“City is Yours With a Little Work”

Hyatt Regency O'Hare
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We recently went to Chicago for a business conference and the hotel wh ere the conference was being held was the Hyatt Regency. I asked for a high room on a quiet floor, and although I do not think I am a special rewards member, they did place me in the Executive Wing on the 26th floor. The rooms itself was nice enough, with modern touches for upgrades and a very comfortable bed. The walls are thin, so unfortunately I did hear my neighbors talking on the first night. The lobby area is gorgeous with many spaces to meet folks in. The service was super. The main dining area in the hotel has great food and service, and there are a couple of other restaurants in the area. The only real problems with the hotel were its location and the Internet Service. The location is a good walk to the L, but I would definitely recommend using the L to get you downtown as it was safe and easy to use. It takes about twenty minutes by the L. The other problem was the Internet. The hotel supposedly offers free Internet in the rooms, but between 5:00-11:00 at night, it is nearly impossible to get on. If you really need the Internet, you will be forced to pay for the Internet Upgrade. I would recommend asking for a quiet room if noise bothers you, since the walls are on the thinner side.

1  Thank krimar
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

I sincerely hope that the service made up for the disturbances you encountered while staying with us. I know how important it is to stay connected, especially while away from home. I will certainly share your feedback with our Internet provider.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,176)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice in the last year. Last month I spent five nights here For a conference. Both times that I have stayed here the room was clean and in good repair. The staff in this hotel is polite. The shuttle to and from the airport is great. The food in this hotel is costly, though, and there is not a guest fridge in the room so that you could save your leftovers from the restaurant or pick up a few inexpensive items elsewhere to save some money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency O'Hare! For your next visit, we do have refrigerators that we would be happy to bring to your room for the duration of your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Guest comments, such as yours, are invaluable.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went to this hotel for a business trip in early October. I am not sure how old the hotel is, but it looks newly renovated. My hotel room was very nice, with a comfortable bed, nice work desk, and large flat screen TV with many HD stations (including free HBO). I was given a room in the Executive Wing, which was a decent walk from the main lobby. It was interesting how my room on the 8th floor was labeled as being on the floor 28! I am not sure how the numbering system worked, but it is something to consider if you prefer a higher floor (23 is on the 3rd floor of that wing, for example).

The food at the hotel restaurants was very good, from the sports bar to the main sit down restaurant on the lobby level. The rate I received included a free breakfast, and they actually had omlette stations at the buffet, but I did not have the time in the morning to get one.

The fitness center was very nice, and all of the equipment was in great shape.

For those who are inclined, there was a free shuttle to a nearby casino. I didn't have a chance to go.

Overall, a really nice hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Executive wing are a decent walk from the lobby, and the numbering system for that wing...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HyattOHare, Manager at Hyatt Regency O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

We are 41 years young, and proud of our recent $64 million renovation, so thank you so much for noticing. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Cant think of a reason to stay here other than for a work conference, but for that it was very nice. Conference facilities were good. Free shuttle to the airport is conveinent. Starbucks on the main floor. Restaurant and room service was expensive but decent quality. Lounge was nice for grabbing a beer and some food after the conference. Rooms were pretty nice but on the smaller side. I had a room on the main floor which was conveinent but still quiet. Only negative was the bathroom. It was very small and the toilet was more like a public toilet than a toilet you would find in a home (picture no tank, but chrome pipes coming out of the bowl going into the wall with the commercial style flush level).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the feedback and will share with the appropriate departments.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed because of the proximity to the Stephens Convention Center. From the time the shuttle picked me up at the airport - EVERYONE - provided service way above and beyond what was expected.

You ask a yes / no question and they give you the answer plus extra Helpful information. You ask for something, they bring it quickly and something extra to enhance what you asked for.

Rooms were quiet, clean, comfortable. I called housekeeping to ask if they had any dental floss and a comb, they answered no floss but they would bring a comb right up. Well, knock at the door and they have comb & FLOSS - they went down to the hotel's store and got some. Easy answer would have been - "well we have it at the shop" - but nope, they went and got it and gave it to me free.

Restaurant was OK food, but again, Excellent service. Welcome back, thank you for dining with us again, etc. Small talk, recommendations...

Bar was typical hotel bar, but again, Excellent service. Wait people and bartenders were VERY friendly.

Only complaint - and it probably belongs to the convention center - but - the walkway between the hotel and the convention center was 90 degrees - no exaggeration - hotter than the fires of hades - Turn the Heater Down!

My compliments to the management of the Hyatt Regency O'Hare - they have obviously instilled a sense of pride and true customer service in their staff - and my Thanks to the staff for making my stay pleasurable.

Room Tip: Don't worry about noise inside - room is designed to prevent it from coming in. Stayed in room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

What a wonderful review to share with the team! We truly strive to exceed our guests' expecations and delighted to learn that you noticed. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here with a free voucher from American Airlines thanks to a missed connection. There is a free shuttle that takes people from the airport to the hotel. It runs pretty frequently and is a short ride.

We arrived around 8:30 p.m. and there was a huge line at check-in. I assume most of these people were also spending the night after a flight fiasco, but it would have been nice if they could have had more staff to man the front desk. We waited at least 20-30 minutes to check in.

Once we checked in, we headed up to our room. It was kind of off in some weird corner away from the main atrium. It ended up being a very nice, quiet nook. The room was very nice and very upscale. I was very impressed with it. The way the elevator banks are situated it can be quite confusing which direction to go when you come off.

We were starving so we headed to the restaurant in the lobby. It's more of a sports bar feel with sushi on the side. The prices were reasonable and the food was decent, but the service was awful! We waited forever for a waitress to come take our order, deliver our drinks, food, bill, etc. We were short on patience after a long day of flying.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I understand how frustrating it must have been to wait at all, after having your travel plans delayed due to a missed connection. I hope the further delays did not overshadow your entire experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went to run the Chicago Marathon and I couln´t find any hotels at downtown. However I found this hotel near O'Hare Airport with an excellent location and near the blue line so travel to downtown is so easy and in about 30 minutes you get there.
Amenities, furnutire, rooms are very nice. I really slept so well and I was treated so friendly.I had breakfast every morning at the hotel and the food was so tasty.
I needed to do some excersise and the have a very nice gym.

I just have two complains, one of them is that I made my reservation through a travel agency but at the time I arrived at the hotel they did not find my reservation and made me wait about an hour, and never offer me a solution people at front desk wanted me to call to the travel agency and solve it by my own, which I do not consider is fair because at the end it was a hotel reservation system's problem.
By the other hand, the cleanliness of my room was ok the the first day but during the week my bathroom was not clean and there was such a mess. Kindly the hotel offered me and apology.

After all, I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel so I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Congratulations on such a great accomplishment, running the Chicago Marathon! Your recommendation is very important to us. Thank you for the feedback regarding the concerns you had, so that we can address them and resolve those issues in the future.