner sections of the building. It was nice, clean, and modern, but the bathroom is teeny-tiny. Efficient airport shuttle service. Expensive snack bar shop in lobby. Short walk to Blue Line train to downtown Chicago. Professional staff, albeit not overly friendly. Booked through ParkSleepFly.com. Overall, would recommend, however we normally stay at the Renaissance Inn a few miles away, and definitely prefer that hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a few different room layouts and hope you will return to see them. I think with a larger bathroom, we might be able to have you return to us for your next visit.
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

A great way to take the stress out of flying out of O'Hare. My wife and I got to the hotel the night before we planned on leaving O'hare, enjoyed a good meal at the casino across the street and then got a good night's sleep. The shuttle bus took us to the terminal we had to get to, our car was parked free while we were gone, we got picked up at the airport and brought back to our car when we returned. All for less than it would have cost to park for a week at the O'Hare parking lot..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
What a wonderful way to start your trip; right here at the comfort of Hyatt Regency O'Hare. We are delighted to share your review with our team and hope you visit us again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I just returned home from a meeting at this Hyatt. The rooms were nicely decorated and were clean. The fitness center was very nice and the hotel is very close to the airport. The meeting rooms were very nice and the food was all tasty. I would definitely recommend this facility for meetings/conferences.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the meeting location recommendation. We are proud to host meetings and conventions of all sizes, from just a few people to hundreds! I hope you had an opportunity to meet with our dedicated Meeting Concierge team, sporting the latest iPads to keep them as efficient as possible while assisting our meetings and conventions.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemont
Loews Chicago O'Hare Hotel
The Westin O'Hare
#3 of 18 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 stars 1,003 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare

Been to Hyatt Regency O'Hare? Share your experiences!