“Outstanding Choice in a busy area”

Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel is located in one of the busiest areas outside the loop however once you enter, everything change to a lighter touch. The lobby is open and reception is very inviting. The layout of the hotel is very good for those attending conventions at the nearby convention center. I was in the area to meet clients in both the city and northwest suburbs. Access was good for both directions from the hotel. At check in I was welcomed warmly and the follow up was excellent. I enjoyed a couple of nice meals in the Red lounge and a drink in the lobby bar. Room service was delivered in a timely manner and food was prepared well.

Room Tip: If you're not part of a group ask to be placed in the tower farthest from the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

We are extremely accessible for both the city and northwest suburbs. How wonderful that our hotel worked out so well for you. We sincerely hope that you will be joining us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency O'Hare

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed in several properties around the Donald Stevens Convention Center (Ohara Airport) Most are okay but the Hyatt is a bit better. It is large and the parking can be a bit confusing as you have to pass the cab stand and many loading docks for the convention center. The parking lot winds around and can lead to some confusion in trying to park near an entrance door. I have been staying at this property since 2002 and have always found the staff friendly, check in very fast and the rooms clean and accomodating. The elevators are numerous and fast. Breakfast is a bit expensive but the buffet was very good. Their coffee was better than most hotels so I did not have to buy Starbucks!
If you are just staying overnight to catch a flight then this is a good place to be.

Room Tip: There is nothing really to see around this area so any room is okay from my perspective.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We greatly appreciate your decade of business! Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We sincerely hope that we will continue to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

There were multiple conventions going on and simply too many people in the hotel. It was often difficult to get an elevator. One particular set of conventioners was extremely noisy and I heard slamming doors, running up and down the halls, and yelling all through the night, making it very difficult to get a good night's sleep. This group also loitered all around the lobby, making it difficult to get through to the sleeping quarters, ballrooms for meetings, restaurant, and front desk. The hotel is 40 years old and had been recently remodeled, but the bathroom should have been gutted, including the tub, tiles, and toilet. The hotel is a short walk to the train station, but the train (L) ride is a long ride to downtown. The shuttle to and from O'Hare was very helpful. I will try very hard not to stay there on future trips to the area. This was definitely not a $200/night experience--$79 is more like it.

Room Tip: I was told the Executive Towers were bigger than the atrium. I had a room in the Executive Towers an...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

We understand that providing a good night's rest is the most basic component we can provide. We are truly regretful that we were unable to provide that for you. Please feel free to contact us directly in regards to exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

the hyatt rosemont is connected to the rosemont conventio center via a walkway. this hotel is primarily a business hotel supporting the convention center and o'hare airport. rooms are very nice, well maintained and up to date. main hotel is attractive and clean. I stayed in the executive wing, which is quiter than the main hotel and i connected by a short walk through a connecting walkway. the executive wing has only 2 double beds in the rooms. this hotel has only one restaurant and one bar with food service. breakfast includes an $18 buffet and is good with the usual items.
overall, if you are visiting the rosemont, this is a nice hotel

Room Tip: ask for the executive wing if you want a quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have rooms with king beds and double beds available in the main tower as well as the Executive Wing. We hope you visit us again.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel Nov. 2012 overnight for a conference. I was in the Executive Wing, which is very nice and quiet. The room was nicely appointed and cleaned well (except for a long piece of hair in the bathroom sink). The reservation staff was very nice during check-in and check-out. The hotel shuttles run every 15 minutes to and from the airport, which is extremely convenient. My flight leaving was at 6 a.m. and I was able to catch a shuttle from the hotel at 4:45 in the morning.

Nice hotel if you want to be near the airport.

Room Tip: If traveling on business...try the Executive Wing.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Sorry for the cleanliness concern! We are so glad that it did not further impact your stay.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as i had an over night stop over before a 7am flight the next morning. Checkin was very quick and easy and the staff were very friendly. I had a room with two double beds all to myself so there was plenty of space. The shower was great and the toiletries came in handy. There was also a coffee maker in the room which i used in the morning (very useful!). I asked for a 5am wakeup call which they gave me so very happy with that.
Check out was very quick and i took the complimentary shuttle back to the airport at 5:30am.
I thought the room was very quiet so not sure what other peoples issues were with noise?
Would stay there again if i need to stop over in Chicago!

Room Tip: Chose a high floor if possible. Rooms with two double beds are also bigger so more room for your lug...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

If you do join us again in the future and have an early flight to catch, we also have Perks open at 4am and In Room Dining open at 4:30am to help you enjoy a delicious meal before you leave for the airport. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night and like any other Hyatt I've been, it met all of my expectations. This Hyatt reminded me of the Hyatt Regency San Francisco as the layout was somewhat similar.

What I liked about this hotel was I was able to get free wifi, and the Red Bar & Lounge served some pretty good food!

The room was clean with lots of space, so I can't really write anything bad about the hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We certainly strive to give you and your wife the Hyatt Touch. I sincerely hope that we are able to exceed your expectations next time.